*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

O'Neill is a fraud. 100m on players that are lower than us in the table.

O'Neill, Moyes, Hughes, Bruce, etc etc. All much of a muchness, and none of them are any better than Hughton. None of them can coach or build a team into playing good, entertaining football, it's all about hard work, getting stuck in, getting players who are a physical threat, and buying enough average players with Premiership/top flight experience to ensure the squad isn't too exposed after a few injuries.

Had we given Hughton time and a reasonable amount of money to replace substandard dross like Smith, Xisco, Lovenkrands, Best, Guthrie, etc etc, he'd probably have achieved what they did.

100% wrong.

Otherwise, completely stunned at this news.

Within context, I would disagree. Compared to what Keegan and Sir Bobby built for us, with all due respect your best team under Moyes doesn't come close in terms of attacking football. The team Moyes has now has been decent for years now, but nothing beyond above average. And I recall his first few years with yourselves (one was near relegation was it not?) involved putting out a team that essentially kicked players off the park at times, similar to Sparky's Blackburn, until he eventually put together a decent group of players who could match some footballing ability with the aggression.

Where did I say our football matched Keegan's or SBR's? :lol:

The point is, he has done exactly what you said he didn't: built up a team gradually, with good coaching and management, a relative lack of funds, into a team that plays pretty good football. I rate him above all the managers in your original post.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The correct thing to do. And no one can say I'm being hypocritical either.

I have been clear in the fact I don't think Hughton was/is good enough to be manager of NUFC. It was ALWAYS going to be when and not if. I feel sorry for Hughton (taking away the fact he need never get out of bed to work again if he so chose) he is indeed an amiable and likeable chap. It would be hard to say he hasn't been a credit to himself or the way he came across as a figurehead for the Club - especially when nothing at all was coming from above. Perhaps its his personality as much as anything that has done for him. He was also taking us down. You will always be in trouble with his home record alone. Last two away humiliations.

This only becomes a disaster if the right move isn't made now. And I, like the majority, wouldn't trust Ashley to pick up dogshit with a shovel.

Thanks for the 5-1 though and good luck - go back to being what you are, a decent coach.

Oh, I thought you were a joke account that just disagreed with the majority consensus on various things related to Newcastle. Hmm.

I have been clear in the fact I don't think Hughton was/is good enough to be manager of NUFC. It was ALWAYS going to be when and not if. I feel sorry for Hughton (taking away the fact he need never get out of bed to work again if he so chose) he is indeed an amiable and likeable chap. It would be hard to say he hasn't been a credit to himself or the way he came across as a figurehead for the Club - especially when nothing at all was coming from above. Perhaps its his personality as much as anything that has done for him. He was also taking us down. You will always be in trouble with his home record alone. Last two away humiliations.

This only becomes a disaster if the right move isn't made now. And I, like the majority, wouldn't trust Ashley to pick up dogshit with a shovel.

Thanks for the 5-1 though and good luck - go back to being what you are, a decent coach.

When the "correct" thing is done at an "incorrect" timing, how could that be a correct decision?

I think he is good enough for this club, in our first season back in the prem. I would agree that a more high profile manager would be needed to take the next step if we'd have stabalized in a few years from now, but at the moment Hughton has proven very good for this club.

What the fuck was Ashley hoping for, challenging a place in the CL? This as a horrible timing, but i think the most damage could be avoided by appointing someone within the next 4-5 days, who can come in and take immediate control of this chaos. MON would be fine, Steve McClaren would be excellent.

When the "correct" thing is done at an "incorrect" timing, how could that be a correct decision?

I'd rather he went now as opposed to when we are completely fucked. I doubt Shearer would try his eight game gamble again.

Fuck off. I hate waking up and seeing this fuck. Fuck.

Seriously, we're a promoted side at mid-table, we've struggled a bit, but we've also been really impressive. Absolute shit decision, I on't care who we hire, there was no reason to do this.

I think he is good enough for this club, in our first season back in the prem. I would agree that a more high profile manager would be needed to take the next step if we'd have stabalized in a few years from now, but at the moment Hughton has proven very good for this club.

What the fuck was Ashley hoping for, challenging a place in the CL? This as a horrible timing, but i think the most damage could be avoided by appointing someone within the next 4-5 days, who can come in and take immediate control of this chaos. MON would be fine, Steve McClaren would be excellent.

The same Steve McClaren who has an absolute shit season with Wolfsburg despite spending millions and having one of the best squads in the league? No, thanks.

Had a fucking great day up until I got back home, logged on and saw this. Shaking with rage. What the fuck. Seriously. What the fuck?

I'll always love you, Chris. ♥

Excactly what I thought.

Man, I hit the wall that hard that my hand is bleeding now.  :undecided:

What the f*** was Ashley hoping for, challenging a place in the CL? This as a horrible timing, but i think the most damage could be avoided by appointing someone within the next 4-5 days, who can come in and take immediate control of this chaos. MON would be fine, Steve McClaren would be excellent.

The same Steve McClaren who has an absolute s*** season with Wolfsburg despite spending millions and having one of the best squads in the league? No, thanks.

Won the league in Holland, and did a good job at Boro.

He's an absolute mile ahead of the other options being banded about, man.

But Hughton might have turned out to grow into that better manager IMO.

Just like you can't always just sign big name players, you can't always go out and pick up a manager that is an expert in getting mid-table teams into Europe. There are virtually none about, the genuinely world-class managers are at successful clubs, and the rest are generally very samey.

The best way to produce another Wenger or Ferguson is to give a little-known but promising manager a chance. I'm not saying Hughton would have been that, but the wise thing to do would be to give him a chance.

Only 4 points above a relgation spot.

So those saying 'we're f***ing 11th' probably need to be realistic.

4 points off sixth as well.

Two points from a possible fifteen as well.

Yep, it's called mid-table. You tend to be as close to the top as the bottom, hence being in the middle.

Thought we were just quoting statistics. :dontknow:

Were you certain that we were going to get relegated?

Impossible to be certain, but we were heading in the wrong direction, looking less and less likely to win games.

And fwiw I spent the whole of the relegation season thinking we'd survive.

I did say last week (I think) that I thought we'd be bottom three on Boxing Day.

Following this decision do you think we are more likely to stay up this season?

Obviously it depends on who they appoint, but yeah.

This feels like the day KK left again. Almost, at least.

In some ways it's worse because we know exactly what we'll be going through in the coming months.

Back then at least we had some false hope to cling on to.