Can this club attract a decent manager?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hughton gets the boot after doing a good job here. What manager worth their salt would even attempt to work for Mike Ashley? After this latest mess I feel like the only managers we can attract is jokers like Joe Kinnear.

With a man at the top that'll give you very limited resources to work with, and then if you do a good job with those limited resources he'll sack you anyway, no, I don't think we can attract a decent manager.

Yes but the only way is on a long term contract and with financial backing.

If we offered Mon 4 years and £10-15m in the next window and a promise to spend what he and the club makes I think he'd go for it along with other managers of his calibre.

Guest Roger Kint

If we offered Mon 4 years and £10-15m in the next window and a promise to spend what he and the club makes I think he'd go for it along with other managers of his calibre.

You might as well suggest Mourinho given that it will never happen.

can't stand MON. decent enough manager and i'd grudginly take him, but the dislike, irrational to an extent, would lead to me prefer a slightly less talented manager like martin jol.

but can't really see that kind of manager coming here. if ashley is not prepared to pay hughton a going rate and a long term deal is he going to offer far greater sums and far longer contracts to much more expensive managers?

TT, I normally agree with the vast majority of stuff you post but Martin O'Neill would be a fucking disaster in my opinion.

He's an utter cunt.

An absolutely despicable little cretin who plays a shite brand of football.

Appreciate I'll be in a majority of one with this view but if I hate the little fucker.

You might as well suggest Mourinho given that it will never happen.

To make any sense of sacking him now this is the only real option any decent chairman would sack hughton for. If Ashley's actually got a plan then it will work out good for us, but if its the usual Ashley decision (95% certain it is) then were doomed.

Just praying on that 5% chance, it'll make this week easier until Pardew is appointed and depression kicks in.

TT, I normally agree with the vast majority of stuff you post but Martin O'Neill would be a fucking disaster in my opinion.

He's an utter cunt.

Appreciate I'll be in a majority of one with this view but if I hate the little fucker.

MON was an example, though I do think he'd be a good appointment, I do worry about his style of football but he'd establish us as a premiership team again imo and that's all i worry about. Considering the other options we'd be getting off lightly if its MON. Ideally some up and coming Jose Mourinho from abroad but Ashley hasn't got the knowledge or the connections to find such a person, so really its what's at our door and MON is the highest profile British manager out there for me.

I'll be sick if its Pardew.  :kinnear:

He's an utter cunt.

MON was an example, though I do think he'd be a good appointment, I do worry about his style of football but he'd establish us as a premiership team again imo and that's all i worry about. Considering the other options we'd be getting off lightly if its MON. Ideally some up and coming Jose Mourinho from abroad but Ashley hasn't got the knowledge or the connections to find such a person, so really its what's at our door and MON is the highest profile British manager out there for me.

I'll be sick if its Pardew.  :kinnear:

You'll not be the only one mate.

I know what you're saying about O'Neill I just hate the little fucker.

Generally no.

I'm tempted to say 'maybe' as I realise that some people will take a job for the salary, no matter what the situation they're going into is like.

This desperate band of sub-par jobbing managers and washed-up no marks are now the pool we're selecting from.

If anyone with any dignity or respect took the job I would be really surprised.

I'm genuinely shitting myself about who we're gonna get to replace him.

Remember that sick to your stomach feeling you had when Souness, Allardyce and Kinnear were in charge - the feeling of innevitable failure just around the corner, horrible football on the pitch, humiliating press conferences and after-match interviews, and worst of all being ashamed of what your football club had become?

Get ready folks.