Alan Pardew

JH

As if he'd walk. :lol:

This.

I've no doubt he's frustrated at not being given the tools to do his job, regardless of whether he knew this was the case when he accepted the post or not, but he'd be daft to resign. This is the biggest job of his career, the biggest one he's ever likely to have and despite not having the funds to play with he's doing a decent job up to now. He's rebuilding his reputation. He'd not walk out on a 5 year deal because we couldn't sign a striker.

Based on a couple of recent Nufc.com and 'True Faith' articles and a few posts on here you'd think some people would be happy if Pardew left just to prove he's got his principals. I say bollocks to that. I want him to stay. For one thing we've had a decent start to the season and for another, he's probably the best we could get who can work for Mike Ashley. It's shit that we didn't buy a new striker but I don't want the club to be thrown into disarray because of it.

I would be shocked if he walked, he knew the craic when he agreed to the job whilst Hughton was still manager

He will be gutted because I think he probably felt he could have gotten more out of the board than the £1mill he got

I hope he does remain patient because he has done a good job on the pitch and he probably is the best manager we can have under this ownership

I don't know what to think.  There's usually no smoke without fire with this lot and managers, but I'll only start believing it if the rumours get a bit stronger than some tenuous stuff on Twitter.  FWIW I don't like him much but would be very concerned if he were to leave at any point this season.

Imo it would be nailed on relegation if he walked/got the chop. No one in their right mind would want to work for us after that- and the ones that would are the likes of Joe Kinnear etc. And we all now how that goes.

He must stay. He absolutely must.

Imo it would be nailed on relegation if he walked/got the chop. No one in their right mind would want to work for us after that- and the ones that would are the likes of Joe Kinnear etc. And we all now how that goes.

I agree on this one. Given the circumstances, he's done a pretty good job. The alternatives are horrible if he should leave.

He's been made to look a bit of a pillock though. If I were he I would insist Derek talks to the media about all transfers from now on and only talk about the games.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

He knew when he took the job that the football could be sacrificed at the expense of a positive balance sheet and a low wage %.

We're not that f***ing lucky

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Aye, how lucky we'd be to have Pardew leave and get another Joe Kinnear type cretin in.

I agree on this one. Given the circumstances, he's done a pretty good job. The alternatives are horrible if he should leave.

He's been made to look a bit of a pillock though. If I were he I would insist Derek talks to the media about all transfers from now on and only talk about the games.

Throughly agree with these two posts like. If Pardew went we'd be in deep shit like, doesnt even bare thinking aboutit tbf.

Based on a couple of recent Nufc.com and 'True Faith' articles and a few posts on here you'd think some people would be happy if Pardew left just to prove he's got his principals. I say bollocks to that. I want him to stay. For one thing we've had a decent start to the season and for another, he's probably the best we could get who can work for Mike Ashley. It's s*** that we didn't buy a new striker but I don't want the club to be thrown into disarray because of it.

If a disappointing transfer window and failure to sign another striker was something a manager would resign over then about 3/4 of Premiership managers and most in the Football League will be handing in their notice.

.com and especially True Faith are becoming boringly repetitive with articles that sound like they've been written by moody or hysterical schoolgirls.

Based on a couple of recent Nufc.com and 'True Faith' articles and a few posts on here you'd think some people would be happy if Pardew left just to prove he's got his principals. I say bollocks to that. I want him to stay. For one thing we've had a decent start to the season and for another, he's probably the best we could get who can work for Mike Ashley. It's s*** that we didn't buy a new striker but I don't want the club to be thrown into disarray because of it.

If a disappointing transfer window and failure to sign another striker was something a manager would resign over then about 3/4 of Premiership managers and most in the Football League will be handing in their notice.

.com and especially True Faith are becoming boringly repetitive with articles that sound like they've been written by moody or hysterical schoolgirls.

The club has not crossed the line as far as a striker is concerned, but AP has definetely crossed The Line - he has lied 3 times in a row re. major themes [AC, reinvestment, striker] - he has to take responsibility. If he is dignified enough, he has to resign. No matter if JFK is waiting on the wings [defo hope not], but AP exposed himself - we can't trust him anymore. And this is an essential part of the manager's job - to have a certain rapport with the club's fans.

The club has not crossed the line as far as a striker is concerned, but AP has definetely crossed The Line - he has lied 3 times in a row re. major themes [AC, reinvestment, striker] - he has to take responsibility. If he is dignified enough, he has to resign. No matter if JFK is waiting on the wings [defo hope not], but AP exposed himself - we can't trust him anymore. And this is an essential part of the manager's job - to have a certain rapport with the club's fans.

Aye, alright.

Well, I remember people saying dropping odds mean nothing after Barton's odds of joining QPR dropped that way.

Always said I can see Pardew walking after the transfer window. Not as quickly as KK but, he's now maybe realized how stupid the people are and that you really can't trust them.

N'Zogbia's odds of signing for us dropped to such a low level too iirc. Betting odds mean f*** all imo.

What can he do? He's either been sent out to say that shit or has been told it. Hopefully he will stay quiet regarding transfers from now on? Then again he'll probably get stick for that.

If Pardew went I think we'd be lumbered with a JFK type or Dave Wanking Bassett.

What can he do? He's either been sent out to say that s*** or has been told it. Hopefully he will stay quiet regarding transfers from now on? Then again he'll probably get stick for that.

If Pardew went I think we'd be lumbered with a JFK type or Dave Wanking Bassett.

Even worse Shearer.

F*ck me.

We're not that f***ing lucky

Wow.

Read Mantis' posts, man, every single one sounds like he's in the process of opening up his wrists:lol:

He takes the negative poster mantra to a whole new level.

Exaggeration?

Glad you've taken such an interest.  It's a forum, for opinions.  Didn't realise I had to amuse you.