Alan Pardew

JH

I don't understand the references to Hughton in some of these posts. We supposedly fucked Hughton off and brought Pardew in to be BETTER. Doing the same as or worse than Hughton isn't fucking good enough. This cunt needs to win us over because nobody wanted him.

People are relating to Hughton to some of his better results in the thread i.e. Everton and Arsenal away but completely forget we had some shocking performances at Bolton and West Brom.  Any1 saying Hughton would of done better is being completely prejudice.

wrong. hughton would have played his best team, i.e. williamson instead of taylor and barton on the right. you lot that are already making excuses for pardew are going to look pretty fucking stupid doing it every week.

I don't understand the references to Hughton in some of these posts. We supposedly fucked Hughton off and brought Pardew in to be BETTER. Doing the same as or worse than Hughton isn't fucking good enough. This cunt needs to win us over because nobody wanted him.

People are relating to Hughton to some of his better results in the thread i.e. Everton and Arsenal away but completely forget we had some shocking performances at Bolton and West Brom.  Any1 saying Hughton would of done better is being completely prejudice.

wrong. hughton would have played his best team, i.e. williamson instead of taylor and barton on the right. you lot that are already making excuses for pardew are going to look pretty fucking stupid doing it every week.

Whereas you think a new manager should come in and do exactly the same as what got his predecessor sacked.

People are relating to Hughton to some of his better results in the thread i.e. Everton and Arsenal away but completely forget we had some shocking performances at Bolton and West Brom. Any1 saying Hughton would of done better is being completely prejudice.

Whereas you think a new manager should come in and do exactly the same as what got his predecessor sacked.

Debatable.

I don't understand the references to Hughton in some of these posts. We supposedly f***ed Hughton off and brought Pardew in to be BETTER. Doing the same as or worse than Hughton isn't f***ing good enough. This c*** needs to win us over because nobody wanted him.

wrong. hughton would have played his best team, i.e. williamson instead of taylor and barton on the right. you lot that are already making excuses for pardew are going to look pretty f***ing stupid doing it every week.

wouldn't be so sure, i reckon he'd have played the team pardew did because of nolan being out and ameobi.

it's the way i see it though. i don't think we have a stand out centre half at the club, we have 3 competently average premier league centre halves who each have their faults.

It doesn't matter how good an individual is if the defence doesn't perform with them in it.  I've said myself that Taylor isn't as bad as some people say, having said that.  He doesn't fit into the defence as well as Williamson does, or at least hasn't so far.  He's been here since the dawn of time and has never looked part of a comfortable defence.  Until Coloccini and Williamson were suspended our defence looked functional and played as a unit.

it's the way i see it though. i don't think we have a stand out centre half at the club, we have 3 competently average premier league centre halves who each have their faults.

It doesn't matter how good an individual is if the defence doesn't perform with them in it.  I've said myself that Taylor isn't as bad as some people say, having said that.  He doesn't fit into the defence as well as Williamson does, or at least hasn't so far.  He's been here since the dawn of time and has never looked part of a comfortable defence.  Until Coloccini and Williamson were suspended our defence looked functional and played as a unit.

hasn't so far ?

we've played as well defensivly since taylor came in than we have for quite a bit of the season.

Yeah, that is it for me. The defence never really  looks that composed with Taylor in it to me. Colo and Will seem to be able to read the game well together and that seems to spread to the rest of the back four.

hasn't so far ?

we've played aswell defensivly since taylor came in than we have for quite a bit of the season.

Coloccini and Williamson both have weaknesses but they complement each other, Taylor thinks he is the defence and I don’t feel comfortable with him.

that's either spectacularly naive or stupid. are you seriously going to argue that hughton was sacked for footballing reasons?

hasn't so far ?

we've played aswell defensivly since taylor came in than we have for quite a bit of the season.

Coloccini and Williamson both have weaknesses but they complement each other, Taylor thinks he is the defence and I don’t feel comfortable with him.

but that isn't saying we've played worse defensivly since taylor came in. i feel as comfortable with him as i do the other two. very little if anything to choose between the three.

but that isn't saying we've played worse defensivly since taylor came in. i feel as comfortable with him as i do the other two. very little if anything to choose between the three.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, I disagree.

I suspect, like maddy, there's not much in it, tbh. Sometimes, I think we look worse/more ragged with Taylor simply because of his 'whole-hearted' approach. He and Williamson are probably equally average but Taylor is more flamboyantly average.

The thing that works in the Willicini combo's favour is they've played a good few games together and looked settled.

I suspect, like maddy, there's not much in it, tbh. Sometimes, I think we look worse/more ragged with Taylor simply because of his 'whole-hearted' approach. He and Williamson are probably equally average but Taylor is more flamboyantly average.

The thing that works in the Willicini combo's favour is they've played a good few games together and looked settled.

Taylor is too rash and the defence doesn't hold its position because he's erratic.  He doesn't even do the basics like looking along the line so see where the others are and the off-side which was working well seems to now be history.  People mentioned that our defence played a high line earlier in the season but it was effective because we regularly stepped out to play the off-side.  Taylor seems to be in la-la land as far as his fellow defenders go.

Taylor is too rash and the defence doesn't hold its position because he's erratic.  He doesn't even to the basics like looking along the line so see where the others are and the off-side which was working well seems to now be history.  People mentioned that our defence played a high line earlier in the season but it was effective because we regularly stepped out to play the off-side.  Taylor seems to be in la-la land as far as his fellow defenders go.

How many offsides did Tottenham have yesterday? A lot anyway. I would say the line was really good.

Taylor is too rash and the defence doesn't hold its position because he's erratic.  He doesn't even do the basics like looking along the line so see where the others are and the off-side which was working well seems to now be history.  People mentioned that our defence played a high line earlier in the season but it was effective because we regularly stepped out to play the off-side.  Taylor seems to be in la-la land as far as his fellow defenders go.

This is my view as well. Taylor is ok in a Hollywood sense, but there doesn't seem to be much understanding with his partners in my opinion. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong but beyond the pointing and arm waving, Taylor quite often looks rash and not the best at man marking for me.

How many offsides did Tottenham have yesterday? A lot anyway. I would say the line was really good.

Spurs were offside 5 times which is the same as when we played Fulham, Spurs attacked a lot more than Fulham and had roughly 10% more posession so you would expect them to be in our half more.  I can't find anything for the Man City game, Liverpool were offside 3 times when we beat them.

Flamboyantly average?

I don't think individually there's much if anything between Taylor and Williamson. I just think the latter works better with Coloccini. :dontknow:

I think both worked equally well with Colo last season. I do think we conceded less goals in the first half of the season, though. :undecided: