Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At least there'll be great atmosphere's in the stadiums with it being handily located near 2 (max) of the probable 32 qualifiers and fucking miles away from anyone who normally takes a half decent crowd.

No way will they allow the leagues to continue, at least not here. The Premier League are not going to allow the big clubs lose their players for a month half way through the season whisky the smaller clubs are virtually unaffected.

At least there'll be great atmosphere's in the stadiums with it being handily located near 2 (max) of the probable 32 qualifiers and f***ing miles away from anyone who normally takes a half decent crowd.

There'll be North Korea levels of forced fan attendance.

Still cannot for the life of me understand why Europe in particular don't just tell them that they'll abstain from this WC. It would sort it out immediately.

Because they're as deep in bed with FIFA and football's money men as anyone else?

I guess Uefa are, but why the individual federations aren't clubbing together and kicking up shit is beyond me.

No way will they allow the leagues to continue, at least not here. The Premier League are not going to allow the big clubs lose their players for a month half way through the season whisky the smaller clubs are virtually unaffected.

Sponsors /broadcast partners wouldn't allow it. Would be mint though, the ultimate level playing field. Imagine Burnley or whoever going into a league match at Chelsea as bona fide favourites because Chelsea had 18 players at the world cup.

Sponsors /broadcast partners wouldn't allow it. Would be mint though, the ultimate level playing field. Imagine Burnley or whoever going into a league match at Chelsea as bona fide favourites because Chelsea had 18 players at the world cup.

Would just probably lead to Chelsea buying all the good-but-not-good-enough players as back up :lol:

"Considering the World Cup is, at the moment, the most watched sporting event in the world by far I'm surprised they are jeopardising it for some Qatari loonbags and a quick buck. "

teh answer, my friend, is in the last 3 words of your post

Considering the World Cup is, at the moment, the most watched sporting event in the world by far I'm surprised they are jeopardising it for some Qatari loonbags and a quick buck.

It will continue being the most watched event regardless if 2022 is held in Qatar or on the ISS. The only thing they are jeopardising in any way is attendance, but I am very sure this will still be very high. The World Cup is an unbreakable institution.

It'll be interesting to see how well WC viewership in the U.S. holds up in competition with the NFL and college football.

The matches will surely be on in the US morning, and those sports only have a full docket of games once per week. It shouldn't be an issue.