Alan Pardew

JH

honestly don't remember that. the only stuff i remember bout him and liverpool was when he was in milan. however do you think he'd have turned down cjelsea in favour of liverpool given the squillions he was given to spend there ?

All of the headlines about him at the time were that he'd been offered Chelsea but wanted Liverpool, it's too late at night for me to go looking for quotes so don't ask.

Chelsea were already a Champions League club under Ranieri man. They were hardly some no mark club with money to spend.

Nobody has said they were a no mark club, they had just finished 4 places higher up the league than we currently are.

But Wigan are a no mark club which is sort of the point.

:thup:

Even City had to settle for Mark Hughes before they got Mancini.

Wigan would have to build a decent set-up there before someone like Mourinho would go within a mile of the place, regardless of how much money they have.

Hughes was at Man City when they were taken over.

Even City had to settle for Mark Hughes before they got Mancini.

Wigan would have to build a decent set-up there before someone like Mourinho would go within a mile of the place, regardless of how much money they have.

Agree, plus Man City's history and standing is streets ahead of Wigan's.

I'm willing to concede that Mourinho would manage Wigan but not before they'd been built up to be a consistent top 6 club over a number of years.

Which kind of makes my "Man City = fairly big club" argument a bit redundant, but not really as they'd have a huge head start over Wigan in attracting that kind of manager.

I'm willing to concede that Mourinho would manage Wigan but not before they'd been built up to be a consistent top 6 club over a number of years.

Which kind of makes my "Man City = fairly big club" argument a bit redundant, but not really as they'd have a huge head start over Wigan in attracting that kind of manager.

bollocks man, had they avoided relgation on goal diff but found a benefactor that would do what roman done,,,,you don't think mourinho would be interested ?

bollocks man, had they avoided relgation on goal diff but found a benefactor that would do what roman done,,,,you don't think mourinho would be interested ?

I don't think he'd go anywhere near it.  You're over-simplifying it.  Money's been one of the factors with the jobs he's taken, not the sole factor.

I don't think City's players or manager are remotely interested in their history or standing.

I don't think any players and managers do though really, not many anyway. They're just interested in how they're doing in the present, and probably rightly so TBH.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2377496/Mourinho-would-prefer-Liverpool.html

He was willing to turn down Roman at a club that had just finished second and had been knocked out in the Champions League Semi Finals for Liverpool, so I'm pretty sure it isn't unreasonable that he'd tell a team that had only just avoided the Championship by a couple of goals no.

liverpool if anywhere.

i still have my doubts over him if he can't outspend everyone.

Look up the history of Porto between 2002 and 2004.

Guest Brendan_Rice

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2377496/Mourinho-would-prefer-Liverpool.html

He was willing to turn down Roman at a club that had just finished second and had been knocked out in the Champions League Semi Finals for Liverpool, so I'm pretty sure it isn't unreasonable that he'd tell a team that had only just avoided the Championship by a couple of goals no.

liverpool if anywhere.

i still have my doubts over him if he can't outspend everyone.

Look up the history of Porto between 2002 and 2004.

If he was thinking of liverpool I would like to think we had a chance of getting him

Important to remember we are without 5 guaranteed starters tonight. At this stage I'll take a shit performance and good result combo meal.

Guest Dontooner

Blackburn Vs Newcastle:

Wow really playing some carpet footy with Pardew tactic's today, Dominating the game with plenty of defense spill-ting open chances create by his tactics and his team. The passing being crisp and its not the individual players that are winning us the game, the usual suspect Colo and krul are having a average game but the rest of the team are carrying them today like.

Must be Pardew's tactics and seamless preparation of the game that is bringing out the best out of HBA , Jonas and the flair players.. Shola is having a cracking game here! Top 7 here we continue to come Under the Pardew's wagon