Chris Hughton

stozo

Guest Howaythetoon

No-one could have done as good a job as he did in the manner he did. He's been our best manager since Sir Bobby and has earned a positive chapter or two in the annals of our club history for his significant achievements. He'll be a big miss and I hope he continues to manage somewhere to a good level because he has the capabilities. This may seem over the top but I genuinely believe we have just made the biggest mistake since appointing Souness, I feel we have just sacked a man who could have developed into a top class manager for this club. The 5-1 mauling of the mackems will stand the test of time for not only decades but generations. I was there that day and in Toon afterwards I've never seen the city and people so happy, not even beating Man Utd 5-0 or qualifying for the CL eclipsed that barmy Halloween day and truthfully I doubt anything will ever beat that day far off a trophy or a similar type of victory over them in terms of a one off 24 hours of utter joy being a Mag.

No-one could have done as good a job as he did in the manner he did. He's been our best manager since Sir Bobby and has earned a positive chapter or two in the annals of our club history for his significant achievements. He'll be a big miss and I hope he continues to manage somewhere to a good level because he has the capabilities. This may seem over the top but I genuinely believe we have just made the biggest mistake since appointing Souness, I feel we have just sacked a man who could have developed into a top class manager for this club. The 5-1 mauling of the mackems will stand the test of time for not only decades but generations. I was there that day and in Toon afterwards I've never seen the city and people so happy, not even beating Man Utd 5-0 or qualifying for the CL eclipsed that barmy Halloween day and truthfully I doubt anything will ever beat that day far off a trophy or a similar type of victory over them in terms of a one off 24 hours of utter joy being a Mag.

:clap:

A month ago that was, one of the best days of my support of this football club. Fucking sick.

My feelings too. The signs were there and he just seemed like the right type of guy for the club.

Guest GallowgateKev

I'll do my thank you on saturday at Newcastle Vs Liverpool when i sing his name as loud as i possibly can.

My feelings too. The signs were there and he just seemed like the right type of guy for the club.

Aye. :(

I gave him my full support because he felt like one of us, even though I know he wasn't. It didn't seem just a job to him.

He didn't get the chance to become our 'moyes' which is what he could have, with a little investment and time.

Hughton's reign is the first time I've really enjoyed supporting the club - win, lose or draw - since SBR, other than a couple of months under KK, which the fat cunt also pulled the rug from underneath.

Hughton's reign is the first time I've really enjoyed supporting the club - win, lose or draw - since SBR, other than a couple of months under KK, which the fat cunt also pulled the rug from underneath.

Aye.

:thup:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hughton's reign is the first time I've really enjoyed supporting the club - win, lose or draw - since SBR, other than a couple of months under KK, which the fat c*** also pulled the rug from underneath.

It's rare to find a guy with such dignity and professionalism in such hard times, he was a true legend for this club and always will be.

Gutted about this like. For me Hughton will always be remembered for his time here. He came in when no one else had the balls to try and take us back up, and to also work for Mike Ashley. Throughout all the turmoil he kept a level head and got on with it. Last year for the first time in absolutely ages I loved everything about the way we played football. I had faith in the manager, the players and was living for our games at the weekend, that is down to Hughton. Ill remember him as the guy who took me from absolute misery post relegation to absolute joy seeing us storm our way through the Championship. I was genuinely delighted seeing his reaction to us getting promoted last year, ill never forget the moment he choked during his post match interview saying how much "this wonderful football club" deserved being back in the Premier League, you could see just how proud he was.

We came up into the Premier League and with our signings I thought it would be tough. However we have had some memorable results this year, beating Villa 6-0 and the mackems 5-1 will always be remembered. Not to mention wins at Everton and Arsenal. I was also surprised at the signings of Tiote and Ben Arfa, this to me was Hughton showing how good he can be in the transfer window. Yeah he made some bad mistakes signing the likes of Perch and yeah some results were bad this year, but he was still a manager learning his trade and he delivered 2 brilliant signings and some brilliant results so far this season. We are sitting on 19 points with less than half our games played and every single one of us would have taken that back in August.

Its completely the wrong decision sacking him and I am devastated he is gone. We can only dream of what might have happened had he stayed here for another couple of years (at least) and learned from his mistakes. Ill remember his departure as yet another example of Mike Ashleys incompetence, the quicker the cunt leaves the better. As for Chris, I wish him all the best for the future and if im lucky enough to be at SJP should he ever return with another club then I hope I can play a part in giving him a great reception.

He didn't get the chance to become our 'moyes' which is what he could have, with a little investment and time.

I also feel the way he came about to be our manager was one of those things that doesn't happen very often and was a big stroke of luck. He might never of fully realised he wanted to manage until he got that chance(I don't know this of course) and for him to really take the club from the bottom of a fucking deep hole to where it is now and to go about it in the manner he did was truly exceptional. Everything seemed right about him as manager of the club. It's a fucking horrible thing they have done.

Fans of other clubs are really pissed off with this, says it all.

I'm glad (as much as it's possible at this point in time) that basically everyone in football agrees over this. Ashley is a cunt.

I'm glad (as much as it's possible at this point in time) that basically everyone in football agrees over this. Ashley is a cunt.

The only problem is those fans agreeing with us then go on to say "I hope Newcastle get relegated now".

The only problem is those fans agreeing with us then go on to say "I hope Newcastle get relegated now".

No change there then.