Alan Pardew

JH

Guest BooBoo

Eight good performances, tops. Really stuggled in the Prem imo.

Serie A - Premiership is a big ask for a lot of players.

He got a lot of slack for the winner against the mackems yet more often than not, he flattered to deceive.

He was great against Reading at home, there were a few other good performances as well.

Tbh, he's hardly shone in Turkey from what I've heard from a pal. Parker, however.

Not sure you can say that on here....

Emre was all fart and no s****.

Clearly talented but seldom showed it. His goal against the mackems was his own personal get out of jail free card.

That's fair enough, as Colocho said his performance against Reading was also class, and he did alright for some other games under Roeder when he played a holding role. But he was too often injured and/or went missing.

As with Viana he wasn't completely suited to PL football, but he had a fair few good games under Souness and Roeder.

In this country I think fans expect midfielders to score lots, create lots or win lots. Playmakers often fall under the radar for that reason, despite often doing good work.

As with Viana he wasn't completely suited to PL football, but he had a fair few good games under Souness and Roeder.

In this country I think fans expect midfielders to score lots, create lots or win lots. Playmakers often fall under the radar for that reason, despite often doing good work.

very good point although with the 3 man midfield now being the norm this may well change.

Good comparison with Viana. :thup:

I'm a bit old fashioned in as much as I'd like to see our CM's grab hold of the game by the scruff of the neck and dictate things in there. Control the middle of the park and let the strikers and wingers do the damage.

Don't recall Emre doing this more than a few times in his time here. 

Guest BooBoo

The comparison between Viana and Emre is sound in terms of probably not being suited to the fast paced English game. Unlike Hugo, Emre did get a fair crack in his preferred position.

I think he was one of the few in the dressing room who backed Souness and seemed to lose heart when he was sacked.

There was a great player in Emre, no doubt about it imo. As has been said though, and it's obvious, he didn't show it nearly enough.

Not sure what i was confused about earlier on though. The initial statement i made was that the defense was poor in Roeder's initial spell as manager, and the season after too. It was ridiculous that we didn't even signed a left-back, whilst wasting money on the likes of Duff.

There was a great player in Emre, no doubt about it imo. As has been said though, and it's obvious, he didn't show it nearly enough.

Not sure what i was confused about earlier on though. The initial statement i made was that the defense was poor in Roeder's initial spell as manager, and the season after too. It was ridiculous that we didn't even signed a left-back, whilst wasting money on the likes of Duff.

we had babayaro at left back and he played 28 games the previous season. duff could play either side, n'zogbia could play midfield and left back. the duff move wasn't as bad at the time as it looks now.

“I hear one or two things that Jose, Joey and Kev are not committed because of their contracts, and that’s absolute rubbish.

“Joey’s banging on my door about what he has to do to make Saturday, and he’ll definitely play.

“Kev’s given 100 per cent for me every game he’s played. He leads by example in training.

“I think it’s important for Newcastle fans to understand that, and not the negative voices who put stuff on the internet which is absolute rubbish.”

I don't know why he's even acknowledging this kind of thing, let alone where he's read it.

“I hear one or two things that Jose, Joey and Kev are not committed because of their contracts, and that’s absolute rubbish.

“Joey’s banging on my door about what he has to do to make Saturday, and he’ll definitely play.

“Kev’s given 100 per cent for me every game he’s played. He leads by example in training.

“I think it’s important for Newcastle fans to understand that, and not the negative voices who put stuff on the internet which is absolute rubbish.”

I don't know why he's even acknowledging this kind of thing, let alone where he's read it.

He's first with the rumours because he gets to hear them before the PR department leak them to the press.

:fishing: