Alan Pardew

JH

As much as I want him out it fills me with complete dread to think of who we'd get to replace him. Ashley is yet to appoint a "safe" manager and next time will be no different.

We wouldn't get anyone, we would effectively be a dead club.

No one would manage us

As much as I want him out it fills me with complete dread to think of who we'd get to replace him. Ashley is yet to appoint a "safe" manager and next time will be no different.

We wouldn't get anyone, we would effectively be a dead club.

No one would manage us

Nah, there's always he-who-must-not-be-named waiting in the wings.

:kinnear:

Pardew is either a liar or is being lied to, or even both, so I'd pay no attention to anything he says.

& this

Anger needs to be directed at the board not him

Don't think Pardew will be happy with what's going on at the club & I can't really see what he's doing wrong in all of this??

How many of us hate or disagree with the way our boss runs a company?? You still try to do the best job you can!!

Come the start of the season I will be 100% behind Pardew  :thup: ( come Christmas however... :dowie: )

Pardew is either a liar or is being lied to, or even both, so I'd pay no attention to anything he says.

& this

Anger needs to be directed at the board not him

Don't think Pardew will be happy with what's going on at the club & I can't really see what he's doing wrong in all of this??

How many of us hate or disagree with the way our boss runs a company?? You still try to do the best job you can!!

Come the start of the season I will be 100% behind Pardew  :thup: ( come Christmas however... :dowie: )

The thing in the back of my mind is how he got the job. He took the job about a month at least before Hughton was even sacked and was simply waiting in the wings for the perfect moment that would cost Hughton his job. That to me stinks and is exactly the kind of behaviour we are used to under Ashley and Llambias, so why shouldn't the 3 of them be a bunch of con artists rather than Pardew simply being another poor manager getting a hard time from the owner?

Guest Wally_McFool

If no quality replacements come in before the start of the season this lying fucker needs driving out.

Then turn our attention to the other wankstains.

Quality players will now be well aware what a nuthouse Mike Ashley's Newcastle United is and will avoid the place like the plague.

Expect "wankstain" signings.

If no quality replacements come in before the start of the season this lying f***er needs driving out.

Then turn our attention to the other wankstains.

Quality players will now be well aware what a nuthouse Mike Ashley's Newcastle United is and will avoid the place like the plague.

Expect "wankstain" signings.

We've managed to sign three fairly decent players already to be fair.

He simply has to get in the 1-2 players we are "working on" and now 2 additional players to replace the obvious, if not he is as weak as piss or should walk for the very reasons it is compromising him as a manager. 

As the squad stands it is certainly alot weaker than it was at the end of the season.  If he has any pride as a manager, he would simply walk if the club are not providing the tools he needs to do his job.  If not, he is the puppet so many refer to him to.

I dont think there is anyone else out there who could do better and not clash with Ashley.

Sorry to say, he's our best option right now.

This is basically my feeling as well. Fair enough he might be a bit spineless for not walking out because he can't stop Carroll/Barton/Nolan leaving, but given he has decided to see it through I think he is a decent manager otherwise.

he's a 'coach' more than anything.

i'd guess that he basically is in the role they wanted keegan to be. he says what position he wants a player for (not a particular player) and ashley/llambias tell graham carr to find said player for as young and cheap as possible.

basically he's got no say over who comes, who stays, who goes and his job is to coach and pick the team from whatever squad is put together for him

i'd guess that he basically is in the role they wanted keegan to be. he says what position he wants a player for (not a particular player) and ashley/llambias tell graham carr to find said player for as young and cheap as possible.

basically he's got no say over who comes, who stays, who goes and his job is to coach and pick the team from whatever squad is put together for him

True, all I would say is that most modern managers (bar the super-managers like Fergie etc) fall into this category to some extent. It just seems worse with Pardew because his owner is such a nob.

True, all I would say is that most modern managers (bar the super-managers like Fergie etc) fall into this category to some extent. It just seems worse with Pardew because his owner is such a nob.

I don't agree with that. Most managers deal in transfers, contracts, coaching, personnel etc.

You know that as a fact colinmk?

Don't think either of us know TBF.

I just guess that every manager has to work within the restrictions imposed by the club/owner. I still don't believe that Pardew has no influence over transfers, there is just a limited amount he can spend on new players and some big outgoing deals that he can't stop.