Alan Pardew

JH

Three losses in a row (counting Norwich), or just one point, would be shocking and questions would have to be asked and tbqh being ravaged by injuries is only going to get anyone so far when you're talking against playing those teams. 

Two or three points would be a huge, huge disappointment.

Four points - thinking draw against WBA is actually not too far fetched given they'll come here pumped up after the final day of last season and think they can get something -  would not be a disappointment. 

Pick up two wins here and it's a massive weight off the shoulders and we can get back on track. 

In any of the scenarios however I cannot see the results leading to Pardew's dismissal. 

I think people have been far too carried away in thinking Pardew is better than he actually is and he'll be found wanting before the end of the season.  That said, I don't know why people are worrying too much about our next two games when we'll probably have Coloccini back and possibly Tiote. 

Decisions need to be made regarding Obertan and Ryan Taylor but we need to get other players back before Taylor goes out.  Obertan at the weekend will be his first big decision that he has to make.  I think he's dropped some bollocks against Norwich and it's up to him to learn from them, we'll have to wait and see.  If Coloccini isn't fit for the weekend then it will be interesting to see if he goes with Perch and Simpson through the middle, once is a mistake, twice would be madness.

In any of the scenarios however I cannot see the results leading to Pardew's dismissal. 

:lol: what about civil unrest? the closing down of sports direct? Mike Ashley giving away the club for free to the NUST?

all of those scenarios are about as likely as Pardew being sacked even if we lose 4 games in a row :lol:

:lol: what about civil unrest? the closing down of sports direct? Mike Ashley giving away the club for free to the NUST?

all of those scenarios are about as likely as Pardew being sacked even if we lose 4 games in a row :lol:

Right, I know?  The initial question was regarding whether or not, should we not win the next two, should Pardews recent form lead to a dismissal like Hughtons "did". 

This is the Premier League - anyteam (bar the 'top 4/6') can beat each other on any given day, hell, even the mackems came from behind to win a game yesterday.

I really we're not going to have large swathes of the crowd 'expecting' wins again when we're only 18months back into the top flight (and only 3 months away from the end of the transfer window when we were written off by a fair majority on here and in the media) :facepalm: it was bad enough under Shepherd :(

The Mackems came from behind to beat Blackburn, hardly a momentous game.

I'd say it's fair to expect to get 4-6 points from Norwich, Swansea and West Brom. If you expect any less then that's pretty much relegation standard.

The Mackems won only their 4th home league game in 2011, despite being 1-0 down at HT. That's one of the more remarkable results of the weekend (against a team that had scored 4 the previous week).

If we picked up 3 points from Norwich, Swansea and West Brom, it's not "pretty much relegation material" :lol: it's three games out of 38. We've already done really well this season, a dip in form is to be expected - the fact that we've been without several key first team players is a silver lining.

What's with your ridiculous attitude towards other teams in the league?

It's not a ridiculous attitude man :lol: I just think we should aim to pick up points against newly promoted teams, regardless of injuries, how is that hard to fathom?

Big difference between "aiming" to pick up 4-6 points and "expecting" to pick up 4-6 points.

Which was the point I was making, if you get my point.

NEEJ - have a word with yourself, you're not Hansel or Gretal.

:lol: Sorry.

I think people have been far too carried away in thinking Pardew is better than he actually is and he'll be found wanting before the end of the season.  That said, I don't know why people are worrying too much about our next two games when we'll probably have Coloccini back and possibly Tiote. 

Decisions need to be made regarding Obertan and Ryan Taylor but we need to get other players back before Taylor goes out.  Obertan at the weekend will be his first big decision that he has to make.  I think he's dropped some bollocks against Norwich and it's up to him to learn from them, we'll have to wait and see.  If Coloccini isn't fit for the weekend then it will be interesting to see if he goes with Perch and Simpson through the middle, once is a mistake, twice would be madness.

I really don't know if anyone thinks Pardew is better than he is, for me he's better than others we might have had and he's better than the man he replaced. So for my money his appointment wasn't another Ashley mistake. We'll just have to see whether he gets found out as you put it. The feature of this season thus far (Norwich apart) has been that we have picked  up points in the games where we might have expected to. I can't really classify losing away at Norwich with no central defenders on the pitch as a pivotal result, but I'm well aware that some feel we should have done better.

As a matter of interest if Colo and Williamson aren't fit who would you play through the middle?

I really don't know if anyone thinks Pardew is better than he is, for me he's better than others we might have had and he's better than the man he replaced. So for my money his appointment wasn't another Ashley mistake. We'll just have to see whether he gets found out as you put it. The feature of this season thus far (Norwich apart) has been that we have picked  up points in the games where we might have expected to. I can't really classify losing away at Norwich with no central defenders on the pitch as a pivotal result, but I'm well aware that some feel we should have done better.

As a matter of interest if Colo and Williamson aren't fit who would you play through the middle?

He being better than the man he replaced is debatable, as for who I would play through the middle, I'd start Kadar.  We can't go back in time but it might have been a good idea to strengthen a position which was clearly weak before we'd kicked a ball in anger this season.

He being better than the man he replaced is debatable, as for who I would play through the middle, I'd start Kadar.  We can't go back in time but it might have been a good idea to strengthen a position which was clearly weak before we'd kicked a ball in anger this season.

...and all the people who were more concerned with getting another central defender instead of "splashing out on a striker" would find their concerns justified O0 (Hi, Beren) but it didn't happen and we have to make the best of what we've got. There's no point crying over spilt milk.

He has to drop Obertan. From what I've seen of him and how comfortable he is on the ball, even Santon would be more dangerous at RM.

I tried that on FIFA last night, it didn't go that well. He's got the pace and strength, but lacks the close control. Not conclusive, but just putting it out there.

He has to drop Obertan. From what I've seen of him and how comfortable he is on the ball, even Santon would be more dangerous at RM.

When Jonas was suspended I'd have put santon in front of Raylor, double up on the wing. Still think in more difficult games this is an option.

Pardew met up with Toon owner Mike Ashley yesterday – the second time inside a week the pair have held ­discussions ahead of the transfer window.

Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga is expected to complete his move to Tyneside in the first week of the New Year and with Steven ­Taylor ruled out for the season, Pardew wants to recruit at least one ­defender.

“There’s ­certainly one player who will be coming in and we’re hoping for two,” he said.

“Mike is very focused on what a great season we’re having.”

Hopefully that's the 'let's push on' kind of focus and not the 'who can we sell' kind of focus.

Pardew met up with Toon owner Mike Ashley yesterday – the second time inside a week the pair have held ­discussions ahead of the transfer window.

Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga is expected to complete his move to Tyneside in the first week of the New Year and with Steven ­Taylor ruled out for the season, Pardew wants to recruit at least one ­defender.

“There’s ­certainly one player who will be coming in and we’re hoping for two,” he said.

“Mike is very focused on what a great season we’re having.”

Hopefully that's the 'let's push on' kind of focus and not the 'who can we sell' kind of focus.

Don't really know how I came to this conclusion but pretty confident it's the former. Like I've said before, just have a feeling we won't sell anyone in January (summer is another matter though).

we all know if another club panics like Liverpool did and bids way over value, we'll sell anyone at any time.

credit where it's due though, we've already tied up a new signing for january and i hope it's a sign of things to come in that we'll pursue targets in following windows (once we've unsettled them by bidding  :lol:)

we all know if another club panics like Liverpool did and bids way over value, we'll sell anyone at any time.

credit where it's due though, we've already tied up a new signing for january and i hope it's a sign of things to come in that we'll pursue targets in following windows (once we've unsettled them by bidding  :lol:)

as will practically everyone.

Was wondering who jinxed it..  :hmm:

If he starts Obertan this weekend I'm going to send Pardew a parcel with another envelope in it which has Gabriel Obertan as the address then in side the envelope is a bag which contains shit, that may or may not get the message across, guess we'll see.

honest question what other choice does he have? Fergies just back from injury, Sammys to raw imo atm to start and is best suited off the bench and he clearly doesn't see HBA as a wide player

If he starts Obertan this weekend I'm going to send Pardew a parcel with another envelope in it which has Gabriel Obertan as the address then in side the envelope is a bag which contains shit, that may or may not get the message across, guess we'll see.

honest question what other choice does he have? Fergies just back from injury, Sammys to raw imo atm to start and is best suited off the bench and he clearly doesn't see HBA as a wide player

Agree with this really. I am not sure I see HBA as a right winger either :dontknow:

We should have replaced Barton though.

There actually is a distinct lack of options on the right wing really.

Obertan is pretty much the only "natural" right winger we've got. Sure, Jonas can play there but he's made the left wing his own. Sammy is still too raw atm to be starting games (and if he is on the pitch, I'd play him on the left-side anyway). I've heard Gosling could play there but he's out for 3 games now though even when he is available, personally can't see him being played there.

I still want to try Ben Arfa out there like, he is the only other logical choice after the names I've just mentioned.

Guest VaVaVoom

Agree with this really. I am not sure I see HBA as a right winger either :dontknow:

We should have replaced Barton though.

What other option?

Raylor on the right. Dependant on who we have to play CB of course.