Alan Pardew

JH

Ba has played most of his career wide left in a 4-3-3.

I would keep him upfront in the same system we've played all season but it is an option.

I would hate to move Ba, he's one of the last players I'd like to see moved, I know you said you wouldn't do it.

Ba needs to stay exactly where he is and play exactly as he's been playing. He's the touchstone of the side.

Guest neesy111

Has Pardew ever criticised players after a match?

Yes, Ben Arfa.

As I'll say again.  Very hypocritical of him to do it to Ben Arfa but Shola gets away scot free.

As I'll say again.  Very hypocritical of him to do it to Ben Arfa but Shola gets away scot free.

"Every time I put him out there he does terrific for me.  I just wish he was loved a bit more by the fans.  If they had seen him in the dressing room then I think they would all love him.”

Yes, Ben Arfa.

Staggering decision to even start him, let alone reward him with the captaincy, after his previous 2 appearances. Don't understand it as we had several better options than play him.

Sends out entirely the wrong message.

Guest neesy111

"Every time I put him out there he does terrific for me.  I just wish he was loved a bit more by the fans.  If they had seen him in the dressing room then I think they would all love him.”

Depressing quotes.

Guest neesy111

Yes, Ben Arfa.

Staggering decision to even start him, let alone reward him with the captaincy, after his previous 2 appearances. Don't understand it as we had several better options than play him.

Sends out entirely the wrong message.

I could think of a number of different line-ups / formations which would be more effective without Shola.

Personally like the formation and think it is the way forward. Plenty of time for Pards and what he is doing but what boils my piss is the inability of successive managers to see that Shola is sheet. And for that matter is Simpson. Play Best in the middle until Cisse is ready, play Jonas as the left striker ( or else HBA), Ba as the second striker ( or Vuckic etc) and buy a centre back because without Colo and Taylor we look vulnerable. Santon on the right and Ferguson eft if we can't afford a LB.

Also, if we are going to have HBA feed him the ball. He gt so little he tried to do too much. Attack should be about getting the ballot him around their box.

Unlucky to lose today but was totally avoidable.

Problem was, it was played like this for most of the game:

Krul

Simpson    Willi    Perch      Santon

Guthrie        Cabaye

HBA                                                                          Jonas                                                                        Best

Ameobi

Nicely set out :thup:

And I agree.

Yup. Agreed x2.

Pardew is far from a flawless tactician, I'd even go as far to say he's an average manager. However, the fact we're even talking about 'the next level' goes to show what an commendable job he's done this season.

Therein lies the rub.

In many ways Pards has shown he is eager to learn about the game. But I wonder if he actually has some fear of putting it to practice??

It's that plan b is always just lumping it up which worries me. He tries the more complex stuff, but as soon as things go wrong, just kick it to Ba. Works fine when we have Ba...

He sometimes gets it spot on, but that's only if he starts the game like that, he seems incapable of changing for the better half way through so far.

Krul

Guthrie        Cabaye

HBA                                                                          Jonas                                                                        Best

Ameobi

And I agree.

Yup. Agreed x2.

Does Jonas play centrally quite a bit for you? Noticed he was central quite a bit tonight, thought it was odd; never considered him to be a central midfielder/attacking midfielder.

He keeps trying to be clever tactically but just keeps on ending up like a complete mug, the number of managers who have handed him his arse tactically this season is embarrassing. This is twice now we've went out to lower league sides under Pardew and this is unacceptable. I'd replace him after the season ends.

Cos thats what we need, another manager...

It's that plan b is always just lumping it up which worries me. He tries the more complex stuff, but as soon as things go wrong, just kick it to Ba. Works fine when we have Ba...

More often than not it doesn't though,games like Man U at home are the exception.

Krul

Guthrie        Cabaye

Ameobi

And I agree.

Yup. Agreed x2.

Does Jonas play centrally quite a bit for you? Noticed he was central quite a bit tonight, thought it was odd; never considered him to be a central midfielder/attacking midfielder.

He's the middle of the 3 in the 4-2-3-1 but the formation's only three games old.

He keeps trying to be clever tactically but just keeps on ending up like a complete mug, the number of managers who have handed him his arse tactically this season is embarrassing. This is twice now we've went out to lower league sides under Pardew and this is unacceptable. I'd replace him after the season ends.

Cos thats what we need, another manager...

Indeed.

F*cking staggering that people even think about this. Warnock, Curbishley and Bruce are available and would no doubt step in without a moment's hesitation. Would love to hear some other names to throw into the hat. 

Pardew is fucking clueless, let's be honest. Brighton had nothing other than Gus Poyet as manager who Ashley wanted to employ as a manager, yet they executed their gameplan perfectly. Shola's winning headers into empty space? tactical fucking genius  :indi:

Guest neesy111

Just been reading Shane Ferguson's comments on .cock and once again there are references to getting a draw. Can't help but feel there wasn't enough emphasis on simply winning the game.

If we can't go to Brighton and look for a win, then what hope do we have for any away game for rest of the season ???