Sol Campbell

TRon

Guest firetotheworks

He'll never look good partnering Taylor. He needs someone alongside him with confidence on the ball who'll always give him an option. Colo will walk back into the side, not sure who he'll partner, though.

But I thought you said that the good players make the bad players better? Y'know, like Colo does with everyone. why not Campbell?

He'll never look good partnering Taylor. He needs someone alongside him with confidence on the ball who'll always give him an option. Colo will walk back into the side, not sure who he'll partner, though.

But I thought you said that the good players make the bad players better? Y'know, like Colo does with everyone. why not Campbell?

Erm, that was kind of my point.

Guest firetotheworks

Erm, that was kind of my point.

By 'why not Campbell'? As in him being the player that is better than Taylor, and a clear leader.

Sol starts off the games well but looks a bit knackered after 70 mins. Good thread though.

I disagree, Sol had looked his worst at the start of games. West Brom he looked like he was a destined to fail prospect the first 15 mins or so.

He's blowing out of his arse after 30 minutes.

He can still do the basics better than Taylor can. (I expect criticism for saying that though)

I watched Taylor closely in the first half, simpy in the hope that during his long layoff he would have changed certain aspects of his game. Unfortunately for us he still doesn't track the man and spends far too much time pointing to mask his own inadequacies.

He's blowing out of his arse after 30 minutes.

He can still do the basics better than Taylor can. (I expect criticism for saying that though)

I watched Taylor closely in the first half, simpy in the hope that during his long layoff he would have changed certain aspects of his game. Unfortunately for us he still doesn't track the man and spends far too much time pointing to mask his own inadequacies.

Expect criticism?  Everyone on here seems to detest Taylor and thinks he's shit...

Sol made Taylor look like the king of composure today, and thats saying something. Colo walks back in, no doubt. I think STaylor's done ok and should keep his place. I dont get the continual bashing of the lad on here. Yes he's been awful in the past, I myself have pillared him many times, but he's done more that ok since coming back in. Add's more physicality that Willo too, after his drop in form.

Guest Ridzuan

Whenever he gets in the opponent's penalty box for corners, I get worried because if  there is going to be a counter-attack, I dont think he could make it back on time. Anyway, his peformance has been decent for us so far, dont think he performed exceptionally well. He should be dropped now that Colo and Willie have served the ban. But Taylor definitely earned his spot though.

If I was Tamas Kadar my written transfer request would be in before January if this sad old shadow of a once great player was given a place before me.

I dont know what is more pathetic, the sight of him trying to defy the ravages of time or the delusion of the people who expect him to reproduce the athletism of his youth.