Alan Pardew

JH

Excellent system yet again - we've used 3 different systems in the run of 6 straight wins.  The 4-4-2 wasn't great, but the 4-3-3 and today's 4-2-1-3 are both brilliant.  Pardew's talked a lot about the flexibility he has to deploy the front 6 in different ways, and we are seeing it pay dividends now.  It must be very difficult for opposing managers to figure out how we're going to play - even if we use a 4-3-3, there's so much movement and fluidity, it can change shape very quickly. 

We've bought not only gifted players, but intelligent players who can adapt.  And Pardew's allowing them that flexibility now, when we need to see it the most. 

The fact we're playing with such a small squad and we're actually playing our best, most fluid football in April when the pressure and fatigue should be hitting us hardest shows the quality of his management this season.

Just watched his interview on NUFC TV. Says the same as on radio Newcastle - get yourselves into Wigan's ground and make it into a home game. 'By hook or by crook' - it is possible to get in!

The tickets went quicker than I had expected so I'm going down without one.

Aye, me too. Admittedly it's only 20 minutes from my house.

So also our 14th Clean sheet yesterday, as pointed out the other day equalling our best result ever in the prem in a 38 game season under Sir Bobby  :clap:

Lot of plaudits rightly going to our attacking play atm, but you consider we could've had 6 in a row now if not for that Krul/Williamson mix up vs Wbrom. Phenomenal stuff. Its not just going forwards we've hit this form.

Hes made us incredibly hard to beat all season, a clear theme has been that if we score twice in a game we'll nearly always win bar pens/luck. Thats what managed to rack up the points, perhaps not always enthralling to watch but very efficient if you have someone who can do the business upfront like Ba had been.

Hes now brought Ben Arfa in, used some imagination with formations & created a whole new attacking dimension now added onto our understanding & solidity at the back & the combination of the two is outstanding.

I predicted we'd win 7 from our last 10 before Norwich due to this (smug as about this btw  :lol:) and theyre surpassing even that atm. Had pool as a draw. The way its come together & its falling for other teams...who knows what we can do.

Sir Bobby would be proud. Love this team.

Well in Pards !!

Guest Howaythetoon

And my bairn's winning streak since he was born... Played 6 and won them arl.

Oh look at me, I've never seen the Toon lose...pathetic.

:lol:

Good record though.

Good record though.

HTT, you changed your mind about Pardew?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Good record though.

HTT, you changed your mind about Pardew?

Cue, 6 page assault on how Pardew is now playing the way he (HTT) would have done all season and it is in spite of AP that we are where we are

;)

He reminds me a bit of that other smoothie George Graham - a real pragmatist who was focused on winning first, and the pretty stuff second. Pardew has established a solid base of sound defending, team discipline and stopping the opposition, and from that point it looks like we can now start to play a bit.

Like GG, his conservatism can be frustrating, but overall results have proven him right. And you feel the best is yet to come.