Alan Pardew

JH

This is the most Kneejerktastic thread I have ever seen.  it's all media speculation based on the odds bookies put out.

Which came first: the media speculation or the bookies odds?

madras you couldn't be more wrong and have seemingly underestimated the influence of the manager

or i've correctly remembered the start of last season. the players played for him because they liked him, i also still remember nolan calling for a sub for tactical reasons and it was done minutes later.

You haven't correctly remembered the start of the season at all and as I said, completely underestimated the influence of the manager in football.  You've trotted out the same cliches that the Hughton haters used.  Claiming we had the best squad in the division blah blah blah.  Football isn't won on paper and most fans appreciate this.

i said at the time we had the strongets squad, backed it at the bookies and won handsomely.

football isn't won on paper, what does this mean ? surely you look at othet teams an assess them accordingly.

You don't know what 'football isn't won on paper' means?

Regardless of whether we had the best squad, Hughton still had to manage us out of the division and he did so with flying colours.  We didn't have the third worst squad the division when we went down did we?  But as I say, football isn't won in paper.

had to manage us out the decision yet we were screaming at him to drop alan smith cos he was playing s***.

He did manage us out of the division and he did drop Smith.  Then, once he was given adequate funds he signed a replacement who is ten times the player Smith is.

It's also interesting you point out that Smith was s*** because apparently our squad was so good we would've coasted the league with or without Hughton. 

Personally, I don't think you've made a very compelling argument and just seem to be attention seeking or something by discrediting Hughton's achievements at time like this.

madras you couldn't be more wrong and have seemingly underestimated the influence of the manager

or i've correctly remembered the start of last season. the players played for him because they liked him, i also still remember nolan calling for a sub for tactical reasons and it was done minutes later.

You haven't correctly remembered the start of the season at all and as I said, completely underestimated the influence of the manager in football.  You've trotted out the same cliches that the Hughton haters used.  Claiming we had the best squad in the division blah blah blah.  Football isn't won on paper and most fans appreciate this.

i said at the time we had the strongets squad, backed it at the bookies and won handsomely.

football isn't won on paper, what does this mean ? surely you look at othet teams an assess them accordingly.

Regardless of whether we had the best squad, Hughton still had to manage us out of the division and he did so with flying colours.  We didn't have the third worst squad the division when we went down did we?  But as I say, football isn't won in paper.

had to manage us out the decision yet we were screaming at him to drop alan smith cos he was playing s***.

He did didn't he?

4, 5 month later ?

While comfortably top, so what's your point?

Take a look at our benches from last season up until January to find out why he played Smith. I hate Smith but f***ing hell, talk about twisting facts.

"Fergie won the title with John O'Shea at left back, the useless c***"

twisting facts....i was calling for smith to be dropped all season, many thought so too and in nolan, guthrie, barton.....smith came 4th.

or does it mean he got everything right because we won the league ?

Guest sicko2ndbest

OFFICIAL

www.nufc.co.uk/news/clubstatementpardew

Is probably what it will look like when its announced

He did didn't he?

4, 5 month later ?

Take a look at our benches from last season up until January to find out why he played Smith. I hate Smith but f***ing hell, talk about twisting facts.

twisting facts....i was calling for smith to be dropped all season, many thought so too and in nolan, guthrie, barton.....smith came 4th.

Who said he got everything right

He did didn't he?

4, 5 month later ?

Once all four were fit Smith was fourth choice.  What point are you making?

He did manage us out of the division and he did drop Smith.  Then, once he was given adequate fund he signed replacement who is ten times the player Smith is.

It's also interesting you point out that Smith was s*** because apparently our squad was so good we would've coasted the league with or without Hughton. 

Personally, I don't think you've made a very compelling argument and just seem to be attention seeking or something by discrediting Hughton's achievements at time like this.

just calling things as i see them, hughton done ok, but in my mind he started off with the strongest squad which always helps and there were still big questions over him this season aswell.

edit...i never rated phil neville but knew that man utd were the best team in country when he was there.

Guest GAMMELL

The depths of stupidity this Ashley bastard falls too are absolutely incredible. When he installs this muppet Pardew I'll shed a fucking tear because I fear the worst all over again for the club.

We just cannot shift this cunting cancerous owner away from our club can we? Hurts so god damn much seeing him dismantle the club bit by bit, I want to say more but I just can't bring myself to comment anymore..

Guest firetotheworks

If Pardew's appointed, I'm done until MA is gone. In principle at least. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay away, but I'll try. It'll be hard when I love all of our team.

He did didn't he?

4, 5 month later ?

He did get everything right because he won the league. More right than that cunt Pardew with his Mascherano/Teves destroying his his shit squad team spirit ever will.

If Pardew's appointed, I'm done until MA is gone. In principle at least. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay away, but I'll try. It'll be hard when I love all of our team.

I'm thinking similar.  Recent work commitments mean I struggle to make games at the minute, but if Pardew's in, it'll soften the blow.  Got tickets for Boxing Day and will go like, but I'll probably be looking forward to the piss-up before and after more!

Guest The_Scoreboard

How many people will be finished if he gets the job

If this happens then probably me until a new regime is installed, even though I've got a season ticket. makes me so fooked off when i think about how i fell into the whole stability thing and how things have been turned around by hughton, then he still does things like this and the ever growing amount of sports direct signs around the ground.  Either of the 'Martins' will be acceptable but pardew can fook right off

Guest afternoonfix

blah blah shite - whoever is appointed ,we'll all follow on regardless,

its always the same - curse of being a supporter.

the players are still good enough to stay up. our only hope is that they play for the fans because they love us. as opposed to being purposely shit because they hate the manager.

i've felt the urge to do this before, but if Pardew is in, i'm out. or will try to be. this club has often made life miserable and i'm starting to doubt whether the 'good times' are worth it anymore.