*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

Not sure if its been posted, but this was on the bbc report.

Newcastle defender Sol Campbell criticised the decision.

"This will hit the players hard," the former England centre-back told ESPN Soccernet. "The players admired him and liked him and won't be happy now he's gone like this.

"It makes no sense. Here is a guy who has done an unbelievable job. He got the club back into the Premier League and any manager would have been rewarded for that with a new contract, but Chris wasn't.

"The players are sure to be asking themselves 'what the hell is going on?', that is only natural.

"When we left training this morning none of the players had a clue this was coming. Yes, it has come as a shock, and it will affect the dressing room there is no doubt about that."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9261212.stm

Not sure if its been posted, but this was on the bbc report.

Newcastle defender Sol Campbell criticised the decision.

"This will hit the players hard," the former England centre-back told ESPN Soccernet. "The players admired him and liked him and won't be happy now he's gone like this.

"It makes no sense. Here is a guy who has done an unbelievable job. He got the club back into the Premier League and any manager would have been rewarded for that with a new contract, but Chris wasn't.

"The players are sure to be asking themselves 'what the hell is going on?', that is only natural.

"When we left training this morning none of the players had a clue this was coming. Yes, it has come as a shock, and it will affect the dressing room there is no doubt about that."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9261212.stm

It has been posted but worth posting again - for a player to come out in public and say that is massive.

Spoke to Terry Mc about a year ago and he said Ashley and Llambias were absolute arseholes to the point where working for the club was an impossibility. Said KK would never had walked out if this wasn't the case and would take the job back in an instant under different management. It's a shame if as Hughton has grown bigger than being just a 'yes man' the same has happened to him. Can't help but think there's more to Hughton leaving than simply not being good enough.

Spoke to Terry Mc about a year ago and he said Ashley and Llambias were absolute arseholes to the point where working for the club was an imbossibility. Said KK would never had walked out if this wasn't the case and would take the job back in an instant under different management. It's a shame if as Hughton has grown bigger than being just a 'yes man' the same has happened to him. Can't help but think there's more to Hughton leaving than simply not being good enough.

There's no way this is based purely on results, not a chance, not from the same people who thought JFK was brilliant for scraping a point once every three games.

He'll have asked for average Premiership wages probably, or refused to sell Carroll, something like that.

Spoke to Terry Mc about a year ago and he said Ashley and Llambias were absolute arseholes to the point where working for the club was an imbossibility. Said KK would never had walked out if this wasn't the case and would take the job back in an instant under different management. It's a shame if as Hughton has grown bigger than being just a 'yes man' the same has happened to him. Can't help but think there's more to Hughton leaving than simply not being good enough.

:smitten: Need to bring in Lee Clark just to get Terry Mac back in the dugout.

Christmas party will be sorted out in no time.

It has been posted but worth posting again - for a player to come out in public and say that is massive.

They are long time mates, I'm not surprised that he's said it.

Easy for him to do; he's on his last contract.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-6690.html

06 Dec 2010

LMA STATEMENT ISSUED REGARDING CHRIS HUGHTON

The League Managers Association (LMA) has issued the following statement in relation to Chris Hughton’s departure from Newcastle United Football Club.

Following his permanent appointment as manager in October 2009, Chris enjoyed tremendous success with Newcastle, lifting the Championship League title and securing the club's promotion to Barclays Premier League at the first time of asking, with 102 league points.

Chris's career as manager of Newcastle got off to an excellent start. In recognition of his achievements, Chris picked up four Football League Manager of Month Awards and was duly named LMA Football League Championship Manager of the Year 2010, as voted for by his peers, the managers in the Championship.

This season, Newcastle are currently sitting in 11th position in the Barclays Premier League and under Chris’s guidance have enjoyed memorable victories over Arsenal, Aston Villa and Sunderland.

Chris leaves Newcastle with a superb win percentage of 55.71%.

Chris Hughton, said: “We have built on last season’s momentum following promotion back up to the Barclays Premier League and have produced some excellent results to see us sitting midway in the table at this stage of the season. I am immensely proud of my achievements with Newcastle and I enjoyed a fantastic relationship with the players, my staff and the supporters during my time as manager. I now wish them and the club all the very best for the future. The termination of my contract is now in the hands of the LMA and I will therefore be making no further comment at this stage.”

Richard Bevan, chief executive of the LMA said: “The LMA is extremely disappointed that Newcastle have parted company with Chris given the success the club has experienced since his appointment. Not only did Chris secure promotion back to the Barclays Premier League, but achieved two club records in the process; 102 points to secure promotion and the longest sequence of unbeaten league matches (17). Throughout his time at Newcastle Chris has conducted himself with tremendous integrity and dignity, the team’s current position of 11th in the Barclays Premier League demonstrating the stabilising effect Chris has had in his role as manager during his period at Newcastle.”

And if you think that the players and fans should just sit there and not make their voice heard.. then you either don't care that much about NUFC or you're simply a coward.

Or a realist?

Whats real about not standing up for our club?!

It's almost unimaginable that I was so optimistic when Ashley bought the club just a few years ago. Good God, how that feeling has proved to be unwarranted over and over and over again.

I'm so sad I was right about Ashley when he joined

Both well worth a listen if you haven't already: -

Carver fury after Hughton dismissal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9262221.stm

Colin Calderwood shocked by Chris Hughton sacking

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9262152.stm

Listening to these is so hard, especially the Calderwood one where you can tell there are so many things he wants to say but can't legally or otherwise.