Alan Pardew

JH

Guest magpie99

He is doing a very good job under very difficult circumstances since he arrived at the club. He has had to deal with a great deal of disapointment with the decision making from above and had to rely on bringing in and playing lesser noted players and turn them into exeptional premier league players. He has had tp deal with a wafer thin squad, using several raw and untried kids in high profile games as well as ensuring we gained results.

In my opinion despite the fact he has had to deal with:

The loss of his main goalscorer

The loss of his captain and second top goalscorer

The loss of his only left back

The loss of his main influential and battled hardened midfielder

The low budget to bring in replacements

The fast tracking of youngsters into the senior team

The loss of his replacement left back without kicking a ball for the club

The let down by the board in not getting a high profile striker in which would have topped off an excellent transfer window

Injuries to Gosling, Guthrie, Ben Arfa in pre season

Visa problems with Tiote, Barton, Cabaye affecting pre season warm ups

The high turnover of players from last season and the need to gel

I think the bloke has worked miracles in the short time he has been here.

Remember, we were only 30 seconds from finishing 9th last season and had ended the season withn virtually no options to select from. If anyone had offered us 9th at the start of last season, not many here would have believed them.

Furthermore, our defence, even though we are short on numbers and having had to play a right midfielder at left back all season so far, has performed brilliantly, albeit with a bit of deserved luck. The new players are starting to get match fitness after a disrupted pre season and they are starting to understand each other and how they fit into the style of play.

The spirit remains and we seem to have so much more skill and pace in our team. Once Marveaux and Ben Arfa are fully fit, we will be a side to be feared by most teams outside the top 4 and possibly even a couple of sides in the top 4 too.

In the 9 months Pardew has been here, he has really been exceptional which is somethong I never thought I would say about the bloke.

lot of love for pards at the moment i see, that's good

has he had what you might deem a bad patch since taking over yet?  results-wise i mean

don't recall one and that's to his credit to date...however it's also when he'll be really open for judgement 'cause it will come and how he handles himself and gets us out of it will define the man

so far though

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--bLPMy_19C4/Tf41RZBu-LI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/ZeQKuN9S-Eg/s1600/everything_went_better_than_expected_RE_Few_Memes_To_Make_You_Smile-s509x385-155629-580.jpg

Guest magpie99

Other than a heavy defeat at Stoke, I dont think he has experienced much in disappointing results exept for conceding late goals at Sunderland, at home against Spurs and WBA which effectively lost us 6 points. I am pretty sure those points would have seen us finish around 7th last season.

There was also the Stevenage defeat in the cup last season.

Other than that, his results were quite good considering the depth and strength of the squad last and this season so far.

When you also take into account the mayhem caused by the owner and his henchman especially during Pardew's tenure, you have also to hold him in high esteem for thed job he is doing.

I like him, and our players. I think this is our most likable team since 01-03.

agree with that, i like the players we have - all seem to want to play for the team and pulling in the right direction, good s***!

And the players we don't like are almost out the door :D

agree with that, i like the players we have - all seem to want to play for the team and pulling in the right direction, good s***!

god, can you imagine when smith fucking leaves this summer?  sweet jesus that'll be good

god, can you imagine when smith fucking leaves this summer?  sweet jesus that'll be good

Said it before, the day Smith officially leaves I'm making a party thread where we get hammered and celebrate him being finally gone.

We just don't know which of the new ones we don't like yet :)

Starting to look like the best manager since Sir Bobby for me.

Lots to like about the fella.

Aye, loads better than Keegan like.

Careful not to mistake Keegan 1 with Keegan 2.

A whole different can of worms but had KK not being a tad short financially I dont think he would ever have come back.

I think Pardew so far is doing magnificently.

I like he's made us harder to beat

I like the never say die attitude

I like the style of play

I like that he seems to understand what its all about up here

I like that he doesnt winge

I like that he doesnt blame the players

I like that he can be critical of those above him

I like his craic

I like his manerisms

I like his interviews

And I like his smiling  :)

agree with that, i like the players we have - all seem to want to play for the team and pulling in the right direction, good shit!

There's a lot to like about our squad, it makes it easier to support. 4 to 5 (Smith, Perch, Harper, Loven & Ameobi) players leaving and 2 to 3 (Striker, CB & RB) players coming in and we've got something really competitive and enjoyable to watch, all you can really ask for with this owner and the level the club is at (plus top 5 dominating proceedings)

Agree about the likeable factor of the team. Been the one constant since relegation and seems to be surviving despite having the core ripped out of it.

showed signs of learning, maturity and tactical development i didn't expect to see in him

Disagreed there. Showed a disappointing lack of that.

In any case, as said, any of Keegan2's qualities were irrelevant given that he had no intention on imparting them on the team.

Agree about the likeable factor of the team. Been the one constant since relegation and seems to be surviving despite having the core ripped out of it.

showed signs of learning, maturity and tactical development i didn't expect to see in him

In any case, as said, any of Keegan2's qualities were irrelevant given that he had no intention on imparting them on the team.

Eh? I'm sure he wanted to but there were 'just a few' mitigating circumstances preventing him from doing so.

footballing maturity

I think on here at least, he's always going to be one bad result away from heavy criticism. I liked Hughton but at this moment in time I feel more optimistic about the club than I did twelve months ago. Ashley is still making errors but on the pitch we seem quite stable and there's a core of very good players who are exciting to watch. I don't think we've fully gelled yet and our strongest XI is still up for debate. However, I can see positive signs and I think Pardew can take a lot of credit for that.

Let's be honest, he's nowhere near as bad as the majority of us feared he'd be.