Alan Pardew

JH

I remember Wullie saying he'd s*** his pants with the team selection, and Mick saying we should get rid. How ridiculous.

There was some embarrassing stuff posted on here earlier to be sure. We've all done it  - but this forum exists because people post shyte.

Pardew has had us playing miserable defensive hoofball in the past few months, with some ridiculous selections and tactics.  One game against the big boys where everything happened to go right (primarily due to two wonder goals) does not undo that.

Pardew has had us playing miserable defensive hoofball in the past few months, with some ridiculous selections and tactics.  One game against the big boys where everything happened to go right (primarily due to two wonder goals) does not undo that.

:thup:

Hopefully it's the start of a turnaround

Absolutely nailed it. Renewed a bit of faith there cos i was having some big concerns that he'd completely altered his footballing philosophy.

More of the same please.

This is the thing though. On another night Man Utd could have turned up, steamrollered us, and beat us 4-1 or something. We'll get nights like this the same as we'll get nights like WBA. This is why we're where we are (challenging Europa League) rather than being a top 4 club.

Manu weren't very good but we made them look like cannon-fodder. Genuinely think we'd have got a point or more even if they were at their best.

Guest dogbeak

how long did it take for the last few months to undo the excellent start to the season?

i was always shite at maths.

Way over the top, there have been some selections I disagreed with recently but none of them were 'ridiculous'. I hope he has realised we are capable of decent football, even against the good teams, though.

Hopefully this game was a turning point like the last game against Man U seemed to be, as we haven't been nearly as good in the last 8 or so games as we were before then. Need to use the momentum from this game to kick on again.

Got his tactics bang on tonight. I thought it was a good mix of direct football and passing along the deck tonight which ultimately allowed us to come out on top.

Well in Pards :thup:

The Silver Fox is back