Alan Pardew

JH

He was a little less majestic tonight, but still, great subs/tactics/etc.

Great subs?Perch should have being sent off when he barely made it on the pitch!Everything else spot on though.Im really starting to like him now.Easy to say that I guess when we are winning.The real test will be when we are going through a bad spell

Guest TheSummerOf69

First thread Ive jumped into after returning from the pub, but I do hope there is a Ryan Taylor thread on the go. Good Lad is our Ryan.

Yeah, he took a couple of cynical tackles off them while watching their high balls come to him, then out-Delapped them for one of our goals.

----------------------------------

Top class Mr Pardew. Keep it up!

Like what I heard about us apparently watching loads of DVDs of teams before we play them and meticulously planning. Looks like it is paying off.

Last year he tried to counter them with the 5 at the back and got it completely wrong, this time we played it perfectly.

He was a little less majestic tonight, but still, great subs/tactics/etc.

Great subs?Perch should have being sent off when he barely made it on the pitch!Everything else spot on though.Im really starting to like him now.Easy to say that I guess when we are winning.The real test will be when we are going through a bad spell

It worked though, despite that tackle and my initial reactions to the sub.

Seriously, who would have thought we'd be 3rd in the table at this point in the season when he was appointed? I doubt you could have found 10 supporters who backed Ashley's decision to hire him. He's proved literally everybody wrong. Fair play Pardew and Ashley, just hoping we can carry a decent run on and who knows what can happen. :frantic:

Seriously, who would have thought we'd be 3rd in the table at this point in the season when he was appointed? I doubt you could have found 10 supporters who backed Ashley's decision to hire him. He's proved literally everybody wrong. Fair play Pardew and Ashley, just hoping we can carry a decent run on and who knows what can happen. :frantic:

Proved everybody wrong? Nah. There were a fair few who saw him not only as a good manager, but one who could be a good fit and had faith in him as a character after Hughtons harsh sacking.

Our run has been extraordinary though, more than I could have hoped for. :thup:

Fucking hell we'll go back to buying some right dross if Pardew does get money to spend.

Hughton clearly had an eye for a player with the likes of Tiote and Ben Arfa.

Sorry for singling you out Sewelly, as me and pretty much everyone else was against his appointment and we thought this would happen as well, but this tickled me as I was scrolling through the first few pages. It just couldn't be further from the truth :D :celb:

Surely got to get Manager of the Month.

Not only has he got us third, he is somehow energising and getting great performances from players who were otherwise forgotten.

Really really happy for the fella.

(And Pardew wonderland was getting an airing last night Im told).

Pardew's post match interview on Sky for those who haven't seen it yet. The answer on the question if Ba had something to prove - excellent. :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,23396_7284406,00.html

We couldn't wish for a better bloke fronting our club in TV interviews.

Good interview and agree with your sentiments re Pardew. Absolutely the right man for us and has somehow helped bind the whole club together.

Pardew's post match interview on Sky for those who haven't seen it yet. The answer on the question if Ba had something to prove - excellent. :lol:

Good interview and agree with your sentiments re Pardew. Absolutely the right man for us and has somehow helped bind the whole club together.

If he is 'absolutely the right man for us', why hasn't he dropped Gutierrez? Or given HBA some game time in the reserves to prove his fitness? These are questionable decisions, at best.

If he is 'absolutely the right man for us', why hasn't he dropped Gutierrez? Or given HBA some game time in the reserves to prove his fitness? These are questionable decisions, at best.

Probably for the same reasons that he hasnt dropped Ryan Taylor, though most called for it or hasnt started Ben Arfa, though most called for it or hasnt dropped Obertan, though most called for it.

;)

Probably for the same reasons that he hasnt dropped Ryan Taylor, though most called for it or hasnt started Ben Arfa, though most called for it or hasnt dropped Obertan, though most called for it.

;)

??? I'm confused, where did those points come into it? You stated that Pardew was 'absolutely the right man for the job', yet you've been very vocal in your disappointment in Jonas' production (as a winger - which is his primary role, right?) and that HBA should be working out in the reserves before getting an automatic inclusion in the first team, neither of which, Pardew has been seen to consider when selecting his team.

I'm not saying I disagree or agree with your points - they have a certain merit to them - but I'm puzzled as to how you can categorically state that Pardew is 'absolutely the right man for the job' when you have been so vocal about these two issues.

EDIT: adding a smiley, or asking another question to deflect the issue is a poor response.

;)

??? I'm confused, where did those points come into it? You stated that Pardew was 'absolutely the right man for the job', yet you've been very vocal in your disappointment in Jonas' production (as a winger - which is his primary role, right?) and that HBA should be working out in the reserves before getting an automatic inclusion in the first team, neither of which, Pardew has been seen to consider when selecting his team.

I'm not saying I disagree or agree with your points - they have a certain merit to them - but I'm puzzled as to how you can categorically state that Pardew is 'absolutely the right man for the job' when you have been so vocal about these two issues.

EDIT: adding a smiley, or asking another question to deflect the issue is a poor response.

Stu, people don't like it when youre right

Some idiotic statements there.

Just because you disagree with a decision of the manager doesn't mean he's not the right man for the job.  I'm sure Man U fans were pissed when Jonny Evans started on Saturday but none of them were saying Fergie isn't the right man to manage them.

;)

The point was it seems quite plausible, I would have thought, to consider the manager the right man for the job without necessarily agreeing with every decision he makes.

Non?