Alan Pardew

JH

He's won me over, didn't think I'd ever say that when he got appointed. Dealing with Stoke at their ground is a feat not many teams have achieved this season.

Agreed. Doing a fantastic job, don't mind admitting I was wrong on his appointment. Still unsure on some of his subs but that seems to be a common theme with managers.

Got it spot on tonight, completely blocked off their wide play (made easier by them shrinking the pitch  ;D ;D ;D ) and forced them to try and play it through the middle, barely any crosses came into the box from open play. Our defence and keeper were completely ready for their set pieces. Didn't conceed too many dangerous free kicks either. A less confidant manager might have stuck 5 in midfield and left 1 up front, which may have killed our ability to score.

Was a bit worried after he got out thought and lucked out vs Wigan, Pardew got this spot on.

Excellent stuff. He's rebuilt this team and deserves a fantastic amount of credit.

Got it right yet again tonight and his players are running through walls for him. Can't ask any more of him or his squad. Superb. :)

Perch was lucky not to get a red card for that horrible tackle. Pardew is proving me wrong, top performance again. Just hope the likes of Ben Arfa and Marveaux aren't getting too frustrated.

Perch was lucky not to get a red card for that horrible tackle. Pardew is proving me wrong, top performance again. Just hope the likes of Ben Arfa and Marveaux aren't getting too frustrated.

Not really, it wasn't that bad. I know Perch is shite, but he actually did alright today. I thought Pardew was right not to expose HBA in particular to this match at that point in the game.

Can't fault him tonight. Struggling to fault him at all this season really.

We're three points clear in third, we've got the best defence in the league, we're scoring goals, we're playing decent stuff, we look hard to beat and we have a team spirit which looks even tighter than last year - with a 'never say die' attitude.

fucking astonishing we're this far on at the point, and he deserves credit for that. Especially for someone who I couldn't have hated more when he was appointed.

Nice little moment when Best was subbed, Pardew directing Leon's attention to the crowd who were chanting his name. Stuff like that makes it easy to see why the players are playing with so much confidence under him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Was never a red, tbf.

Not really, it wasn't that bad. I know Perch is shite, but he actually did alright today. I thought Pardew was right not to expose HBA in particular to this match at that point in the game.

:thup: also, I'm sure Marveaux and HBA won't be complaining as we get closer and closer to Europa league football next season... when January comes, they'll be in the team every week with injuries, suspensions and absentees.

Was never a red, tbf.

Could well have been. You saw how easily he gave those two pens. It was a bloody terrible tackle.