Alan Pardew

JH

http://www.thenewsgrind.com/news/uk-news/pardew-faces-newcastle-united-axe-amid-growing-fears-of-stability/

Pardew faces Newcastle United axe amid growing fears of stability

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew could be the next Premier League boss to lose his job after accepting responsibility for the Magpies’ respectable start to the season.

Pardew’s team remain unbeaten and lie in a Champions League qualification spot sparking fears he will be sacked to make way for a more erratic replacement.

A new manager, with a firmer grasp of the club’s reputation for self-destruction, could be installed in a matter of days.

“It’s like history repeating itself,” said a St James’s Park insider.

“Chris Hughton did a similar job steering us through a phase of unprecedented calmness off the pitch. He had to go in the eyes of owner Mike Ashley, and the same appears to be true of Alan.”

If anything, Pardew is on even shakier ground than his predecessor having combined an ethos of off-the-field professionalism with a quiet efficiency on the pitch at Premier League level.

And it is surely only a matter of time before Newcastle fans turn on the manager amid fears their over-performing stars will be poached by rival clubs.

If positive results continue in the run up to the January transfer window The News Grind understands Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish will sign the entire Newcastle first team for £260m.

:lol:

http://www.thenewsgrind.com/news/uk-news/pardew-faces-newcastle-united-axe-amid-growing-fears-of-stability/

Pardew faces Newcastle United axe amid growing fears of stability

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew could be the next Premier League boss to lose his job after accepting responsibility for the Magpies’ respectable start to the season.

Pardew’s team remain unbeaten and lie in a Champions League qualification spot sparking fears he will be sacked to make way for a more erratic replacement.

A new manager, with a firmer grasp of the club’s reputation for self-destruction, could be installed in a matter of days.

“It’s like history repeating itself,” said a St James’s Park insider.

“Chris Hughton did a similar job steering us through a phase of unprecedented calmness off the pitch. He had to go in the eyes of owner Mike Ashley, and the same appears to be true of Alan.”

If anything, Pardew is on even shakier ground than his predecessor having combined an ethos of off-the-field professionalism with a quiet efficiency on the pitch at Premier League level.

And it is surely only a matter of time before Newcastle fans turn on the manager amid fears their over-performing stars will be poached by rival clubs.

If positive results continue in the run up to the January transfer window The News Grind understands Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish will sign the entire Newcastle first team for £260m.

:lol:

Am I the only one who got a little shock before I realised it was a p*ss-take? :lol:

No me too! :lol:

But i believed it as yesterday i was told from a reliable source...that Pardew resigned immediately after Deadline day after the club failed to sign a Striker. He was persuaded back with an increase in his already low salary.

This is a very good source and i wouldn't post it if i didn't believe it myself.

Am I the only one who got a little shock before I realised it was a p*ss-take? :lol:

No me too! :lol:

But i believed it as yesterday i was told from a reliable source...that Pardew resigned immediately after Deadline day after the club failed to sign a Striker. He was persuaded back with an increase in his already low salary.

This is a very good source and i wouldn't post it if i didn't believe it myself.

I heard the same at the Forest game.  I can't remember who told me so I can't say whether they are normally reliable or not!!!

i've said this before about him......I WISH HE'D SHUT THE FUCK UP.

last week he was quoted in the press as saying "certain" players in the camp need to not get carried away with the start we've made......what good is saying that. thats the sort of stuff that even if you think it you keep it indoors.

Arsenal and Sunderland aren't easy games while we've always struggled against Fulham and Blackburn in recent season. At Villa Park we won a point despite not having won anything there for the last years. Yes, easy fixtures so far.

I'm not trying to discredit the hard work we have put in, but we could have had a more difficult start, Arsenal were at their weakest, at Sunderland we came away with a great result but as you seem to be going of previous form we have recently always done well there. Fulham were there for the taking, the hardest game we have had this year was against QPR. We did well at villa but they were also there for the taking especially in the second half, same goes for Blackburn.

Yes, every game in the premiership is a hard one, so by that logic you are right. I stick by my original post though, that we could have had harder fixtures. Luck in the form of the opposition has helped and in the case of QPR hindered too. Both factors have put us in good stead by giving us time for the new players and team to gel.

Arsenal and Sunderland aren't easy games while we've always struggled against Fulham and Blackburn in recent season. At Villa Park we won a point despite not having won anything there for the last years. Yes, easy fixtures so far.

I'm not trying to discredit the hard work we have put in, but we could have had a more difficult start, Arsenal were at their weakest, at Sunderland we came away with a great result but as you seem to be going of previous form we have recently always done well there. Fulham were there for the taking, the hardest game we have had this year was against QPR. We did well at villa but they were also there for the taking especially in the second half, same goes for Blackburn.

Yes, every game in the premiership is a hard one, so by that logic you are right. I stick by my original post though, that we could have had harder fixtures. Luck in the form of the opposition has helped and in the case of QPR hindered too. Both factors have put us in good stead by giving us time for the new players and team to gel.

Unless we went against the likes of Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea away in quick succession, we can always have "harder fixtures". That is irrelevant, the point is that the fixtures we've had are a good sample of teams in the Premiership. A team in the top four, three more teams who finished above us in the top 10 (with 2 being away), a team who finished below us and a newly promoted team (who by the way is not thrash like most other promoted teams). So whilst the start is not an indication of where we will finish, we should not pretend that we've not had a good start.

Like I said I'm not trying to discredit the hard work we have put in, we have clearly had a good solid start.

What I resent is the way the press were hyping us up when clearly the hardest fixtures are yet to come. I'm not complaining about the decently written deserved praise, but the trash designed to build up expectations, so they can gleefully stick the knife in later when we go on our inevitable hard spell and loss of form.

My other basic point was that the fixtures have helped the positive feeling towards Pardew. When the inevitable harder games come and we pick up a run of losses Pardew will be given alot more sympathy. Had we played Manure or Man City and lost one or twice within the first few games people would have been straight on his back, straight on the players backs and general mayhem and negativity would rule.

As it stands we have had a relatively nice set of fixtures that have afforded the team time to Gel, which will hopefully set us up nicely for the rest of the season.

Just a general buzzkill post from a "could be worse" standpoint.. when I should be enjoying a hard earned start, apologies.

tbh we got lucky in the timing of those 2 games in Arsenal were all over the place when we played them

If anything I think the timing of that game couldn't have been worse. If we'd known they'd be this shite I think we'd have given that game a real go rather than be happy for a draw.

i think we have had relatively "easy" matches, but these are the kind of matches where middling teams (like us) end up dropping points, whether that's due to complacency, lack of motivation, missing a cutting edge, stupid mistakes blah blah. so full credit to the side and manager.

they're games where i'd be disappointed if we didn't get the points haul we have, and i thought we'd do well early on before the season started, but you still have to go out there and win the points.

i think one of the good things ashley has done is to get people in on performance related contracts. it's a no brainer really, but an incredibly hard sell to people who you are already employing on standard deals. people like enrique, nolan and hughton, who did a lot for the club during a difficult time, had every right to feel pissed off when the club changed tack and tried to offer them these sorts of deals, but if you can get new players (and staff) in on this kind of contract, then great.

We drew with Arse at home last season Did the same this ..

Got beat off Blackburn and drew with Fulham (bore draw) last and won both easily this. Got beat at Villa and got a creditable draw this. QPR really should have beat us but didn't. Mackems a draw (lucky bastards) last and a win this.

Early day agreed but we're already looking like we are capable of winning the games we should win. And fuck it I'll say it - we are actually looking like a decent team to be watching. Lets just hope I haven't put the mockers on by dishing out praise that is most certainly due. I reckon we're at least half a dozen points up on the same games last season. Progress being made. Kevin who?

On paper, all our next games are doable.

Only when it comes to facing Everton, City, Man Utd and Chelsea all in space of 1 month it'll be worrying. Till that time, we could very well keep our place in the top 4.

Spurs at Home and Stoke away as well don't forget, barring Wigan at home (which we should win, certainly need to) the run from Spurs at home on the 17th October right through to December looks really tough.

Will find out a lot about the squad and Pardew as a manager.