Alan Pardew

JH

That list of "potential" signings is missing a few obvious examples of where the club managed to f*** things up and lose their man. Neil Taylor and Darnel Situ immediately spring to mind.

We tried to f*** Swansea over on Neil Taylor and naturally they were p*ssed off about it and made efforts to ensure they kept him.

Situ opted for Swansea rather than us as our offer couldn't compete. Which is a concern given that he'd be on a relatively low wage.

COLIN KAZIM-RICHARDS

NICKY SHOREY

PAUL KONCHESKY

PETER CROUCH

FEDERICO MACHEDA

KENWYNE JONES

f***ing glad that Pardew isn't the one who takes all the transfer decisions. Absolutely rubbish players. Worrying stuff.

Shocking list. Saying that, I rate Jones more than Ba.

Why? Ba has a way better scoring record. Would have had Ba 10 out of 10 times myself.

That list of "potential" signings is missing a few obvious examples of where the club managed to f*** things up and lose their man. Neil Taylor and Darnel Situ immediately spring to mind.

We tried to f*** Swansea over on Neil Taylor and naturally they were p*ssed off about it and made efforts to ensure they kept him.

Situ opted for Swansea rather than us as our offer couldn't compare. Which is a concern given how he'd not be on big wages.

I had never heard of Taylor before we tried to buy him but it seems he has done well for Swansea so far this season and they were praising him in the Wales match on Friday so we may well have missed out there because of our hard stance.

COLIN KAZIM-RICHARDS

NICKY SHOREY

PAUL KONCHESKY

PETER CROUCH

FEDERICO MACHEDA

KENWYNE JONES

f***ing glad that Pardew isn't the one who takes all the transfer decisions. Absolutely rubbish players. Worrying stuff.

Why? Ba has a way better scoring record. Would have had Ba 10 out of 10 times myself.

Because I hate Ba's kind of "I'd rather fuck off to another club than get on with a certain situation" character.

I'm not convinced from a footballing point of view, either btw.

Wouldn't be surprised if half of that list is more PR stuff - "It's a good job we didn't panic buy or look who our manager would have us buy! Phew!"

I think you are right. 

I don't know why they bother though because their "PR exercises" are so transparent these days that they are no longer fooling anyone.

Wouldn't be surprised if half of that list is more PR stuff - "It's a good job we didn't panic buy or look who our manager would have us buy! Phew!"

I think you are right. 

I don't know why they bother though because their "PR exercises" are so transparent these days that they are no longer fooling anyone.

If that article is a PR exercise by the club then it's badly misdirected. It emphasises the fact that those who do the final negotiations to bring players in (.i.e. Llambias) are totally incompetent.

If that article is a PR exercise by the club then it's badly misdirected. It emphasises the fact that those who do the final negotiations to bring players in (.i.e. Llambias) are totally incompetent.

It also emphasises that Pardew should have no say in player transfers if his list of wanted players is true.

It also emphasises that Pardew should have no say in player transfers if his list of wanted players is true.

I reckon it is as true as the list we saw come out after Keegan had to leave

Very different situation though, the Keegan list was clearly aimed at denting the reputation of an ex manager who had walked out. Pardew is still here.

It concerns me that our transfers are done purely on a business basis rather than what is best for the football team.

For example, we need a left-back.  We target Cissokho and his club value him at say 12m but we offer 8m, then we offer PSV 6m for Pieters but they want 7m so instead we buy Santon, a right-back who can play at left-back for 5m. 

Now Santon might end being a fantastic player but in the end I get the impression that we have gone for the cheapest option (and also potentially the one with the highest resale fee) as we were supposedly prepared to pay a higher fee (albeit below their club's valuations) for other players rather than what is best for the team.  If we are prepared to go as high as 8m for one player, why not pay 7m for the alternative.  Maybe I am being unfair, but I wonder if you had a choice of all 3 players and ignoring the price, which player would have been the preferred option.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Probably for the best Pardew's kept away from transfers then. Add that to the Sidwell and Carlton Cole requests in January, pretty shocking like!

Very different situation though, the Keegan list was clearly aimed at denting the reputation of an ex manager who had walked out. Pardew is still here.

Pardew is their little puppet really, they can ruin his reputation as much as they like BUT they know he is not going anywhere

Jonny that is being double cynical which really does you no credit. First of all you're assuming that the list in Sundaysun is somehow accurate and notwithstanding that, you come out with the whole PR thing. It's an accusation on top of an assumption which really has little basis.

I'm as miffed as anyone that we didn't get a striker, in fact I rated our transfer window a '3' in its thread simply because I endorsed the Carroll sale provided we get a replacement and it was clear that we need a striker to push on. I have no doubt that being tight fisted and trying to always get a bargain backfired but I just don't buy the whole fake bid conspiracy theory mainly because whether we like it or not cunt Ashley does not give a damn of what we think of him.

Why does anyone think that a list of player names from a newspaper represents our real targets? It's mental. Surely if we had wanted all those shit players the club are getting criticised for targeting, we would have signed them.

The fake bids and PR exercise shit is also bordering on insanity. As if the club is bothered about who we're linked to in the press.

There are plenty of real things the club has done wrong, don't see why we need to invent new ones.

What, you mean Keegan didn't quit because Ashley wouldn't give him 200 million pounds to sign Frank Lampard, David Beckham and Thierry Henry?

COLIN KAZIM-RICHARDS

NICKY SHOREY

PAUL KONCHESKY

PETER CROUCH

FEDERICO MACHEDA

KENWYNE JONES

You do? Based on what?

I've come to loathe it when journalists base their articles on "unnamed sources".  It's carte-blanche to fill in the blanks with made up stuff.

That being said, I don't think we want Pardew identifying transfer targets.

I hope we don't just focus on France.  Can't we get intensive scouting in other countries?

The January window will be primarily used to negotiate with Bosman's for the summer?

It is likely we'll attempt to sign a striker on the cheap in January or bring in an unpopular loan for the rest of the season