Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tonight will have no bearing at all man.

"Well I was going to vote for England, but then I happened to watch the Carling Cup match last night and Birmingham fans were less than well behaved, so Russia it is" :lol:

"I was going to award it to England, but then i saw the Birmingham derby and realised that there's a good chance Richard Dunne will attempt to eat me at some point if he's still around in 2018, so I've changed me mind"

Tonight will have no bearing at all man.

"Well I was going to vote for England, but then I happened to watch the Carling Cup match last night and Birmingham fans were less than well behaved, so Russia it is" :lol:

Of course it could have a bearing. What if a Fifa committee member is completely torn, 50:50 on Englands bid and another countries, looking for any reason to put one over another. Seeing scenes like that could easily sway him the night before he makes his decision.

No offence to brummie and his cronies, but why would they even be watching a Carling Cup game between Birmingham and Aston Villa? Especially on Europa League night.

Its not THAT unlikely. A quarter final match between 2 rivals, the night before Englands bid is considered.

No offence to brummie and his cronies, but why would they even be watching a Carling Cup game between Birmingham and Aston Villa? Especially on Europa League night.

Well, that's another good point. They'll all have been watching Man City - Saltshaker *wink*

Although, two of our three man hit squad out in Zurich are Villa fans. I sense an easy target for the Russians.

wouldn't give it to russia due to racism. watching black players receive monkey chants at the world cup finals would just be horrible. the country also has infrastructure/corruption issues so i think fifa should steer well clear. however being a first world cup for them and the potential excitement and development (proposing building a bunch of new stadiums) it would bring means in terms of pure interest/buzz it is probably the best bid.

spain/portugal - if it was spain alone i'd be more inclined to think this is a good idea - not sure why it has to be a joint bid, but that should count against them imo. pretty much has all the same positives/weaknesses as the england bid, though i tend to think england has a bit more organisation or even verve about it.

holland/belgium is a bit boring.

a premiership style world cup for england, with the fans close to the pitch, mix of famous traditional stadiums and big newish ones, superb footballing infrastructure and so on make for a great bid. i'd say an english finals would be a bit boring but the fact we've not held the tournament for so long gives it some more value.

The FA and government have been embarrassing over the past week. Having a go at the BBC for exposing corruption while cosying up the same officials and making a meal out of the scenes tonight while competing with fucking Russia.

Whoever wins gets the tag of being the dodgiest cunts and a mountain of debt. Well done.

Spain/Portugal and USA or Australia please.

If Spain/Portugal aren't selected then I'd be more than happy for us to host it, anywhere but fucking Russia. Qatar wouldn't be a disaster for 2022 although I'd prefer to go to the States or Australia for four weeks.

The FA and government have been embarrassing over the past week. Having a go at the BBC for exposing corruption while cosying up the same officials and making a meal out of the scenes tonight while competing with f***ing Russia.

Whoever wins gets the tag of being the dodgiest c***s and a mountain of debt. Well done.

Probably one of the least thought out quotes i have read on here . :idiot2:

wtf do you think the officials are going to do walk up to the FIFA guys and say you are all corrupt but give us your vote please ,our lot have a job to do and thats sell the World cup dream and hope it works and a damn fine job they have done imho .FIFA are corrupt and the voting is done with back handers and a Eurovision style of voting that needs to be rectified

tbh we should just host it every year. Between the college stadiums and NFL stadiums, we could have a different tournament every time.

Every year?

That's why you shouldn't host it.

*wink*

:lol: Plus we hate the sport and don't care, unfortunately.

You should get it, but you won't.

wouldn't give it to russia due to racism. watching black players receive monkey chants at the world cup finals would just be horrible. the country also has infrastructure/corruption issues so i think fifa should steer well clear. however being a first world cup for them and the potential excitement and development (proposing building a bunch of new stadiums) it would bring means in terms of pure interest/buzz it is probably the best bid.

spain/portugal - if it was spain alone i'd be more inclined to think this is a good idea - not sure why it has to be a joint bid, but that should count against them imo. pretty much has all the same positives/weaknesses as the england bid, though i tend to think england has a bit more organisation or even verve about it.

holland/belgium is a bit boring.

a premiership style world cup for england, with the fans close to the pitch, mix of famous traditional stadiums and big newish ones, superb footballing infrastructure and so on make for a great bid. i'd say an english finals would be a bit boring but the fact we've not held the tournament for so long gives it some more value.

There's as much chance of monkey chants at the Russian World Cup as there was of a crime epidemic in SA. Easy to cover these things up for a month. You won't see the racists in 2022 just as you didn't see the poor people in SA.

The FA and government have been embarrassing over the past week. Having a go at the BBC for exposing corruption while cosying up the same officials and making a meal out of the scenes tonight while competing with f***ing Russia.

Whoever wins gets the tag of being the dodgiest c***s and a mountain of debt. Well done.

Probably one of the least thought out quotes i have read on here . :idiot2:

wtf do you think the officials are going to do walk up to the FIFA guys and say you are all corrupt but give us your vote please ,our lot have a job to do and thats sell the World cup dream and hope it works and a damn fine job they have done imho .FIFA are corrupt and the voting is done with back handers and a Eurovision style of voting that needs to be rectified

Silly me for thinking the government should have some principles. Fair play to the Dutch for valuing theirs over a loss making football tournament.

Supporting the English bid for this one. You guys deserve it. Your infrastructure is great, the fans are great, you're generally a sensible lot so there won't be corruption/other scandals. It would be one of the best wcs in terms of organisation, IMO. And you deserve it because it's been so long. The only annoying thing would be how your newspapers would make you instant favorites based on '66 and all that shit.

Thinking about it, UEFA nations would be incredulous if England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales were all put in the group stages. What an awful World Cup that would be. :lol:

Bingo! That of course is the reason why it's an England only bid. Spain and Portugal at least have a track record of qualification and good performance in recent WC tourneys.

Thinking about it, UEFA nations would be incredulous if England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales were all put in the group stages. What an awful World Cup that would be. :lol:

Bingo! That of course is the reason why it's an England only bid. Spain and Portugal at least have a track record of qualification and good performance in recent WC tourneys.

By the same token it will be an absolute raving joke if Qatar get the WC without having even gotten into the final Asian qualification round for nearly a decade.