Alan Pardew

JH

I've been as harsh a critic as you mate but when it's a derby match the result is the ONLY thing that matters.

why can't i be objective about it?  the result is what matters to me

the performance was f***ing s*** and we'd have lost to a better team

don't see the conflict

Doesn't this normally happen in football? :undecided:

We've restricted Arsenal & Sunderland to 5 shots on target in 180 minutes when if you'd read the mood on here the past few weeks we were nailed on to lose both games.

He must be doing something fucking right man.

Indeed. We need to be patient with him this season too, especially with all the shit going on 'upstairs' likely to cause instability. I don't mind him at all tbh. Liar, maybe. Ashley's bitch, perhaps. But he's also done a good job so far and deserves some credit.

We've got a great squad here, and with a new LB and striker, I really think we could surprise a few people provided we stick together.

We've restricted Arsenal & Sunderland to 5 shots on target in 180 minutes when if you'd read the mood on here the past few weeks we were nailed on to lose both games.

He must be doing something f***ing right man.

Hmm, indeed.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can't knock him today, rode our luck in the first half at times, second half we were excellent.

As Dave says, the result is everything.

Course we rode our luck, certainly not as much as they did

The larsson incident was a game changer

Hes not been perfect but he is operating as a manager who has almost no control over transfers.

Took over in December and lost his star player in January - got a 12th place finish (although it should have been 10th).

Has negotiated the first 2 games of this season still without a striker and a left back and has done it as well as you could hope.

Hes far from perfect, I don't like his subs sometimes (though no complaints today really) and he hasnt helped himself with comments in the press but overall hes doing a good enough job.

What are people expecting from him?

Guest sicko2ndbest

When you play Arsenal (even now), and an away derby, you're going to be under the cosh for most of those games. To come out of it with 4 points, two clean-sheets, and probably, possibly, maybe, should have a left-back & striker on their way...I'm not sure what more we could wish for?

fwiw

When you play Arsenal (even now), and an away derby, you're going to be under the cosh for most of those games. To come out of it with 4 points, two clean-sheets, and probably a left-back & striker on their way...I'm not sure what more we could wish for?

a left back and a striker to start! :thup:

this is madness, we didn't win they lost - we won in spite of parsnip not because of him

holy s*** man

Moron.

mods do me a favour, just let me know when the ban ends 'cause the last time i was in the dark and spent ages away from the likes of hughesy who is an utter cunt :thup:

Pardew admitted he would be joining his staff, players and fans in celebrating on Saturday night.

"It brings everyone together, my staff are looking forward to going to town tonight and sharing it with the fans and I will join them for one or two and enjoy it, and that is what it is all about sometimes," he said.