Alan Pardew

JH

Don't leave the board man Ian, one of the few people who never allows your emotions to take over in a debate. There are few people who really try and look at things from every side and give a balanced verdict, stick it out

This summer is going to kill Ian W

:lol:

Nah, I've come to terms with the fact I'm not going to change anyone's opinion. I am coming close to leaving the forum though, but I don't know where I'd get my football chat from.

Why? It's easy to run along with the herd and be popular - just ask Johnny Hall he's got it down to an art. These are just opinions at the end of the day and the type of nob who thinks you're Ashley's puppet because you question their take on it aren't worth the time of day. Anyway, you don't have it so bad. Look at that somalian kid Kaka. Every time he types a sentence Dave pops up to question his personal experience of the hallowed turf of St James.

I don't know if he's Somalian btw, just going of north shields lad's conjecture. He could be Croatian for all I know.

Nah, I've come to terms with the fact I'm not going to change anyone's opinion. I am coming close to leaving the forum though, but I don't know where I'd get my football chat from.

Why? It's easy to run along with the herd and be popular - just ask Johnny Hall he's got it down to an art. These are just opinions at the end of the day and the type of nob who thinks you're Ashley's puppet because you question their take on it aren't worth the time of day. Anyway, you don't have it so bad. Look at that somalian kid Kaka. Every time he types a sentence Dave pops up to question his personal experience of the hallowed turf of St James.

I don't know if he's Somalian btw, just going of north shields lad's conjecture. He could be Croatian for all I know.

Stick up for me and character-assassinate others at the same time, I like it!

I probably wouldn't leave, maybe I just need to come on less. And stop getting involved in the same arguments over and over again of course.

Don't do that! You'll never change the opinions of people who are blindly ignorant. People should be able to accept other people's points of view without being abusive towards others (which some tools in here can't seem to achieve*), but don't leave on their sake otherwise they think they win. I joined yesterday? Already seem to disagree with many, despise a few, but importantly; agree with some.

*Joey Barton in a top-hat, smiley Asian man, kingkerrookiedingdong

...right

Guest cr4igora

Don't do that! You'll never change the opinions of people who are blindly ignorant. People should be able to accept other people's points of view without being abusive towards others (which some tools in here can't seem to achieve*), but don't leave on their sake otherwise they think they win. I joined yesterday? Already seem to disagree with many, despise a few, but importantly; agree with some.

...right

Can I help?

...right

Can I help?

nah

Journalists should be asking Pardew how much influence he has, whether he agreed to the wage bill getting cut as much as possible before getting appointed, asking him to explain his comments about the Carroll money.

On the Pardew point, I'm still unsure of what he has actually done wrong in the eyes of supporters really, and whether he is simply "guilty by association". I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to lose Barton, Nolan, Carroll etc specifically and I believe he doesn't have a say. His job is to pick the team and the odd incoming player, and if I judge him on that, I can't see how he's done such a bad job as some on here would make out.

Give him time, he's only had 8 months.

Seriously, he hasn't had long enough to judge him as manager of our club, and unlike most new managers he came into a reasonably well functioning team of players in a decent position in the league, with a certain amount of self-management that Hughton had allowed or fostered. Of course there was disquiet over Hughton's sacking and the Carroll's sale which he had to address, and he deserves some credit for not rocking the boat and calming the situation down, but players get used to managers being sacked and I'm sure most if not all would put the blame on the owner/MD and give Pardew the benefit of the doubt. Honeymoon's over now, let's see how he pulls the squad together after this Summer. Tactically, I'm not convinced he changed or affected the team much at all in the second half of last season, most of the time the team and tactics picked themselves, and I think we mostly just carried on with the first half of the season momentum. Sometimes however his tactics and team selections were a bit bizarre, and often didn't work, but for now I'm willing to put that down to injuries and lack of squad depth.

On the negative side, and I stress I'm not judging him yet as it's too short a time to tell if it's not just circumstances or coincidence, but there are a few worrying signs which I've noticed:

Injuries - under Hughton we seemed to have a relatively low problem with injuries, specifically strains, recovery breakdowns and injuries picked up in training. With Pardew the rate of these niggly injuries seems to have picked up a lot, and I wonder if it's down to different training methods.

Discipline - again, under Hughton we seemed to have relatively few disciplinary problems. When there were problems - and there was quite a major one with Carroll and Taylor - they were handled quietly in-house, and the situation was resolved without any fallout. Handled differently Carroll could easily have been shipped out (and there were many on here who wanted it), and then we wouldn't be arguing about where the £35m has gone. Pardew on the other hand seems to like washing the dirty laundry in public, and hangs his players out to dry. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my perception so far, and it's not a tactic I like. Whatever, he seems to have lost all semblance of player discipline now with players left right and centre chipping in. The solution - whether it's his decision or not, he's been unable to stop it - is to ship out the "troublemakers" regardless of the cost to the team.

Tactics - mentioned briefly above, but I believe it's been a criticism before at his past clubs that he can mess around with the team a bit too much. Results will be the judge on that one I guess.

PS I almost forgot - I hate him because he's a ego-centric, bullshitting, cockney.

On the Pardew point, I'm still unsure of what he has actually done wrong in the eyes of supporters really, and whether he is simply "guilty by association". I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to lose Barton, Nolan, Carroll etc specifically and I believe he doesn't have a say. His job is to pick the team and the odd incoming player, and if I judge him on that, I can't see how he's done such a bad job as some on here would make out.

Give him time, he's only had 8 months.

Seriously, he hasn't had long enough to judge him as manager of our club, and unlike most new managers he came into a reasonably well functioning team of players in a decent position in the league, with a certain amount of self-management that Hughton had allowed or fostered. Of course there was disquiet over Hughton's sacking and the Carroll's sale which he had to address, and he deserves some credit for not rocking the boat and calming the situation down, but players get used to managers being sacked and I'm sure most if not all would put the blame on the owner/MD and give Pardew the benefit of the doubt. Honeymoon's over now, let's see how he pulls the squad together after this Summer. Tactically, I'm not convinced he changed or affected the team much at all in the second half of last season, most of the time the team and tactics picked themselves, and I think we mostly just carried on with the first half of the season momentum. Sometimes however his tactics and team selections were a bit bizarre, and often didn't work, but for now I'm willing to put that down to injuries and lack of squad depth.

On the negative side, and I stress I'm not judging him yet as it's too short a time to tell if it's not just circumstances or coincidence, but there are a few worrying signs which I've noticed:

Injuries - under Hughton we seemed to have a relatively low problem with injuries, specifically strains, recovery breakdowns and injuries picked up in training. With Pardew the rate of these niggly injuries seems to have picked up a lot, and I wonder if it's down to different training methods.

Discipline - again, under Hughton we seemed to have relatively few disciplinary problems. When there were problems - and there was quite a major one with Carroll and Taylor - they were handled quietly in-house, and the situation was resolved without any fallout. Handled differently Carroll could easily have been shipped out (and there were many on here who wanted it), and then we wouldn't be arguing about where the £35m has gone. Pardew on the other hand seems to like washing the dirty laundry in public, and hangs his players out to dry. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my perception so far, and it's not a tactic I like. Whatever, he seems to have lost all semblance of player discipline now with players left right and centre chipping in. The solution - whether it's his decision or not, he's been unable to stop it - is to ship out the "troublemakers" regardless of the cost to the team.

Tactics - mentioned briefly above, but I believe it's been a criticism before at his past clubs that he can mess around with the team a bit too much. Results will be the judge on that one I guess.

PS I almost forgot - I hate him because he's a ego-centric, bullshitting, cockney.

Agree with most of this.

Honest question - are injuries that bad under Pardew? And if they are, isn't it just bad luck?

Also not sure you can blame the discipline issues with Enrique and Barton on Pardew either, they are caused by contract issues which have very little to do with him.

Honest question - are injuries that bad under Pardew? And if they are, isn't it just bad luck?

Also not sure you can blame the discipline issues with Enrique and Barton on Pardew either, they are caused by contract issues which have very little to do with him.

The Manager has very little do with contract issues???

Can you imagine Ferguson leaving the new Valencia contract to his board and letting them get away with completly fucking it up to the point the player gets fucked off for nowt?

I hardly think so.

He'd be doing what any decent manager with a tiny degree of influence would do and saying 'I want him, he's part of my plans - get him a new contract sorted'.

Patsy Pardew has the same amount of influence as the fucking tea lady man.

The discipline issues would never have come about if the club management were honest from day one in respect of the £35m (both Enrique and Barton would have stayed if this was invested) and straight with their contracts.

Deceitful cunts, the whole lot of them.

I think patsy is about to replace apologist as the most irritating word of the week.

Better get used to it.

That's what he is.

If you don't like the term you'd be best advised to stay out of this thread.

I think patsy is about to replace apologist as the most irritating word of the week.

Better get used to it.

That's what he is.

If it's all the same to you, I'll make my own decisions about which threads I read.

The Manager has very little do with contract issues???

Can you imagine Ferguson leaving the new Valencia contract to his board and letting them get away with completly fucking it up to the point the player gets fucked off for nowt?

I hardly think so.

He'd be doing what any decent manager with a tiny degree of influence would do and saying 'I want him, he's part of my plans - get him a new contract sorted'.

Patsy Pardew has the same amount of influence as the fucking tea lady man.

The discipline issues would never have come about if the club management were honest from day one in respect of the £35m (both Enrique and Barton would have stayed if this was invested) and straight with their contracts.

Deceitful cunts, the whole lot of them.

Aye. As I've said yesterday, if Pardew had any sort of character, he would resign ( or at least say what he really thinks. )

Better get used to it.

That's what he is.

If it's all the same to you, I'll make my own decisions about which threads I read.

Patsy.

It's fair comment that Pardew should resign in protest at the things he has to accept.

Personally I think it's fine that he's decided he wants the job despite that. Sometimes the good aspects of a job outweigh the bad.

Good aspects being it's the only premiership job he'd ever have got?