Chris Hughton

stozo

No sooner has he left one club with weird official statements, he joins another. :lol:

http://www.bcfc.com/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~2381869,00.html

Following assumptive and incorrect newspaper articles published over the last couple of days, that Birmingham City is concerned could potentially lead to our supporters believing something that is inaccurate, the club has released the following statement…

The club is disturbed and very concerned with the recent reporting by selective, and we believe agenda-led, reporters suggesting that the Birmingham City Board had interfered with the previous manager in the transfer market. That is factually incorrect and the club did, on the 14th June 2011, release a statement on this site stating our position.

It is reiterated very strongly that there is a robust system in place whereby only players with the written authorisation of the manager had ever arrived at the club under the previous manager and will still be the case going forward.

Players recommended by the Board, such as Babel, Odemwingie, Pennant and a Chinese player, for commercial reasons, didn't arrive as no approval was forthcoming from the manager. Players such as Dembele chose not to come and N'Zogbia due to his sudden demand for last minute increase in wages. In the case of Zamora, it was felt there had been quite a few injuries and anyway he signed a massive new contract at Fulham due to our approach.

As the legal dispute is ongoing, it is appropriate that this myth of interference is put to rest once and for all

Nice of them to blame McLeish for missing out on those generally successful players. Petty as fuck.

Interesting that they chose not to push through the Chinese player without his approval. Ignacio González springs to mind...

Stoke will go quite far as they can get their 1-0 results and can park the bus in the away fixtures. Fulham can do well because they've got Jol. Birmingham won't do well because Hughton probably will want to play it safe with their players and rather have their best XI available for this very tough devision, that they're in.

Spurs? Why shouldn't they go for it?

Stoke will go quite far as they can get their 1-0 results and can park the bus in the away fixtures. Fulham can do well because they've got Jol. Birmingham won't do well because Hughton probably will want to play it safe with their players and rather have their best XI available for this very tough devision, that they're in.

Because it'll get in the way of their title challenge. Then their fight for the top two. Then their fight for third place. Then their fight for CL football. Then their fight for Europe. Then their fight for the top eight. Then their fight for a top ten finish...

Because it'll get in the way of their title challenge. Then their fight for the top two. Then their fight for third place. Then their fight for CL football. Then their fight for Europe. Then their fight for the top eight. Then their fight for a top ten finish...

Sounds logical. :lol:

When I woke up this the morning the first thing that popped into my head is that we're going to draw Birmingham in one of the cups. Not a doubt in my mind it will happen.

I also reckon it's almost nailed on to happen.

Guest neesy111

When I woke up this the morning the first thing that popped into my head is that we're going to draw Birmingham in one of the cups. Not a doubt in my mind it will happen.

They are our bogey team in the cups as well.

:lol: