Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So that's two players we've got going

No Nainggolan

Wtf, isn't he one of their best players?  Googled it and seems he's had run-ins with Martinez.

I'm sure Radja told Martinez to get fucked after he got left out of over half the qualifiers and was told Belgium don't have a proper #10, and even if they did he'd not get picked ahead Hazard and Mertens :lol:

Apparently the next best place after the starting XI isn't the bench, it's home.

no idea why the belgian fa persisted with that other fucking clown and are now hell bent on continuing to waste their golden generation with martinez

national fa's are mental like

Spain's national team is ridiculous. On depth it's by far the best squad in the World Cup. Brazil, Germany and France have good squads and maybe the first two have better starting XI. But Spain can field like three competitive sides ffs.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I think there's options to make the midfield work, especially because Messi is a midfielder and a forward into one.

But I don't see any scenario where you can make the defence work.

Not sure about that like. He's phenomenally amazing, but he's not very midfielder-y. Unless you're Pardew. In which case he should play left-midfield/auxiliary second left-back

Argentina squad

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (Manchester United), Willy Caballero (Chelsea), Franco Armani (River Plate).

Defenders: Gabriel Mercado (Sevilla), Federico Fazio (Roma), Nicolas Otamendi (Manchester City), Marcos Rojo (Manchester United), Nicolas Taglafico (Ajax), Javier Mascherano (Hebei Fortune), Marcos Acuna (Sporting Lisbon), Cristian Ansaldi (Torino).

Midfielders: Ever Banega (Sevilla), Lucas Biglia (AC Milan), Angel Di María, Giovani Lo Celso (both Paris St-Germain), Manuel Lanzini (West Ham), Cristian Pavon (Boca Juniors), Maximiliano Meza (Independiente), Eduardo Salvio (Benfica).

Forwards: Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Gonzalo Higuain, Paulo Dybala (both Juventus), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City).

Argentina`s forward group is ridiculously good.  :lol:

No icardi wtf

He only has 4 caps - mental

Meh, he was shite last time he played and they already have Higuain and Aguero. Dybala is only in the squad in case Messi gets injured/suspended

Argentina squad

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (Manchester United), Willy Caballero (Chelsea), Franco Armani (River Plate).

Defenders: Gabriel Mercado (Sevilla), Federico Fazio (Roma), Nicolas Otamendi (Manchester City), Marcos Rojo (Manchester United), Nicolas Taglafico (Ajax), Javier Mascherano (Hebei Fortune), Marcos Acuna (Sporting Lisbon), Cristian Ansaldi (Torino).

Midfielders: Ever Banega (Sevilla), Lucas Biglia (AC Milan), Angel Di María, Giovani Lo Celso (both Paris St-Germain), Manuel Lanzini (West Ham), Cristian Pavon (Boca Juniors), Maximiliano Meza (Independiente), Eduardo Salvio (Benfica).

Forwards: Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Gonzalo Higuain, Paulo Dybala (both Juventus), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City).

Argentina`s forward group is ridicilously good.  :lol:

They left out Icardi ffs :lol:

I think there's options to make the midfield work, especially because Messi is a midfielder and a forward into one.

Not sure about that like. He's phenomenally amazing, but he's not very midfielder-y. Unless you're Pardew. In which case he should play left-midfield/auxiliary second left-back

Just meant he can help in the build up and create chances.

Helps to have that if your midfield is lacking, but there's real scenario for the defence like that.

Helps to have that if your midfield is lacking, but there's real scenario for the defence like that.

Its a negative rather than a plus IMO, he has to come ridiculously deep and do everything by himself because none of their midfielders can get him the ball in good areas

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Nar, its cos he was shite the last time he played and they already have Aguero and Higuain

They do have an embarrassment of riches up front. I'd have gone for Icardi over Higuain, but Icardi is a bit crackers

Nar, its cos he was shite the last time he played and they already have Aguero and Higuain

They do have an embarrassment of riches up front. I'd have gone for Icardi over Higuain, but Icardi is a bit crackers

Aye, like people always go on about their great attackers and think they should be a better team but realistically you can only start Messi and one of Aguero/Higuain/Icardi at any one time, while the rest of the team has massive deficiencies

Its a negative rather than a plus IMO, he has to come ridiculously deep and do everything by himself because none of their midfielders can get him the ball in good areas

Usually I'd agree, depends on what's in front of him i would say.

Would argue Dybala being there is a big help from that aspect as he can relieve some of the creative burden from Messi.

Would have taken Icardi over Aguero tbh if it has to be an either/or situation.

Aguero does a lot of similar things that Messi and Dybala does meanwhile Higuain is the only one who offers what he does.

In terms of squad balance I think Icardi makes more sense IMO, not that he's better than Aguero though because he isn't.