Alan Pardew

JH

Guest Chubby Jason

the bit about some plyers playing above themselves seems a very strange thing to say.

'get better than Wayne and we will'
reads really harshly as well.

True though.

the bit about some plyers playing above themselves seems a very strange thing to say.

Not dissimilar to what Keegan said about Milner though. I just hope Pardew will be backed this time and everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet. It does appear to be so.

Not dissimilar to what Keegan said about Milner though. I just hope Pardew will be backed this time and everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet. It does appear to be so.

Keegan said he didn't want to lose Milner.

He is doing a good job and there is some good positive soundbites in that interview but like any manager I'll not judge him until he has had a pre-season and full proper transfer window under his belt. Fingers crossed as he is an Ashley appointment Mike will get behind with some decent funds for a first team striker, winger and centre half at least although whether I trust AP in the transfer market I'm not so sure.

Keegan said he didn't want to lose Milner.

he also expressed doubts whether he'd become a top player. Seemed quite happy to let him go on the understanding someone else would be coming in.

He came across very well in that interview, was very interesting to hear his thoughts on things and I think he's made the right decisions so far (including the Routledge loan and not panic-buying so far).. for the first time of his tenure, I'm willing to declare my support for him (how very generous of me).. so er.. Good luck, Alan!

What he said about staying up to secure money for summer trading, and getting the summer trading right, was very encouraging.

Also good hints about Graham Carr and the scouting he's been doing to prepare for the summer.

Very sensible stuff in general, I really like how he comes across in interviews. Yes, he might throw out the odd quote that people don't like, but that's just because he's open and answers questions honestly.

TBF i think we have all realised that he's a pretty nice guy, lets just hope that he pushes on from the good work he has done so far.

I get the impression he was told if we stay in the league he will be getting some decent money to spend in the summer.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5041/5378580007_49137fbe95.jpg

Cool as hell, throwing that ball away.  :lol:

He looks like he's just levitating that ball. A fucking Jedi Knight :lol:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n203/Chriswok/Geor-di-Knight.png

Save me Alan Obi-Pardew, you are my only hope!

Why is he calling our players Championship players? Good interview aside from that bizarre soundbite.

Essentially they are what he says - not Championship players, but "players with Championship credentials". How many would have said Danny Simpson/Mike Williamson/even Nolan to an extent, were Premiership players before this season? They are now because they've stepped up to the plate, but I was certainly worried before the season started.

He's trying to keep their feet on the ground and not let the squad get ahead of themselves (like we showed in the last 10 mins against Spurs when we shot ourselves in the foot by getting carried away)

Why is he calling our players Championship players? Good interview aside from that bizarre soundbite.

It's only a bizarre soundbite because you've taken it out of context and misinterpreted it.

:lol:

What will the reaction towards Pardew be if Carroll goes? All this nonsense saying Carroll definitely wont leave will prove to be yet more lies. I dont care if the bid was massive and if Ashley made the decision, Pardew came out and said Carroll wouldnt go. Im not sure what is worse though, Pardew being a liar or him not having enough balls to stand up to Ashley and fight for his players.

Guest johnson293

What will the reaction towards Pardew be if Carroll goes? All this nonsense saying Carroll definitely wont leave will prove to be yet more lies. I dont care if the bid was massive and if Ashley made the decision, Pardew came out and said Carroll wouldnt go. Im not sure what is worse though, Pardew being a liar or him not having enough balls to stand up to Ashley and fight for his players.

No difference to pardew really.

Is this any different to the way Ashley treated Keegan?

Keegan said Milner wasn't going anywhere... 48 hours (or so) later, he'd joined Villa.

At the end of the day, the manager can say what he wants, but if a massive bid comes in, the owner has to make the decision to keep or cash in.

So I have no ill feeling toward Pardew for this.