*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

Absolute joke of a day.  They made statements before the season intimating that our ambitions were modest and fans should bear that in mind.  In other words, hopefully we stay up and then move on from there.  We're 11th after 16 games and now they sack the manager.

I feel sorry for Hughton like many others do.  I think he'll look at suspensions and injuries, particularly the one to Ben Arfa as it happens.  The minute he broke his leg was the minute that our options were severely limited until January.  We were largely stuck with the cloggers that brought us up.  Perversely enough, I think if he'd picked up the points he has in a different manner then he might still have a job.  If we'd been beaten as expected vs the likes of Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal, and only picked up draws against Villa and the mackems, but beaten some of the shite that have stifled us at home this season then it might have looked more as though things were going to plan.  As it was, results have been erratic and that's been a concern.  We have no solid home form to fall back on.

But this is all bollocks really because it implies that this regime has an intelligence and nous that has not been shown since they took over.  I never thought they'd sack Hughton because I didn't know of another decent manager who would put up with them on these terms.  I said shortly after it was announced that Jol would be one of the only semi-realistic options I'd be happy with, so if it's him it's him.  But if it's Pardew or any of those 'usual suspect' managers - that are out of work for a reason - then they can fuck off. 

Either way it's a disgraceful way to treat a man with class.  I've supported Newcastle nearly 20 years and liked him more than anyone other than Keegan and SBR, and I'm pissed off that we're needlessly in this familiar position again.

I've just got back from work so not read the rest of the comments, but i'm gutted and once again embarassed by the club. CH brought us up first time of asking, and was clocking up  points at a steady rate for a newly promoted championship side which we are.

What more could he have done with the resources available? What options are available when it's Guthrie or the kids. He's a decent man who's done a good job for us given practicaly no backing by the board. When we've been here before have club delivered? Souness, JFK etc all spring to mind. Had CH spunked 40 Mill up the wall on shit players then fair enough but he's brought Caroll on leaps and bounds and worked well with loan signings and bargain basment players.

Whoever comes in will be given funds in January and if they don't deliver by March what happens.......................

Guest firetotheworks

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that Carroll analogy. Sacking an 'inexperienced' manager while he's gaining experience and doing well is absolutely backwards, and quite obviously yet another lie from Ashley, especially when he talks of appointing from within and developing players through the youth system.

In the last 4 months, Carroll has given every indication that he belongs and will excel at this level.

Aye, my point exactly. In the recent past he was deemed not good enough, or too inexperienced for this league and the one below us.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that Carroll analogy. Sacking an 'inexperienced' manager while he's gaining experience and doing well is absolutely backwards, and quite obviously yet another lie from Ashley, especially when he talks of appointing from within and developing players through the youth system.

In the last 4 months, Carroll has given every indication that he belongs and will excel at this level.

Aye, my point exactly. In the recent past he was deemed not good enough, or too inexperienced for this league and the one below us.

Hughton's had 16 games, man. He's looked up to it in about 4. We can't afford to continue to piss away points.

I'd personally have given him another month or so, by the way.

Glad that the rags are still sticking with "this is all Ashley's fault" rather than the usual NUFC bullshit they pull out about the fans making things like this happen.  We don't look like mongs during a manager change for the first time in a while.

Hughton's had 16 games, man. He's looked up to it in about 4. We can't afford to continue to piss away points.

So let's say we have the best manager in the world.  What do you think this squad is capable of if we had the best manager in the world?

Four games?  What the hell are you on about? Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Sunderland, Villa, West Ham...in which of those wasn't he 'up to it'?

Guest firetotheworks

Oh fuck off, you complete joke. Get a grip man.

So let's say we have the best manager in the world.  What do you think this squad is capable of if we had the best manager in the world?

Beating Blackpool and Wigan.

12th

Glad that the rags are still sticking with "this is all Ashley's fault" rather than the usual NUFC bullshit they pull out about the fans making things like this happen.  We don't look like mongs during a manager change for the first time in a while.

:thup:

It's so abundantly obvious that the fans don't back this, but yeah I agree and have thought the same.

Four games?  What the hell are you on about? Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Sunderland, Villa, West Ham...in which of those wasn't he 'up to it'?

Can add Man City and Wolves to the list of disgraceful management performances  :rolleyes:

I said 'about 4'.

Got it spot-on against WH, Arsenal, Sunderland, Villa and Everton, certainly.

I said 'about 4'.

Got it spot-on against WH, Arsenal, Sunderland, Villa and Everton, certainly.

Add in Foluwashola's two which were respectable performances and it's 'about 8' in 16 games.  Not to mention the Chelsea cup win.

Against Man City we pissed away a point by camping in our own half. Regardless of the opposition, he got it wrong that day. He doesn't deserve heavy criticism as such. But to add it to his list of accomplishments is even more ridiculous.

We have 5 games out of 16 in which he looked somewhat tactically astute.

Against Man City we pissed away a point by camping in our own half. Regardless of the opposition, he got it wrong that day. He doesn't deserve heavy criticism as such. But to add it to his list of accomplishments is even more ridiculous.

So what does that say for the likes of Wenger, Moyes, Bruce and Ancelotti who couldn't outwit some tactically naive manager?

Beating Blackpool and Wigan.

Liverpool were beaten at home by Blackpool, Wigan beat Spurs away.

You can't just pick up individual results and use them as a yardstick for Hughton's abilities. Results have been very inconsistent throughout the league this season. Teams are beating each other without much predictibility, and the league is very tight because of it. Overall we are doing as expected this season with the squad we have.

So what does that say for the likes of Wenger, Moyes, Bruce and Ancelotti who couldn't outwit some tactically naive manager?

Play that card is a bad idea, there are plenty more that suggest the opposite, and you know it.

I think CH deserves a lot of praise for managing us through a really tough period last season - he worked miracles tbh. But at the end of the day I honestly think that he took us as far as possible - I just hope that the next manager will be of real quality. Get behind the team and support our lads - they deserve it! HTL

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The opening picture told me that I shouldn't read into that too much. SINISTER!

If you went through the teams 12-20, in how many games would the manager of each side have got his tactics spot-on?

Surely when judging a manager you have to look at the bigger picture. 11th in the league, newly promoted team and 21 points from saftey with 22 games left. It's areet.