Alan Pardew

JH

I thought we were a bit short on options to add a bit of steel to the team yesterday, bench was too offensive tbh. I honestly thought he would have brought on santon for obertan as he seemed to be making sloppy mistakes in second half and wasn't as decisive as in the first (could be said of all though). After the break we had no-one who could really _"hold the fort", Pards should perhaps have gone, as some of the above have stated, with ben arfa or marveaux into the midfield to give a counter like feel to the attack, this would at least convert us into a midfield five with faster outlets. I  didn't mind ba coming off as best rarely loses the ball and holds it up very well, he's less of a goal threat but you don't mind that when you want to keep possession from the other side.

Great first half and perhaps a bad bench to remedy the second half onslaught from them... Would Mehdi Abeihd have added steel to the midfield? Is he a more holding type than attacking>???

That's the point I was making, we had one defender on the bench and we didn't use him. Santon instead of Obertan might have stopped the Wolves wide men from getting so many crosses in. What was Lovenkrands going to do other than run around a bit? I got the feeling that we had so many attackers on the bench purely because Pardew didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by leaving them out. Mehdi should have been on the bench or someone similar at least. Guthrie is ok but in the face of a storm he's not your man to dig in. That's the last place he wants to be.

Just read his comments from yesterday on .COM, and they're excellent. It will rub it in their faces more and it's nice and honest. We got 3 points, and it doesn't matter how we got them. Fuck off thick Mick. :D

We are too keen to beat ourselves up. Great win, let's not dwell on the negatives.

Nice two week break now and a pretty enticing game to come against Spurs.

:thup:

One thing I do like about Pardew is he's just about honest about his assessment of our performances in his post-match interviews. Unlike some managers who spout shit about how unlucky they were despite their shitness in the game.

We are too keen to beat ourselves up. Great win, let's not dwell on the negatives.

Nice two week break now and a pretty enticing game to come against Spurs.

:thup:

One thing I do like about Pardew is he's just about honest about his assessment of our performances in his post-match interviews. Unlike some managers who spout s*** about how unlucky they were despite their shitness in the game.

Honesty is just a fantastic trait in all aspects of life. When managers come off and say they didn't see an incident which would have helped the opposition team it makes me feel sick. How often do you hear managers say it the other way round? They've always got an opinion when it works out poorly for them. Give it if you can take it. Pardew seems like the kind of guy who can charm the officials a bit with his chatter, motivate the players, keep the board onside and give the fans something to cheer about. It's pretty rare that you get someone that can cover all those

Name and shame them.

Fuck knows who on here.

Just I heard someone last night say something like "imagine how good we'd be if Carroll was still here".

Really annoyed me, we would be much worse off because he's crap. :lol:

Name and shame them.

f*** knows who on here.

Just I heard someone last night say something like "imagine how good we'd be if Carroll was still here".

Aye couple of blokes in the boozer yesterday produces some gems. Apparently our start to the season is 'alright' while his mate accepted it was 'OK'. There was also a moment when Ba had the ball and was surrounded by three defenders and he went backwards they shouted 'what are you doing man!? That's crap'

I too was expecting a Messi-esque dribble and a finish from the edge of the box.

Name and shame them.

f*** knows who on here.

Aye couple of blokes in the boozer yesterday produces some gems. Apparently our start to the season is 'alright' while his mate accepted it was 'OK'. There was also a moment when Ba had the ball and was surrounded by three defenders and he went backwards they shouted 'what are you doing man!? That's crap'

I too was expecting a Messi-esque dribble and a finish from the edge of the box.

To be fair to them, I love taking the piss when I'm watching in a pub, was screaming for a penalty yesterday when Ba had that slip in the 2nd half when about to shoot. :lol:

Name and shame them.

f*** knows who on here.

:lol:

Name and shame them.

f*** knows who on here.

To be fair to them, I love taking the p*ss when I'm watching in a pub, was screaming for a penalty yesterday when Ba had that slip in the 2nd half when about to shoot. :lol:

The thing is they were being deadly serious, worrying.

Name and shame them.

f*** knows who on here.

Jonas could oblige :shifty:

Very refreshing to hear Pardew admit a couple of decisions went fortuitously your way, as well as playing well for long periods.

Compare that to Dalglish and McLeish in the past week claiming they never saw things that went for them, and generally insulting everyone's intelligence.

Very refreshing to hear Pardew admit a couple of decisions went fortuitously your way, as well as playing well for long periods.

Compare that to Dalglish and McLeish in the past week claiming they never saw things that went for them, and generally insulting everyone's intelligence.

Pardew in "honesty" shocker wasn't a direction I saw coming on here - but these are interesting times I suppose.