Alan Pardew

JH

What's with this ridiculous wumming, Stu? 'Cause that's the only reason I can give for this, as I can't believe someone can't understand why people are pissed off that Alan fucking Pardew is coming to take over!?

:facepalm: try and read what I actually write, not what Dave would insinuate I was trying to get at :thup: are you PHYSICALLY SICK AT THE THOUGHT OF PARDEW?! IS YOUR HAIR BEING PULLED OUT BY THE PROSPECT OF SLEAZY ALAN?!

After the Souness and Kinnear debacle, Pardew would have to be the managerial equivalent of Foluwashola (not the player) to go any lower.

its all just a smokescreen. they've had pardew lined up for weeks, got a contract waiting to be signed - all this interview nonsense is bullshit. they're just waiting 48hrs or so to announce it to make it look as if they're considering all the options.

Brian McNally on Twitter

"Hearing from an impeccable source Newcastle will meet their first choice candidate tomorrow and expect a decision inside 48 hours"

Are they playing games because if it is Pardew why would it take so long?

Tiny hope it might be someone we haven't thought of. [/strawgrasper]

Oh, give over :lol: I don't particularly care for his appointment and sacking Hughton was never on my radar during the cold, miserable walk out of The Hawthorns but this OTT-vitriol comes across as yet another example of deluded/clueless/ignorant/demanding/insert generic media stereotype Newcastle fans thinking "they deserve better".

Would you like to explain exactly what you meant by this then?

:lol: aye, it's quite simple. He's claiming to feel "physically sick" at the idea of someone else becoming NUFC manager before they've even been appointed, it's way, way over the top a reaction. Another episode of melodramatics for the viewing SSN audiences.

Some ridiculous responses coming from the usual suspects.

Howay man, everyone's entitled to use a bit of hyperbole to express their feelings.

Obviously nobody's going to actually feel "physically sick" but you know exactly what he's getting at. How this somehow portrays the "delusional" Newcastle fan is beyond me.

Guest Chubby Jason

What's with this ridiculous wumming, Stu? 'Cause that's the only reason I can give for this, as I can't believe someone can't understand why people are pissed off that Alan f***ing Pardew is coming to take over!?

:facepalm: try and read what I actually write, not what Dave would insinuate I was trying to get at :thup: are you PHYSICALLY SICK AT THE THOUGHT OF PARDEW?! IS YOUR HAIR BEING PULLED OUT BY THE PROSPECT OF SLEAZY ALAN?!

After the Souness and Kinnear debacle, Pardew would have to be the managerial equivalent of Foluwashola (not the player) to go any lower.

The thought of the owner of our club thinking it was correct to sack Hughton when we are 11th in the table and appoint an idiot like Pardew who was sacked from a League 1 club, it might not make me feel sick, but it disgusts me as a football fan.

Pardew is apparently a mate and therefore pliable. It's the only possible reason he's in the frame. Psychologically Ashley and Llambias would have felt totally isolated and unappreciated by the bond between manager, players and fans, and now want to re-establish their influence. Got nothing to do with football of course. Hope to Christ it's Jol, though. Pardew is already dead in the water.

Oh, give over :lol: I don't particularly care for his appointment and sacking Hughton was never on my radar during the cold, miserable walk out of The Hawthorns but this OTT-vitriol comes across as yet another example of deluded/clueless/ignorant/demanding/insert generic media stereotype Newcastle fans thinking "they deserve better".

Would you like to explain exactly what you meant by this then?

Presumably that we think we deserve better than to have our good manager sacked and replaced with a shit one. Geordie mugs.

:mystery:

Try re-reading again Wullie, you can even go back a page or two and put the quote into context (as Foluwashola kindly took out Towelie's comment) :thup:

Not once have I said that I'd be happy with Pardew, quite the opposite, you probably didn't spot it though as I didn't feel the need to dress my comment up in ridiculous hyperbole about how much I hate/despise/loathe a man I've never really encountered before, bar a brief cup run in 2006 or 2007 (??).

What's with this ridiculous wumming, Stu? 'Cause that's the only reason I can give for this, as I can't believe someone can't understand why people are pissed off that Alan fucking Pardew is coming to take over!?

If you're surprised at emotive language being used by football fans, and particularly in this situation, you've spent your football watching career living under a large rock.  I can imagine you shouting a the telly when Wayne Rooney says he was sick as a parrot for missing a shot or Holloway was devestated at a last minute equaliser "You're not devestated you're just pretty annoyed!  Silly football fans, you're not 'gutted" at being relegated, it's not like someone's actually RIPPED OUT THEIR INSIDES, they're just upset!""

"Wow, he hit that like someone hitting a ball really hard!  Not like a rocket of course, they travel at upwards of 17000 miles per hour, wasn't that fast lulz."

Hoddle is a fucking idiot. He'll be rubbing Ben Arfa's leg claiming he is channeling God's power to heal him quicker. If you think that's ott, read Rohan Ricketts blog on "How a manager loses the dressing room."

Why Alan Pardew? Can anyone bulletpoint some reasons why on earth Ashley could think this man is the right man for "taking the club forward"?

• He has 10 years manager experience.
  • He took West Ham to the FA Cup final in 2006.
  • He did ok with Southampton when times were hard for them, before being sacked.

Other than that, I can see no reason why this man would be the right person for Newcastle United.  I can only presume that Ashley has a personal arrangement with him to do what he tells him to do, and if that means selling any player or only spending a very low budget without argueing for more, that Pardew has agreed to do it.  The funny thing is that Pardew has a history of eventually performing badly with clubs and getting sacked/quitting, and the Southampton one involved a bust up with the chairman.  Doesn't even sound like a man that would do what Ashley would tell him to do.

It's fucking bonkers really.

• He did ok with Southampton when times were hard for them, before being sacked.

What a fucking amazing resumé. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Wasn't an achievement really, definitely underperformed relative to budget and expectations.

Pardew or Curbishley?

If we're getting one of them I'd rather it was Curbs, who at least had some success at Charlton (look what happened to them when he left and erm... Pardew! took over). Pardew's either failed or shagged his way out of every job he's had.

Guest Chubby Jason

SunSteveBrenner

Interesting Alan Pardew fact # 34. After leading West Ham to the FA Cup final, he bought a Ferrari

If you're surprised at emotive language being used by football fans, and particularly in this situation, you've spent your football watching career living under a large rock.  I can imagine you shouting a the telly when Wayne Rooney says he was sick as a parrot for missing a shot or Holloway was devestated at a last minute equaliser "You're not devestated you're just pretty annoyed!  Silly football fans, you're not 'gutted" at being relegated, it's not like someone's actually RIPPED OUT THEIR INSIDES, they're just upset!""

"Wow, he hit that like someone hitting a ball really hard!  Not like a rocket of course, they travel at upwards of 17000 miles per hour an hour, wasn't that fast lulz."

:lol: pretty much :lol:

I know!  :lol:  it's fucking disgraceful.

Wasn't an achievement really, definitely underperformed relative to budget and expectations.

Trust me, I know I'm scraping the barrell with that one.  He had win percentage of something like 53% while there, I know he spent big on the two strikers they had for League One.  Just trying to understand how the hell you justify Pardew as the right man!

:lol: More and more examples of the pointlessness of Twitter.

Yeah, Curbs over Pardew. Still wouldn't be happy that we've got rid of Hughton to do so. But wouldn't be as devastating.

Its like damage limitation though - when its totally self inflicted - mental