Alan Pardew

JH

Guest Mantis

I dont think there is anyone else out there who could do better and not clash with Ashley.

Sorry to say, he's our best option right now.

Rubbish. Of all the football people in Europe, he's the best? There are plenty of coaches who would come here happy to take the wage and simply pick 11 names on a Saturday. He's probably not even the best option in Newcastle.

Pardew's main test will be in getting results from foreign players who have a totally different approach to the game to most British players and coaches. Last year's squad dictated the game we played and it didn't take a lot of coaching nous to wing the ball high to a big forward and let Nolan battle for the scraps. If Pardew can't work out how to get the best out of the new lads we might see a foreign coach come in.

Pardew's main test will be in getting results from foreign players who have a totally different approach to the game to most British players and coaches. Last year's squad dictated the game we played and it didn't take a lot of coaching nous to wing the ball high to a big forward and let Nolan battle for the scraps. If Pardew can't work out how to get the best out of the new lads we might see a foreign coach come in.

'welcome to your new manager, Mr Joseph Kinerre'

I dont think there is anyone else out there who could do better and not clash with Ashley.

Sorry to say, he's our best option right now.

Rubbish. Of all the football people in Europe, he's the best? There are plenty of coaches who would come here happy to take the wage and simply pick 11 names on a Saturday. He's probably not even the best option in Newcastle.

Who is then? Let's see the list, I'm intrigued as to which coaches would work for Ashley after everything he's done, for peanuts as well, not a wedge, and have no say in transfers with a high risk of ruining their credibility as a top manager for good.

Who is then? Let's see the list, I'm intrigued as to which coaches would work for Ashley after everything he's done, for peanuts as well, not a wedge, and have no say in transfers with a high risk of ruining their credibility as a top manager for good.

I'm with you on this one, I doubt any self respecting manager would want to be in the position Pardew finds himself in.  I doubt the job of managing the club has ever been as low as it is now.  If I was a football manager I wouldn’t touch our job, and I say that as a Newcastle supporter who loves the club.

I'm with you on this one, I doubt any self respecting manager would want to be in the position Pardew finds himself in.  I doubt the job of managing the club has ever been as low as it is now.  If I was a football manager I wouldn’t touch our job, and I say that as a Newcastle supporter who loves the club.

I think the job appealed to managers less after KK's departure than it does now. People objected to the sacking of Hughton, but there was always the excuse that he wasn't proven in the Premier League and was inexperienced.

I was absolutely fuming when we appointed Pardew but I don't really see what he's done recently to get added hatred and people wanting him out. What was he supposed to do? Come out and say Barton's right and Ashley is a c***? Or that we've got loads of money, but we just can't spend any?

I'd imagine a fair bit did go on wages and signing on fees and that's been taken into account from the money we've received for players post-Carroll, however I also think (probably foolishly) that there's still potential for another three or four players (LB, Barton replacement, Striker and one more, ideally a FB that can play both sides or another striker) to come in.

I was absolutely fuming when we appointed Pardew but I don't really see what he's done recently to get added hatred and people wanting him out. What was he supposed to do? Come out and say Barton's right and Ashley is a c***? Or that we've got loads of money, but we just can't spend any?

He could start by not saying stuff instead of making promises he can't keep. Theres a reason you never get a real answer from Hughton.

He could start by not saying stuff instead of making promises he can't keep. Theres a reason you never get a real answer from Hughton.

Yes, lack of communication is always well appreciated by our fans.

If you'd rather the listen to the nonsense from Pardew than what you got from Hughton enjoy it

If you'd rather the listen to the nonsense from Pardew than what you got from Hughton enjoy it

It's not me whingeing about lack of communication or examining Pardew's comments with a magnifying glass for discrepancies. All a load of fuss over minor details if you ask me.

Hughton did it perfectly. No need to talk about stuff he didn't know/wasn't told and didn't give the press a stick to hit us with.

I'm close to putting Pardew up there with Kinnear in terms of talking absolute nonsense.

.com had it spot in. To quote, "at this point there is no point in him even talking anymore."

I'm still willing to give him a chance (why do people say that? as if we have any choice in the matter) in terms of my opinion on him, which i'll keep in balance for now, as long as the team performs well on the pitch, as it has so far.

However, behind the scenes, he's as big a lapdog as Kinnear was, probably worse as he doesn't even have the cajones that Kinnear had in owning up to his partisanship.

It's not me whingeing about lack of communication or examining Pardew's comments with a magnifying glass for discrepancies. All a load of fuss over minor details if you ask me.

Spot on.

Also IIRC, wasn't Hughton criticised for never saying anything? Might be wrong.

Spot on.

You'll always have differing opinions, personally, I'd rather not be lied to by anyone involved with the club and if that means hearing nothing, so be it.

Spot on.

You'll always have differing opinions, personally, I'd rather not be lied to by anyone involved with the club and if that means hearing nothing, so be it.

That's absolutely fine.

If he was to leave,there would be loads of managers interested. Though they might be of the level of Kevin Blackwell or Billy Davies,we'd get some c*** declaring an interest.

JFK.

Hughton did it perfectly. No need to talk about stuff he didn't know/wasn't told and didn't give the press a stick to hit us with.

I'm close to putting Pardew up there with Kinnear in terms of talking absolute nonsense.

He's probably above Kinnear tbh.

JK at least seemed to had some balls when it came to bringing in his own transfer targets (as shit as they have been).

JK at least seemed to had some balls when it came to bringing in his own transfer targets (as s*** as they have been).

Are you serious? :lol: The winter of '09 was just about the most bullshit-rich transfer window I've ever experienced in my life.

Who needs tabloids when your lunatic manager is dropping multiple cryptic and insubstantial links every press conference.

JK at least seemed to had some balls when it came to bringing in his own transfer targets (as s*** as they have been).

Are you serious? :lol: The winter of '09 was just about the most bullshit-rich transfer window I've ever experienced in my life.

Who needs tabloids when your lunatic manager is dropping multiple cryptic and insubstantial links every press conference.

Agree, but we signed a much needed right back because of the injury of Beye and we signed a much needed CM because of Barton's injury.

Of course, we also sold Given and he was talking shit and the same goes for N'Zogbia and of course all those 'fake targets'.

Probably I've a bit forgotten of how shit he really was in the wake of current events.

This is what I mean. We all get the feeling Pardew is not being told about things he's trying to defend/deflect attention away from. Kinnear was simply not acting like a human being.