Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Incandenza

Obviously, Qatar should not have been granted the 2022 world cup. Their bid was corrupt, their economy is essentially built on modern day slavery, they have no footballing history etc.  However, moving it to the winter, I don't mind. If you ignore all the Qatar bullshit and look at the concept of a winter world cup in of itself, ruling out a winter world cup is tantamount to saying no country in the middle east can ever have a world cup. Thats not fair, no matter how ridiculous the idea of a middle east world cup might seem right now.

Guest Incandenza

Thats different though, because countries with warm winters don't play winter sports anyways, whereas all countries play football.

In other news the handball World cup was held in Qatar last month. Dear me was that a farce. Germany got into the tournament through the back door, the referees were very obviously paid off and Qatar fielded a team with player-mercenaries from all over the world. The Qatari's even reached the final by way of very dodgy refereeing but fortunately lost. Handball isn't completely rid of corruption no less than football but this was a sad affair. This winter WC will be a disaster

Thats different though, because countries with warm winters don't play winter sports anyways, whereas all countries play football.

I could not give less of a shit. They have about 10 professional teams and they're all fucking shit. As you say, all countries play football. So perhaps once the top 100 football playing nations have had their turn hosting a world cup, then we can consider a middle eastern world cup. Until then, they should all pipe the fuck down.

Guest Incandenza

I could not give less of a s***. They have about 10 professional teams and they're all f***ing s***. As you say, all countries play football. So perhaps once the top 100 football playing nations have had their turn hosting a world cup, then we can consider a middle eastern world cup. Until then, they should all pipe the f*** down.

I wasn't taking objection to the statement 'Qatar shouldn't host a winter world cup', I was taking objection to the statement 'There should never be a winter world cup'.

I could not give less of a s***. They have about 10 professional teams and they're all f***ing s***. As you say, all countries play football. So perhaps once the top 100 football playing nations have had their turn hosting a world cup, then we can consider a middle eastern world cup. Until then, they should all pipe the f*** down.

I wasn't taking objection to the statement 'Qatar shouldn't host a winter world cup', I was taking objection to the statement 'There should never be a winter world cup'.

There should never be a winter World Cup because the earth will cease to exist before a Middle Eastern nation deserves to host a World Cup.

Or at the very least, the icecaps will melt and Doha will be under water.

I'm boycotting that world cup anyway. Against human rights and I won't be supporting it. Fuck Qatar, terrorist funding fucks.

I'm going to become gay for the duration of the tournament. And drink twice as much.

Just to make a statement.

As ridiculous as it is, I actually think it's going to be quite fascinating to see how the leagues and broadcasters deal with it.

Heard one suggestion that we just carry on like when the Africa Cup of Nations is held. That would be class IMO. Massively unrealistic of course.