Alan Pardew

JH

Important to remember we are without 5 guaranteed starters tonight. At this stage I'll take a shit performance and good result combo meal.

Absolutely. If we drop two points tonight it won't be a bad result.

Important to remember we are without 5 guaranteed starters tonight. At this stage I'll take a shit performance and good result combo meal.

Agree. Over the moon with a 1-0.

Think (and hope, for betting reasons) it'll stay that way.

Guest neesy111

Playing Shola upfront with Best on the wing for 3 straight games and we've had pretty much sweet FA input from them.  At least try Lovenkrands instead of Shola and put Best upfront

Guest Howaythetoon

These extremely poor performances cannot continue, this is very very worrying. Defend Pardew all you like but in the main the football this season has been as poor as any in recent years. This is unnacceptable.

Guest neesy111

These extremely poor performances cannot continue, this is very very worrying. Defend Pardew all you like but in the main the football this season has been as poor as any in recent years. This is unnacceptable.

Results are masking some shocking performances now. 

Aye it's been woeful competing against the top six, second season back in the Premier League.

Results are masking some shocking performances now.

Are they? Generally when we've been outplayed this season we've been punished for it.

The quality of our football will improve when we have our first choice central midfield and strikeforce back.

Right now we're just having it proven to us that it's hard to compete near the top when you don't have any squad depth.

Guest Dontooner

Come on hop on the Pardew wagon, we have FIVE starting 11 players not playing and are still up one nil. This is what we want to watch week in week out. The other players in the team are crap just field the starting 11 and Pardew tactics and seamless preparation will suddenly come into effect and keep us top 7. Before England comes in for Pardew like , lets sign him on a new 5 year contract , like Ferguson and Wenger he is going to take keep us top side over the long term.

Guest neesy111

Perch for HBA.  :lol:

We needed to go back to 4-4-2, Ben Arfa has been shite.

I'd take Raylor off, he's a walking sending off.

I think he's got the substitution spot on at half time.

Rather play for a 1-0 here than have Ben Arfa who loses the ball too often because of no options in front of him.

Of course, if we won't win, it'll be Pardews fault because of that sub, though.

Guest reefatoon

I think it was the right person to take off. for me Ben Aria is a luxury we don't need at the moment. we need to get back to the hard work ethic that served us so well at the start of the season. we can't be carrying people no matter how pretty the look on the ball.

It has nothing to do with his work ethic, or with carrying him.

Just the case that he doesn't have the quality options he needs up front.

Will be different with Cisse and Ba being available soon. Today, it was the right move by Pardew.

Guest Dontooner

this flat 4-4-2 cross and hoof is more like Pardew's game of footy , funny how i got slack for saying Pardew plays an unattractive and direct game. Freaking average or below average manager that is ok in defense but clueless in attacking : Tactics against Man u Hoof and cross, against Blackburn Hoof and cross against Brighton when all fails Hoof and Cross!!

"Pardew the Hoof and Cross"

I think it was the right person to take off. for me Ben Aria is a luxury we don't need at the moment. we need to get back to the hard work ethic that served us so well at the start of the season. we can't be carrying people no matter how pretty the look on the ball.

Pardew is a fool. He has this god awful formation with players all over the place. He has Ben Arfa working as hard as Jonas (fucking stupid) and who does he give a free role? Fucking Jonas who has no end product- no creativeness, passing and no off the ball movement. Joke.

Guest reefatoon

Ben Aria was the weak link tonight, games like this you need people to work and we can't be carrying luxury players. i know it hurts the Ben aria lovers but for me we work better as a team without him. You are right though, Shoal is an abomination.

Guest Dontooner

Pardew is a fool. He has this god awful formation with players all over the place. He has Ben Arfa working as hard as Jonas (f***ing stupid) and who does he give a free role? f***ing Jonas who has no end product- no creativeness, passing and no off the ball movement. Joke.

Come on he has to keep Shola on, its his team that is keeping us one nil up. Shola being dominating in the air and knocking down balls, getting fouls like Shearer normally does for us. Great vision!