Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've just seen Serbia's squad. There are some really good names there, especially in the midfield. Could see Mitrovic scoring a goal against Brazil with this bunch and adding few mil. pounds to his price.

Goalkeepers: Vladimir Stojkovic (FK Partizan Belgrade), Predrag Rajkovic (Maccabi Tel Aviv/ISR), Aleksandar Jovanovic (AGF/DEN), Marko Dmitrovic (Eibar/ESP);

Defenders: Aleksandar Kolarov (Roma/ITA), Antonio Rukavina (Villarreal/ESP), Milan Rodic (Red Star Belgrade), Branislav Ivanovic (Zenit Saint Petersburg/RUS), Uros Spajic (Anderlecht/BEL), Milos Veljkovic (Werder Bremen/GER), Dusko Tosic (Besiktas/TUR), Matija Nastasic (Schalke/GER), Nikola Milenkovic (Fiorentina/ITA);

Midfielders: Nemanja Matic (Manchester United/ENG), Luka Milivojevic (Crystal Palace/ENG), Marko Grujic (Cardiff City/WAL), Nemanja Maksimovic (Valencia/ESP), Dusan Tadic (Southampton/ENG), Andrija Zivkovic (Benfica/POR), Mijat Gacinovic (Eintracht/GER), Filip Kostic (Hamburger SV/GER), Nemanja Radonjic (Red Star Belgrade), Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio/ITA), Adem Ljajic (Torino/ITA);

Forwards: Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham/ENG), Aleksandar Prijovic (PAOK Thessaloniki/GRE), Luka Jovic (Eintracht Frankfurt/GER).

I've just seen Serbia's squad. There are some really good names there, especially in the midfield. Could see Mitrovic scoring a goal against Brazil with this bunch and adding few mil. pounds to his price.

Goalkeepers: Vladimir Stojkovic (FK Partizan Belgrade), Predrag Rajkovic (Maccabi Tel Aviv/ISR), Aleksandar Jovanovic (AGF/DEN), Marko Dmitrovic (Eibar/ESP);

Defenders: Aleksandar Kolarov (Roma/ITA), Antonio Rukavina (Villarreal/ESP), Milan Rodic (Red Star Belgrade), Branislav Ivanovic (Zenit Saint Petersburg/RUS), Uros Spajic (Anderlecht/BEL), Milos Veljkovic (Werder Bremen/GER), Dusko Tosic (Besiktas/TUR), Matija Nastasic (Schalke/GER), Nikola Milenkovic (Fiorentina/ITA);

Midfielders: Nemanja Matic (Manchester United/ENG), Luka Milivojevic (Crystal Palace/ENG), Marko Grujic (Cardiff City/WAL), Nemanja Maksimovic (Valencia/ESP), Dusan Tadic (Southampton/ENG), Andrija Zivkovic (Benfica/POR), Mijat Gacinovic (Eintracht/GER), Filip Kostic (Hamburger SV/GER), Nemanja Radonjic (Red Star Belgrade), Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio/ITA), Adem Ljajic (Torino/ITA);

Forwards: Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham/ENG), Aleksandar Prijovic (PAOK Thessaloniki/GRE), Luka Jovic (Eintracht Frankfurt/GER).

That midfield is class.

Really? :lol: Apart from Milinkovic-Savic and Ljajic, there isn't much there.

Mitrovic

Zivkovic            Tadic

Milinkovic-Savic

Matic        Milivojevic

I would rather face something else. They could go far if their defence does the good job.

Two championship players, Crystal Palace and a Benfica player to go with Savic and Matic.

The world should be shaking in their boots IMO.

Tadic isn't a Championship player

Griezmann, Mbappe and Giroud provide good options. Giroud has a much better international record than Benzema.

eh?

Giroud has 4 more goals

Benzema hasnt played since 2015 (Giroud played 27, scored 18 in that time) :lol:

31 in 72 games is better than 27 in 81 games.

Maybe not much better but Benzema has never been great for France, especially when he's played in tournaments. I dont think he's a loss considering his last 18 months of form. Good for France to go forward with Mbappe and Griezmann and have Giroud as the target man option.

Two dudes in Iceland won a Niva (our classic 4x4 vehicle) in some lottery and will use it to go to the tournament. Oh, the memories, first car I ever owned. Actually got Momo racing seats in it, oh those harmless sins of youth.

Another dude, from Switzerland, plans to arrive on a tractor.

Those wacky westerners :D

Speaking of Serbian footballers, that Spajic lad from Anferlecht just completed his transfer to FC Krasnodar. His wife/girlfriend better install some hacky tacky app on his phone, will become very jealous and suspicious the minute they land :lol:

The weather is fantastic in Moscow right now, tons of people wearing shorts and shirts already, although if it gets really hot (like over way 25 degrees Celcius) could become what we refer to as a rock oven. Volga region should be roasting hot after mid-June, and you would look like a fool bringing anything but sandals and beachwear if your matches are in Sochi or Rostov-on-Don. Kaliningrad and St Petersburg could be anything between nice late spring sunny to September-ish windy and rainy, especially at night, but so far the forecasts are good. Yekaterinburg should be fine as well, don't listen to those who only went there between September and April, when it could get really cold.

Anyone with tickets and Fan ID will be able to enter Russia from Belarus. Useful info for those who might opt for train or a long car trip. Minsk is freaking lovely this time of the year, a great starting point for party travel types.

Just got my train tickets from and to Moscow, will travel between cities by car.

Uber is readily available here, by the way. Personally, I use other taxi apps, but I am pretty sure you can actually request an English-speaking driver using their settings. The host cities will be awash with volunteers anyway, and judging by the Sochi Olympics they were terrific help.

Still plenty of empty spots in my Panini album, but my vacation is on in a week's time so maybe I'll finish it before the whole thing begins.

"Meanwhile, any player or substitute who gestures with his hands for a ‘VAR review’ will be shown a yellow card."

:aww:

Probably one for the football pet hates, but I hate it when people moan about people trying to get an opponent booked or now the above.

If that person's clearly cheating then fair enough, but 7 out of 10 times I'd say the player who's protesting is normally spot on.

A better way would be if a player is asking for a VAR review, it gets reviewed. If it's blatantly a wrong appeal, he gets a yellow or some.sort of suspension for being a tit and a cheat. If he's right then the ref has come to the correct decision.

"Meanwhile, any player or substitute who gestures with his hands for a ‘VAR review’ will be shown a yellow card."

Probably one for the football pet hates, but I hate it when people moan about people trying to get an opponent booked or now the above.

If that person's clearly cheating then fair enough, but 7 out of 10 times I'd say the player who's protesting is normally spot on.

A better way would be if a player is asking for a VAR review, it gets reviewed. If it's blatantly a wrong appeal, he gets a yellow or some.sort of suspension for being a tit and a cheat. If he's right then the ref has come to the correct decision.

:thup: or as in the NFL, they have a certain amount of times to ask for a review.

Might as well start playing games behind closed doors when a home set of fans start chanting, "Off, off, off" or whinge at a corner or penalty appeal when it's never going in their favour. Goodison Park would be empty 9 games a season like.

Group H looks tough to call.

Poland, Senegal, Japan, Columbia. I can any of those teams qualifying.

Don't actually see Japan having any chance there. It's all going to be close games, but think the other three are much stronger sides. Expect Colombia to win it, and then one of Senegal and Poland to qualify.

Aye. If some cunt hacks me down as I'm getting away I'd be screaming at the ref if they didn't get a yellow