*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

had every right to milk the applause from fans after the mackem result.

We've lost or drew some homes games we should never have lost or drawn - a lot of tough home games to come, no matter who is the man in charge - we can't depend on staying in this leaue just by getting our points away from home

Against Man City we pissed away a point by camping in our own half. Regardless of the opposition, he got it wrong that day. He doesn't deserve heavy criticism as such. But to add it to his list of accomplishments is even more ridiculous.

We have 5 games out of 16 in which he looked somewhat tactically astute.

So what does that say for the likes of Wenger, Moyes, Bruce and Ancelotti who couldn't outwit some tactically naive manager?

Play that card is a bad idea, there are plenty more that suggest the opposite, and you know it.

You didn't answer the question.  What does it say about them?  Especially Moyes and Wenger, if Hughton's technically inferior team beat technically superior teams then it points to a tactical victory doesn't it?

All managers make mistakes, all the way to the top, it's no surprise Hughton has made mistakes.  You think all the good results were flukes and yet all the bad results were indicative of Hughton's ability?  Of course there are more results to use in an argument against him, we're a newly promoted team, we obviously going to lose more than we win, what were you expecting?  To beat Blackpool..blah..blah..yeah...yeah...

I'd still like to hear a tactical critique of Hughton from someone, you Ronaldo, or anyone else.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
The big reason cited behind the scenes is that they want a boss who can attract the Sky cameras to St James’ more often, at almost £500,00 per televised match.

WHAT?!

I can't think of a season in the last 5 years where we've been on the Telly as often as this.  :idiot2:

The big reason cited behind the scenes is that they want a boss who can attract the Sky cameras to St James’ more often, at almost £500,00 per televised match.

WHAT?!

I can't think of a season in the last 5 years where we've been on the Telly as often as this.  :idiot2:

iirc we've been on tv for more than half our games

WHAT?!

iirc we've been on tv for more than half our games

I've been able to see every match so far this season here in the States which is impressive.

Was he supposed to be the answer long-term? I didn't think he was, I must say. The impression I got was his key objectives were to firstly to stabilise the club and get everyone pulling in the right direction, which he did. Secondly, gain promotion from the CCC, which he did at a canter. And thirdly, avoid relegation and establish you in the PL once more, which he seemed to be doing.

The situation can be 'saved' if a solid appointment (Jol) is made but that doesn't seem likely. Hence, it is an appalling decision.

That mirror article sounds too stupid to not be true, just what the fuck is going on in our club.

Hope the fans sing for CH during the scouse game just to make it clear it's not our decision.

The big reason cited behind the scenes is that they want a boss who can attract the Sky cameras to St James more often, at almost £500,00 per televised match.

WHAT?!

looks like you had the same reaction as me.  If those 2 clowns think we need a big name manager so we get on the tv more then they are even bigger idiots than i first thought. 

I don't think the likes of sky and espn even think about who the manager is when picking games,  they'll select us for tv mainly because we have a big fanbase and are good for ratings.  They know if we are picked people will watch.

If true,but also casts a shadow over Pardew,if they want a showbusiness type appointment.

You managed to see the Everton game? I went to just about every fucking bar in the south of Florida to find it. Couldn't.

It was on a station Fox Soccer Plus IIRC which some bars don't have in their sports package. Also Fox Soccer streams every match live if you have an account with them ($15/mo).

Also, South Florida is a black hole for football which is really odd considering the demographics.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

WHAT?!

looks like you had the same reaction as me.  If those 2 clowns think we need a big name manager so we get on the tv more then they are even bigger idiots than i first thought. 

I don't think the likes of sky and espn even think about who the manager is when picking games,  they'll select us for tv mainly because we have a big fanbase and are good for ratings.  They know if we are picked people will watch.

I guess this means Ashley is going to spring Charles Bronson out of jail to be our manager.

WHAT?!

I guess this means Ashley is going to spring Charles Bronson out of jail to be our manager.

its makes my cheryl cole crazy theory seem almost credible.................... it would get cameras at sjp

From ever-so slightly positive angle, Pardew doesn't fit the bill of the 'ideal manager' being described there.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

WHAT?!

its makes my cheryl cole crazy theory seem almost credible.................... it would get cameras at sjp

The mind boggles. Maybe we can try and get Ashley detained under the mental health act.

From ever-so slightly positive angle, Pardew doesn't fit the bill of the 'ideal manager' being described there.

One Sports Direct glittery top hat and cane later!

Don't tell me you're taking Ronaldo's take on this seriously?

That he wasn't the answer long term? Most will agree. Maybe not today, but eventually.

That our results on the pitch in his one and a half season in charge somehow merited him being sacked by these classless clueless bastards in charge of our club..

Was he supposed to be the answer long-term? I didn't think he was, I must say. The impression I got was his key objectives were to firstly to stabilise the club and get everyone pulling in the right direction, which he did. Secondly, gain promotion from the CCC, which he did at a canter. And thirdly, avoid relegation and establish you in the PL once more, which he seemed to be doing.

The situation can be 'saved' if a solid appointment (Jol) is made but that doesn't seem likely. Hence, it is an appalling decision.

We will never know if he was going to be the long term answer. What we do know is like you say he has achieved everything set out to him and was on course to achieve this season's target too. Anyone with any sense can see he was doing an incredibly good job with the resources he had and the monkeys he was forced to pander to at the 'top'. I don't know about that truth of that mirror article but if it is true then these guys are more inept and ridiculous than my brain can comprehend.