Alan Pardew

JH

Blatantly obvious to anyone with a f***ing brain that Carroll was a goner from the moment he took the job. Ashley is on record as saying his plan is to build players up then sell them high and Hughton decided he wasn't prepared to be complicit with this so he had to go.

How naive do you lot have to be before you realise what a liar the man is? Did the fact that he claims no contact with NUFC before our manager's dismissal not ring any bells when every person on this board knew he'd been scheming and wanting us to lose for over a month beforehand? He's a liar hired by proven liars and still people believe every word. Do any of you want to buy dinosaur insurance? Just seen a T Rex in Byker.

:clap

Someone else that sees it as it really is. Sorry to sound so negative and I know maybe a little paranoid, but this regime is rotten to the core and Pardew is in the shit pit with the rest of em up to his neck.

A cunt amongst cunts. He and all of em are a disease.

Whatever they are, we are doing pretty well this season, with pretty much all players signed under their regime.

I see that the theory that Pardew was appointed because he is an easier man for Ashley to manipulate than Hughton is still doing the rounds. This is the same Hughton who was himself widely branded as a yes man and a puppet following Ashley's refusal to give the job to Shearer. I have to say I have a real problem seeing Hughton as some sort of iron man who would have somehow single handed prevented Carroll, Ashley and Liverpool FC from pulling off that deal yesterday. It's nonsense imo.

I see that the theory that Pardew was appointed because he is an easier man for Ashley to manipulate than Hughton is still doing the rounds. This is the same Hughton who was himself widely branded as a yes man and a puppet following Ashley's refusal to give the job to Shearer. I have to say I have a real problem seeing Hughton as some sort of iron man who would have somehow single handed prevented Carroll, Ashley and Liverpool FC from pulling off that deal yesterday. It's nonsense imo.

Word.

Time will tell. Just saying it as I see it.

I believe he is not your normal managerial appointment, he is their puppet, placed there by them for a very specific purpose.  The cunt has the safest job in  football.

For the record I reckon Hughton may have walked if this had happened under him. I find some of your faith in this regime staggering.

Oh and we aren't safe either. Lets see how fast the tumble down the table starts. Of course being optimistic, Shola, Best, Ranger or Loven will get us the goals we need to secure the points we still need.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

None of us know right now to what degree Pardew is telling the truth, but for the sake of the team, you have to admire his stoicism and his focus on the football.  That's what the players need right now. 

We've had two games in a row where we've dropped points right at the death and as a manager, his focus should be on that and on getting the football in order, which it seems he is committed to doing.

not easier to manipulate - told what to do and what not to do from day one, even before day one

hughton came from modest background, by all accounts took the job on without asking for the MONEY for re-investment that shearer was but developed into someone with quite a lot of power in the club because of his achievements. power that would manifest itself in, i dont know, having a say in how the club is run? something its been proven in court ashley and llambias dont like putting in the hands of the manager.

i dont see hughton as an iron man, i see him as not alan pardew. and i see alan pardew as a man put in a job for a very specific reason, and that is so ashley can do what he wants, when he wants without getting landed with another court case. unless you think he was appointed because of his experience and achievements? or would care to explain why pardew was being lined up for months while hughton was still here?

Genuine question:

If it was always the plan to sell Carroll, why didn't we have replacement lined up?

Because it probably wasnt planned in this window? I don't think the plan was to actively look to sell him, I just think Ashleys head was turned by the transfer fee being offered, but he knew he couldn't accept like that or he would be lynched, but he now has an excuse/reason (call it what you want), with Carroll expecting improved terms, so thats allowed him to go ahead with it.

I understand the argument where poeple are suggesting that it would be daft to give him a massive contract with our new wage structure and the effect it might have with negotiating with other players, but at the same time I think this should have been one exception. This is Englands new number 9 for the next 10 years. He was probably gonna score 20 goals a season for us for the next 20 years. Surely the rest of the squad could have accepted that we had a player here who is a one off and he is on another level to most of them.

I Hate to say it but he was very Composed in the interview I just saw.

I hate to say it but I think he is growing on me.

Why do you "hate to say" that you're beginning to find our new manager likeable? Surely that's a good thing?

all I can hear is Kinnears voice coming out of his mouth, another puppet

Nothing like Kinnear in the slightest. I think the guy knows what he's doing for a start. Can you imagine Kinnear having £xx millions to spend?

not easier to manipulate - told what to do and what not to do from day one, even before day one

hughton came from modest background, by all accounts took the job on without asking for the MONEY for re-investment that shearer was but developed into someone with quite a lot of power in the club because of his achievements. power that would manifest itself in, i dont know, having a say in how the club is run? something its been proven in court ashley and llambias dont like putting in the hands of the manager.

i dont see hughton as an iron man, i see him as not alan pardew. and i see alan pardew as a man put in a job for a very specific reason, and that is so ashley can do what he wants, when he wants without getting landed with another court case. unless you think he was appointed because of his experience and achievements? or would care to explain why pardew was being lined up for months while hughton was still here?

I find the first line of your post to be contradictory. Surely you are defining manipulation?

The circumstances as to how Pardew got the job are not relevant to me. This is football, it's a sh1tty industry and can be brutal at times. We aren't the only club to have shafted a manager and Ashley's regime isn't the only one to have done it at Newcastle. I've said before on here why I think Pardew was appointed. It was because Ashley thinks Pardew will do a better job at this level than Hughton. Many said it was a crap decision at the time (me included) but I would say that Pardew's support is growing.

You clearly believe that Carroll was sold against his will and well - I don't.

I like the bloke and you can see how much he is putting intot he job at the moment. There has been a definite improvement and i expect this to get better. I have no idea how good he is in the transfer market and this ultimately will lead to the results that will get him the sack or not. We apparently have 5 more years of him, so give him a chance.

No way he should be getting blamed for this

I like the bloke and you can see how much he is putting intot he job at the moment. There has been a definite improvement and i expect this to get better. I have no idea how good he is in the transfer market and this ultimately will lead to the results that will get him the sack or not. We apparently have 5 more years of him, so give him a chance.

No way he should be getting blamed for this

This.

I think we can safely assume Chris' group of lads are no more.

Whats that supposed to mean

what it says, the team that was built on a great spirit has now been dismantled by the sale of the star player. The next 5 months will be a hell of a struggle and without the focal point of the team there will be a lot of dispirited characters.