Alan Pardew

JH

Last season from the two other promoted clubs, we'd been beaten twice by Christmas.

In my years following NUFC we are generally always are a sucker for the hyped up promoted sides. Some of the criticism of Pardew is justified, but it's a point gained overall. We would have certainly lost this one, twelve months ago.

Hughton got grief for his decision making/subs, but he would have seen what needed to be changed tonight.

Completely unacceptable from Pardew tonight, he better rectify it for the next match.

You think? I think we've won and drawn games these last two weeks that we'd have drawn and lost last season.

Lets see what he does for the Villa game. Hughton had the sense after the Blackpool debacle to throw in Tioté andf Ben Arfa.

Raylor and Shola out, Santon and Ba/Marveaux in. Has to be.

:thup:

Yeah - fourth in the league and unbeaten.  What a crap job Pardew is doing.

Unbelievably short-sighted.

Yeah we played badly.  In fact we were awful.  But - we got a point away from home against a team that will clearly be midtable or thereabouts come the end of the season.  Decent result even if it was a crap performance.

But - we are unbeaten.  We deserved a point vs Arsenal and our wins against Sunderland and Fulham.  This is the only game so far where we have got more than our play merited.

Yeh, because if we keep playing like that and with no flexibility to change...we're going to stay fourth :lol:

It's a good point away from home but that doesn't mean it's a performance to applaud.

Because that is what I said?? That we would stay fourth?

Unbelievably short-sighted.

Yeah we played badly.  In fact we were awful.  But - we got a point away from home against a team that will clearly be midtable or thereabouts come the end of the season.  Decent result even if it was a crap performance.

But - we are unbeaten.  We deserved a point vs Arsenal and our wins against Sunderland and Fulham.  This is the only game so far where we have got more than our play merited.

Yep, that's what most (all?) are saying. O0

Last season from the two other promoted clubs, we'd been beaten twice by Christmas.

In my years following NUFC we are generally always are a sucker for the hyped up promoted sides. Some of the criticism of Pardew is justified, but it's a point gained overall. We would have certainly lost this one, twelve months ago.

We would have lost this one if we hadn't cleared off the line twice or if that were capable of scoring goals.  They haven't got one goal in 4 games for nothing.

Can't really complain whilst the results are still flowing.

The problems and real test will come when the results start to dry up.

You can, and you should.

What more could we have done in these last four games like? Win them all? :lol:

You're a lost cause sometimes, man.

Howay then, explain.

No one is complaining about the points on the board. To wait until the results are on a par with the performances before you acknowledge/pipe up that there are problems which require addressing is folly.

While of course we are happy, we can't just be happy with the points and ignore everything else. We have to look into the future and realise we're not going to get away with it every time like we have tonight.

I'd like to see Marveaux in behind the striker in the Ben Arfa role. Very limited viewing of him but IMO he looks like he could play there. Cabaye and Tioté struggled today but half of the reason is the lack of movement and players infront of them inwhich to pass to.

Shola and Best are two static and don't have the game to come deeper and link up play, so put somebody there that can.

Amazed anybody actually expected any kind of performance from us in this type of game. Have you all just started watching Newcastle United?

Would've taken a point beforehand and I'm pleased we managed to dig one out - even if we rode our luck. Pardew needs to fucking learn from his selection mistakes here though.

Guest Howaythetoon

We are playing some awful football, I say playing, there seems to be nothing at all about our football. Fuck knows how we are 4th because all our performances have been rubbish to date.

Amazed anybody actually expected any kind of performance from us in this type of game. Have you all just started watching Newcastle United?

Would've taken a point beforehand and I'm pleased we managed to dig one out - even if we rode our luck. Pardew needs to f***ing learn from his selection mistakes here though.

This reminded me of Fulham away last season which we lost. For all the chances they made I don't remember Krul being particularly busy.

Can't really complain whilst the results are still flowing.

The problems and real test will come when the results start to dry up.

You can, and you should.

What more could we have done in these last four games like? Win them all? :lol:

You're a lost cause sometimes, man.

Howay then, explain.

No one is complaining about the points on the board. To wait until the results are on a par with the performances before you acknowledge/pipe up that there are problems which require addressing is folly.

While of course we are happy, we can't just be happy with the points and ignore everything else. We have to look into the future and realise we're not going to get away with it every time like we have tonight.

Of course, I'm not saying we shouldn't. But this is the first time we've been like that in the league this season. Deserved our other wins and held our own in the Arsenal game - we've played really poorly once - it doesn't mean we're going to nosedive.

If we're looking to play Ben Arfa in a free role when be returns, we should already be looking to try this with the players that we've got. So I'd like to see Marveaux in the same role away at Villa, then he can also interchange with Obertan and Jonas. Although the way Obertan's playing, Sammy would be a better option at the moment. At least he's got some drive and is willing to run at people with the ball.