Alan Pardew

JH

It was good to see him giving the kids game time when he could have been tempted to bring Kuqi and Smith on.  All 4 kids have a future here, Smith and Kuqi shouldn't.

True, it's easy to think that he was forced into using the kids, which he was to an extent, but he could have found other ways to avoid playing Fergie et al.

Really didn't like the bloke when he was diets appointed but, fair play, I think he's done really really well. Also appreciate the fight and determination he's instilled/maintained among the players. Well done Uncle Alan.

Liking his positive approach to games. He's often emphasising taking the game to the other team and putting them under pressure. Seems to be working for the most part.

Guest Howaythetoon

I liked what he said pre-match against Man Utd at home. "We should be looking to beat every team at home, and will be looking to beat Man Utd tonight" I like that kind of positivity.

I also liked what I heard today during the match. Pardew could clearly be heard shouting instructions and praise at his players.

Like: "Stay there Shola, that's it, well done, fantastic"

"Great run that Jonas, great effort, well done mate"

"Jose that was great"

"Joey, Joey, that's it, that's what we need, keep going"

I love all that kind of positivity. Anyone remember Souness and Allardyce dishing out abuse and criticism from the touchline. Hate that in a manager.

Pardew got everything right today and tactically out smarted Ancelotti I thought.

I'm also enjoying how we try to pinch the ball back these days, a tactic long forgotten.

He seems to be a players man judging by his intsructions and praise from the touchline.

Since he took over I'm finally now starting to see some positive signs which can only be down to training, tactics and the manager's own personal stamp. I'm talking about our pressing play, our pinching the ball play, our aggression and our positivity.

Pardew as our manager still concerns me mind but he deserves credit where its due.

I won't talk about the negatives after a fine performance and results.

Today was the first time i've heard the fans singing to him, 'Pardew give us a wave, pardew pardew give us a wave'.

Yeah, that was class.

Also followed up with "Carlo, give us a wave"... which he didn't respond to the bastard.

I'm curious to see what sort of stamp he will put on the team new player wise, first real window to shape the team properly with his own ideas (jan is never a good window to do that sort of thing).

Done a fairly good job since he took over and even the outside chance of a top half finish considering Sholas our best striker since christmas is impressive, seems a good guy too.

Biggest summer of his managerial career to date i reckon. Providing the owners are gonna play fair, obviously, Pardew's got every right to go down as a very successful Newcastle manager.

He's managed to shrug off his initial task of softening the blow of Hughton's loss. He's gained fans and got the team playing, at the very least, on par. So he's essentially got a blank slate now.

Absolutely no excuses this summer.

I liked what he said pre-match against Man Utd at home. "We should be looking to beat every team at home, and will be looking to beat Man Utd tonight" I like that kind of positivity.

I also liked what I heard today during the match. Pardew could clearly be heard shouting instructions and praise at his players.

"Jose that was great"

I love all that kind of positivity. Anyone remember Souness and Allardyce dishing out abuse and criticism from the touchline. Hate that in a manager.

Pardew got everything right today and tactically out smarted Ancelotti I thought.

I'm also enjoying how we try to pinch the ball back these days, a tactic long forgotten.

He seems to be a players man judging by his intsructions and praise from the touchline.

Since he took over I'm finally now starting to see some positive signs which can only be down to training, tactics and the manager's own personal stamp. I'm talking about our pressing play, our pinching the ball play, our aggression and our positivity.

Pardew as our manager still concerns me mind but he deserves credit where its due.

Pinching the ball play??

"Jose that was great"

I'm in agreement with this. My biggest concern though is how well he'll do in the transfer market this summer. Always a big test for any manager.

“Newcastle is a big, big club,” he said. “We want to attract one or two big players and bring on one or two young players.

“Those are the advances you need if you want to be successful.”

Like most, I'm also very optimistic about next season.

He's shown that he has it tactically, he's very media savvy and says all of the right things, like today:

'We go out trying to win every game, it might mean that we let the opposition have more possession than us, but we definitely have a plan to win the game'.

Also it's promising that he wants to sign fast players in the summer, as our team lacks a fair bit of pace.

God I hope we don't just sign one player this summer. :lol:

Hard to fault much he's done to this point, the summer is massive for him though obviously.

Cook Pass Pardew for now though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If he's as good as Hughton in the transfer market, and all of that 35 million is spent, We're in for a great season next time out

We'll end up signing 35 players from the Championship at £1m each!  :lol:

Guest Antec

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/05/16/pardew-urges-mike-ashley-to-splash-the-cash-61634-28699654/

From the comments, very poor wind-uppery :lol:

'yesterday showed we do not neeed to splash the cash ! Ryan Taylor showed we never missed Tiote or Nolan,Ferguson showed immense quality....Do not splash the cash Ash,invest in the youth for the longer term !!

Give the youth a chance !!!'

Newcastle is a big, big club, he said. We want to attract one or two big players and bring on one or two young players.

Those are the advances you need if you want to be successful.

Not too happy with that statment. One or two big players my ass! We need at least 3 first team players and a couple more for the squad