*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

I wonder if Chris saw this coming and whether yesterday's meeting after the match was meant for his farewell speech. I also wonder what effect this decision will have on Ben Arfa. Ill be f*cked if Alan Pardew will be our new manager.

I ve no doubt it will be someone of that calibre. Wasnt Kinnear rumoured to be 17th choice or something? This situation is almost identical.

It certainly won't be O'Neill. He left Villa for far less than what he'd have to put up with here. A serious manager isnt going to touch us with a barge pole.

Its a totally inexplicable decision

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Heard from a reliable source who knows Nolan that, Nolan and Barton are not injured and refused to play for him.

Highly doubt that

Heard from a reliable source who knows Nolan that, Nolan and Barton are not injured and refused to play for him.

Caulkin on twitter:

Said all along #Nufc has been a fragile coalition. Now in pieces. Forget crap about senior player unrest - they're as upset as anyone

Only 4 points above a relgation spot.

So those saying 'we're fucking 11th' probably need to be realistic.

4 points off sixth as well.

Two points from a possible fifteen as well.

Yep, it's called mid-table. You tend to be as close to the top as the bottom, hence being in the middle.

Thought we were just quoting statistics. :dontknow:

Were you certain that we were going to get relegated?

Impossible to be certain, but we were heading in the wrong direction, looking less and less likely to win games.

And fwiw I spent the whole of the relegation season thinking we'd survive.

I did say last week (I think) that I thought we'd be bottom three on Boxing Day.

O'Neill is a fraud. 100m on players that are lower than us in the table.

O'Neill, Moyes, Hughes, Bruce, etc etc. All much of a muchness, and none of them are any better than Hughton. None of them can coach or build a team into playing good, entertaining football, it's all about hard work, getting stuck in, getting players who are a physical threat, and buying enough average players with Premiership/top flight experience to ensure the squad isn't too exposed after a few injuries.

Had we given Hughton time and a reasonable amount of money to replace substandard dross like Smith, Xisco, Lovenkrands, Best, Guthrie, etc etc, he'd probably have achieved what they did.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Steve Stone takes over as caretaker.

Makes more sense then Beardsley, considering Stone has been 'acting assistant' for the last month.

Guest rosstoon

When the dust settles i feel that people will look at this differently. Yes CH has done a great job but just look at results. The teams we should be beating we are not. Getting beat (stuffed by teams like WBA and Bolton) is not acceptable. I love CH and will remember him for doing a great job, but if he had stayed i feel that the good memories would have been erased.

O'Neill, Moyes, Hughes, Bruce, etc etc. All much of a muchness, and none of them are any better than Hughton. None of them can coach or build a team into playing good, entertaining football, it's all about hard work, getting stuck in, getting players who are a physical threat, and buying enough average players with Premiership/top flight experience to ensure the squad isn't too exposed after a few injuries.

Had we given Hughton time and a reasonable amount of money to replace substandard dross like Smith, Xisco, Lovenkrands, Best, Guthrie, etc etc, he'd probably have achieved what they did.

Exactly, people questioning Hughton's achievements might be forgetting just how bad our squad really is.

Only 4 points above a relgation spot.

So those saying 'we're f***ing 11th' probably need to be realistic.

4 points off sixth as well.

Two points from a possible fifteen as well.

Yep, it's called mid-table. You tend to be as close to the top as the bottom, hence being in the middle.

Thought we were just quoting statistics. :dontknow:

Were you certain that we were going to get relegated?

Impossible to be certain, but we were heading in the wrong direction, looking less and less likely to win games.

And fwiw I spent the whole of the relegation season thinking we'd survive.

I did say last week (I think) that I thought we'd be bottom three on Boxing Day.

Following this decision do you think we are more likely to stay up this season?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
WeAreTheMags WeAreTheMags

by BlaydonRacer

STUDENTS: It was Mike Ashley's idea to charge you £9,000 a year in fees. He'll be at St James' Park this Saturday. You know what to do......

:mackems: :mackems: :thup: :thup: :thup:

100% wrong.

Otherwise, completely stunned at this news.