Alan Pardew

JH

:lol: More and more examples of the pointlessness of Twitter.

Yeah, Curbs over Pardew. Still wouldn't be happy that we've got rid of Hughton to do so. But wouldn't be as devastating.

This is probably the crux of the issue here (for me), the decision to remove Hughton was made by the 'board' (Cockney Mafia) and as far as anyone on here knows (GolfMag included O0) was not done by Alan Pardew.

I understand and empathise with people being upset about Hughton being canned, but the people behind that decision are not called Alan Pardew.

Pardew, if he does end up being appointed, looks increasingly likely to be carrying the anger of Ashley's/Llambias' decision-making. I don't necessarily rate him (for the record, I don't really have a view one way or the other, he's a bit of an unknown), I just think he's coming in for a lot of unfair abuse in this thread.

Is this WUM-tastic enough Davros? :lol: :rolleyes:

I think most of the anger will be directed at Ashley tbh. We all knew Hughton wasn't a world class manager but we liked him and trusted him to do the best he could in a difficult situation - and so did the players. He'd got stuck in when the club most needed it and he earned a lot of credit for that. 

For West Ham fans Pardew divides opinion sharply. Some speak highly of him and they liked the football the club played under him, others can't stand him. The majority view amongst our fan base is that Pardew is at best an underwhelming appointment and it seems beyond any sort of logic that its worth driving a lorry through the club's stability to replace Hughton with him. Pardew will need to get some results but if he delivers there won't be too much venom going his way imo. However the mistrust in Ashley and lack of faith in his decision making has probably just doubled, if that were possible.

All NE journalists seem to think its going to be Pardew.  :dowie:

What the f***!!!!  Ashley must be one of the thickest f***ing men in Britain

clearly it isnt him then. NE journo's know nowt

"Regrettably the board now feels that an individual with more managerial experience is needed to take the club forward."

"The big reason cited behind the scenes is that they want a boss who can attract the Sky cameras to St James’ more often, at almost £500,00 per televised match.

While Hughton’s measured exterior was just what the club needed to calm the chaos of the relegation season, Ashley and his cohorts reckon that more spark is needed to sell the club now they are surrounded by the glitz and worldwide profile of the Premier League."

www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/

So Alan Pardew it has to be then. Still the financially catastrophic 2nd relegation and who knows how long of being shit will all be worth it for that extra £0.5m in tv money

"Regrettably the board now feels that an individual with more managerial experience is needed to take the club forward."

"The big reason cited behind the scenes is that they want a boss who can attract the Sky cameras to St James’ more often, at almost £500,00 per televised match.

While Hughton’s measured exterior was just what the club needed to calm the chaos of the relegation season, Ashley and his cohorts reckon that more spark is needed to sell the club now they are surrounded by the glitz and worldwide profile of the Premier League."

So Alan Pardew it has to be then. Still the financially catastrophic 2nd relegation and who knows how long of being shit will all be worth it for that extra £0.5m in tv money

This game thing is massive bollocks. In reality people were starting to respect the club again and had time for Hughton and how he's gone about his business meaning neutrals would actually rather see us do well.

Though now with him gone and us being evil again means more people will want to see us crash and burn so we should get a few more games on sky due to this so Ashley suppose plan may still yet work.

We've been on TV 9 times already in just 16 games haven't we?? Also how in the fuck will Alan Pardew draw the Sky cameras  :dowie:

I don't know if you're joking or not quayside but I see a lot of people who seem to hate Simon Bird.  He was called a cunt by Joe Kinnear after Bird wrote an article slagging off Kinnear, something most of use would've probably done in the same situation.  Bird is generally pro-Newcastle - he travels to games with Caulkin all the time, just writes for a shitter paper.

By my reckoning:

Man Utd (a) - SKY

Aston Villa (h) - ESPN

Accrington CCC (a) - SKY

Wolves (a)

Blackpool (h)

Everton (a)

Chelsea CCC (a)

Stoke (h) - SKY

Man City (a) - ESPN

Wigan (h)

West Ham (a) - SKY

Arsenal CCC (h) - SKY

Sunderland (h) - SKY

Arsenal (a) - SKY

Blackburn (h)

Fulham (h)

Bolton (a)

Chelsea (h) - SKY

West Brom (a) - SKY

Liverpool (h) - ESPN

Total games 20

SKY 9

ESPN 3

12/20 games televised. Not enough, apparently. :lol:

I don't know if you're joking or not quayside but I see a lot of people who seem to hate Simon Bird.  He was called a c*** by Joe Kinnear after Bird wrote an article slagging off Kinnear, something most of use would've probably done in the same situation.  Bird is generally pro-Newcastle - he travels to games with Caulkin all the time, just writes for a shitter paper.

The second sentence wasnt overly serious but the first one was.

Imagine if they appointed him and give him a fair kitty to spend in January. I think it'd piss me off even more, Hughton would have us top 7 with an acceptable transfer budget over the summer. Instead he had to basically beg to get Ben Arfa for nowt and probably get on his hands on knees for the money to bring in our best signing in years.

Guest Heneage

Underwhelmed by the appointment tbh. He'll get a fair chance with me, but I don't see what's different from Southampton apart from an easier job there.

Guest Heneage

Natural Journo, jumping the gun making it up as he goes along.

:lol:

Tbh I think it's a matter of time before he's appointed. Would love to be wrong, first time for everything.