Alan Pardew

JH

First 11 games: 8 goals conceded.

Last 6 games: 14 goals conceded.

:okay:

We've looked beyond vulnerable at the back since the moment Taylor pulled up against Chelsea. Manu was a valiant effort and City doesn't even count... it's the Chelsea game that has murdered us. That is the turning point as things stand.

The season isn't ruined yet but if Pardew doesn't have the nous or guts to change it and play one striker it's gonna carry on like this.

Ba has 13 goals - pretty much all of them coming with another striker on the pitch - and you want to disrupt that for what purpose?

We need a new striker to partner him, not to f*** about with stupid systems.

We don't even "need" a new striker, give Ben Arfa a proper run out for fucks sake, last time i checked he's supposed to be one of most talented players in France, no point in us in trying to sign Maiga whoever the fuck he is and not give him a chance.

You be happy with it all you like, 1 point from the last two home games is totally unacceptable. What's our form, 2 points from 18? He's thrown the good start down the toilet.

We're 3 points clear still of 8th, still only 3 adrift of 6th and have a decent gap over the rest. Granted if we don't pick up a few points in the next few games we'll be in a battle for 7th, but to say he's "thrown the good start down the toilet" is a complete disservice to what he's done this season.

The season isn't ruined yet but if Pardew doesn't have the nous or guts to change it and play one striker it's gonna carry on like this.

Ba has 13 goals - pretty much all of them coming with another striker on the pitch - and you want to disrupt that for what purpose?

We need a new striker to partner him, not to f*** about with stupid systems.

2 penalties, 1 free-kick, 1 from a corner, and 1 from a Ben Arfa assist.

5 goals nowt to do with a strike partner and I bet he's had considerably less time without a second striker.

Hang on. One of his penalties was won by Best - his strike partner.

How on earth did his 2 goals tonight not have anything to do with a strike partner? You can't possibly support that. It's obvious he does well with a partner and only a fool would attempt to second guess that. There's no reason to do so.

We've looked beyond vulnerable at the back since the moment Taylor pulled up against Chelsea. Manu was a valiant effort and City doesn't even count... it's the Chelsea game that has murdered us. That is the turning point as things stand.

Disagree. We looked vulnerable long before then, we just weren't punished due to the outstanding form of Krul, Colo and Saylor.

Nobody really instructs their players to exclusively play "long ball" (well, almost nobody. Hi Big Sam!), players just tend to naturally gravitate towards hopeful punts when the team's movement is bad and they're not getting any space to pass into. It's a natural tendency.

It's not a coincidence that we're punting it when we're playing badly and passing it short when we're playing well. It's just that the causality is in the opposite direction.

It's also not a coincidence that basically all of our managers for the past decade have been criticized for "long ball tactics" when the team is in bad form.

Pardew's weakness is his affinity for bad players and pig-headedness on certain issues (Ben Arfa on wing), long ball tactics not so much. That coupled with inopportune injuries (Taylor,) players taking a while to return to fitness (Tiote, Colo), and fatigue (Jonas) is what's wrecking our form.

Not much doubt we're on the slide at the moment.

With this form and the African Nations coming up, it's going to be a crap couple of months unless he sort things out quickly.

He needs to make a start by fronting up for today and learning from it.

Disagree. We looked vulnerable long before then, we just weren't punished due to the outstanding form of Krul, Colo and Saylor.

:lol: You mean our defense, then?

No, our defence is a back five.

No, our defence is a back five.

Simpson and Raylor played their part, too. :thup:

Although i'd been hoping to see better full-backs enter the side, i hadn't been as confident about our defense for a long, long time until Taylor's injury. It's looked a broken, wounded corpse since Taylor's injury.

Only on N-O could somebody find reason to mess with a system up top that includes the league's 3rd top goalscorer. :lol:

Only a fool would put that down to Best or Ameobi being up there with him. :lol:

Ba is top-class and would score goals on his own imo, stick HBA off him and I don't think he'd score fewer, and Best's hardly setting the goal charts alight this season.

Another poor showing from Pardew.

Playing such a high defensive line was never going to go well really especially with Long and Odemwingie running at you. The direct approach with the persistent hoof-balls were annoying as fuck. There was absolutely no need for that.

Pardew still has my support like. I'm confident he can turn it around.

Only on N-O could somebody find reason to mess with a system up top that includes the league's 3rd top goalscorer. :lol:

Only a fool would put that down to Best or Ameobi being up there with him. :lol:

Ba is top-class and would score goals on his own imo, stick HBA off him and I don't think he'd score fewer, and Best's hardly setting the goal charts alight this season.

I'm putting it down to him playing better with a partner, as 99% of goalscorers do.

He's scoring loads of goals and we need a better partner for him who can contribute some of his own - that isn't and never will be Ben Arfa. End of story.

Yup.

He's scoring them HIMSELF YOU IDIOT.

I'm an idiot for wanting to stick with something that works?