Alan Pardew

JH

He does what Mick? you mean he cares what we think of him???

Ashley hates getting stick off the fans, he cares what people think of him but tries to make it look as if he doesn't give a shit in the hope that people will just give up.  He put the club up for sale after the fans started singing about him and he's closed the singing section, of course he gives a damn.

Barnetta, Douglas at Twente, Breno at Bayern, Rodellega and Diame at Wigan and Kalou all out of contract next summer.

Would be great if we got Douglas cheap in january.

He does what Mick? you mean he cares what we think of him???

Ashley hates getting stick off the fans, he cares what people think of him but tries to make it look as if he doesn't give a s*** in the hope that people will just give up.  He put the club up for sale after the fans started singing about him and he's closed the singing section, of course he gives a damn.

I disagree but my point has to be more nuanced. He used to care when he was doing the whole "I'm just like an average fan" persona and buying drinks for fans. But now he just does not give a dam anymore, otherwise how else do you explain the fact that we did not get a striker when most fans you ask would likely say that was the one position we needed to strengthened? Surely even the thick cunt could see that not buying a striker would increase fans hatred of him. I for one am not placated by our failed bids, we had to get a striker and we didn't, end of story. It's naive of anyone to think that fans would go "oh well at least we tried", football fans just don't operate like that, it's very black and white (pun not intended)

I don't think he makes it look like he doesn't give a shit so that people give up, that' giving him way too much credit. He has a set of principles which unfortunately just does not work in running a football club and he's sticking by those principles regardless of what we think of him.

Barnetta, Douglas at Twente, Breno at Bayern, Rodellega and Diame at Wigan and Kalou all out of contract next summer.

You've did their scouting for them already - if they sign more than half of them claim a finders fee.  :coolsmiley: :shifty:

I'd expect at least one. Probably Rodellega :lol:

I disagree but my point has to be more nuanced. He used to care when he was doing the whole "I'm just like an average fan" persona and buying drinks for fans. But now he just does not give a dam anymore, otherwise how else do you explain the fact that we did not get a striker when most fans you ask would likely say that was the one position we needed to strengthened? Surely even the thick c*** could see that not buying a striker would increase fans hatred of him. I for one am not placated by our failed bids, we had to get a striker and we didn't, end of story. It's naive of anyone to think that fans would go "oh well at least we tried", football fans just don't operate like that, it's very black and white (pun not intended)

I don't think he makes it look like he doesn't give a s*** so that people give up, that' giving him way too much credit. He has a set of principles which unfortunately just does not work in running a football club and he's sticking by those principles regardless of what we think of him.

Ashley and Llambias both give a damn and the singing section was only disbanded this year, that was done to try and shut up people who were slagging Ashley off.  They will think that they have done enough in the transfer window and the shitty statement backs that up.  They are clueless, the criticism still hurts them even though they don't want people to pick up on that.

As always there's the next transfer window to redeem themselves, say a left back like Pieters to move Santon to right back, a striker and cover at centre half. If as hoped from now until Jan isn't destroyed by injuries these additions would massively improve the club, morale and the fans would say "good work" and the club would've organised themelves with the second half of the season to push on ................................................will it happen though? Will it bollocks, simply too many false dawns.

I disagree but my point has to be more nuanced. He used to care when he was doing the whole "I'm just like an average fan" persona and buying drinks for fans. But now he just does not give a dam anymore, otherwise how else do you explain the fact that we did not get a striker when most fans you ask would likely say that was the one position we needed to strengthened? Surely even the thick c*** could see that not buying a striker would increase fans hatred of him. I for one am not placated by our failed bids, we had to get a striker and we didn't, end of story. It's naive of anyone to think that fans would go "oh well at least we tried", football fans just don't operate like that, it's very black and white (pun not intended)

I don't think he makes it look like he doesn't give a s*** so that people give up, that' giving him way too much credit. He has a set of principles which unfortunately just does not work in running a football club and he's sticking by those principles regardless of what we think of him.

Ashley and Llambias both give a damn and the singing section was only disbanded this year, that was done to try and shut up people who were slagging Ashley off.  They will think that they have done enough in the transfer window and the shitty statement backs that up.  They are clueless, the criticism still hurts them even though they don't want people to pick up on that.

I have no doubt that they would have wrongfully thought that they have done enough but that is different from the conspiracy theory floating about that we are just pretending to make bids in an effort to appease fans. First it is completely unsubstantiated and just based on wild accusation by the usual suspects and second I don't see how any fans would be appeased by just bidding. I've yet to see anyone on this forum who have taken the "aah at least we tried" position. Like I said, football is an all or nothing game

I have no doubt that they would have wrongfully thought that they have done enough but that is different from the conspiracy theory floating about that we are just pretending to make bids in an effort to appease fans. First it is completely unsubstantiated and just based on wild accusation by the usual suspects and second I don't see how any fans would be appeased by just bidding. I've yet to see anyone on this forum who have taken the "aah at least we tried" position. Like I said, football is an all or nothing game

who are the usual suspects? George Caulkin? Jeff Stelling? Malcolm McDonald?

Wouldn't be surprised if half of that list is more PR stuff - "It's a good job we didn't panic buy or look who our manager would have us buy! Phew!"

Jonny that is being double cynical which really does you no credit. First of all you're assuming that the list in Sundaysun is somehow accurate and notwithstanding that, you come out with the whole PR thing. It's an accusation on top of an assumption which really has little basis.

I'm as miffed as anyone that we didn't get a striker, in fact I rated our transfer window a '3' in its thread simply because I endorsed the Carroll sale provided we get a replacement and it was clear that we need a striker to push on. I have no doubt that being tight fisted and trying to always get a bargain backfired but I just don't buy the whole fake bid conspiracy theory mainly because whether we like it or not c*** Ashley does not give a damn of what we think of him.

That's why I said "It wouldn't surprise me" rather than "The following I am about to post is 100% and totally accurate"

Why does anyone think that a list of player names from a newspaper represents our real targets? It's mental. Surely if we had wanted all those s*** players the club are getting criticised for targeting, we would have signed them.

The fake bids and PR exercise s*** is also bordering on insanity. As if the club is bothered about who we're linked to in the press.

There are plenty of real things the club has done wrong, don't see why we need to invent new ones.

Kevin Keegan said they agreed a fee for a player, they went away to bid for the player, and changed the bid to a lower price knowing it would get rejected. Thats his words. Of course its not insanity man, a lot of things point not it - not least what Keegan said!

I don't think they care that much what people think of them, and certainly not enough to change their business plan and its attendant transfer policy. What would be the point anyway, in these terms, as most of the fans are going to hate them for all eternity on principle whatever they do? The idea that they're constantly bidding for players as some kind of PR exercise or smokescreen for deliberate inactivity is, frankly, nuts.

They need to get a lot better at playing their own game, however.

No doubt you'll feel I'm following you around Ozzie so apologies if so and you don't want to reply, but do you have anything to say regarding your assertion that we would 'spend a load of money' this summer?

They do seem very sensitive to criticism and in such cases, they tend to lash out.  Look at the speed they react to perceived criticism from the likes of Shearer and Keegan even when they are stating something that is pretty obvious to everyone. 

I don't think they care that much what people think of them, and certainly not enough to change their business plan and its attendant transfer policy. What would be the point anyway, in these terms, as most of the fans are going to hate them for all eternity on principle whatever they do? The idea that they're constantly bidding for players as some kind of PR exercise or smokescreen for deliberate inactivity is, frankly, nuts.

Either way the club are painted in the worst possible light yet again.It's bad enough to think that the club are putting in these "fake" last minute bids that have no chance of going through and/or feeding bollocks to David Craig.

But the idea that these bids could be genuine attempts to sign players is almost worse. Laughable stuff really.

TBH it does seem like the Ruiz stuff was nonsense, Jol said it was incorrect, Twente chairman said there'd been no bid, Ruiz said there were never any discussions. Similarly with the N'Zogbia thing, Pardew said himself a while later that there was no firm bid made. And again with Michael Johnson - if we'd really wanted to purchase that player we'd have used the fact that City wanted Given as some sort of bargaining chip. Not doing so suggests we were never particularly interested.

No doubt you'll feel I'm following you around Ozzie so apologies if so and you don't want to reply, but do you have anything to say regarding your assertion that we would 'spend a load of money' this summer?

Like a pathetic little puppy.

Which assertion was this, exactly? Perhaps you have a quote?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,75153.msg2846432.html#msg2846432

When we spend a load of money in the summer, I hope we're going to hear a few apologies from those who, by that time, will have bored the rest of us to distraction with months and months of pointless moaning.

That and an admission that Keegan is, and always has been, a really crap pundit.

That one.

my problem with this is we "bid" around the 10m euro mark at the start of the window for 2 strikers, then when that all fell apart none, NONE of our other options were worth paying a similar amount of money for?'

the "bids" themselves denote the club realise it was a priority (to the fans) position to sign a player in, so they bid early and go public

after that, with 8 months of research behind them, you're telling me seriously they couldn't find and sign a striker for around 10m euros

that's really what you think you need help man

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,75153.msg2846432.html#msg2846432

When we spend a load of money in the summer, I hope we're going to hear a few apologies from those who, by that time, will have bored the rest of us to distraction with months and months of pointless moaning.

That and an admission that Keegan is, and always has been, a really crap pundit.

That one.

Gosh, well clearly I was wrong.

Except Keegan is still a crap pundit.

COLIN KAZIM-RICHARDS

NICKY SHOREY

PAUL KONCHESKY

PETER CROUCH

FEDERICO MACHEDA

KENWYNE JONES

f***ing glad that Pardew isn't the one who takes all the transfer decisions. Absolutely rubbish players. Worrying stuff.

That list :dowie: