Alan Pardew

JH

Jesus. I get that you don't rate Pardew but the players bought, results and performances under Allardyce were dreadful.

He bought Beye, Enrique, Rosenthal, Faye, Smith, Geremi and Viduka. Anyone else? Only the first two were successes.

The wretched home game v Liverpool (whilst we lost 3-0, it was for me far more incompetent than the 1-5 defeat the next season) under Fat Sam was the most clueless NUFC performance I've seen in my 25 years watching the club. Then there was the Portsmouth shambles not to mention gifting the worst PL side of all time, 4 points. A Derby side who were getting cuffed of everyone. We lost 0-1 and Sam reckoned if we'd taken a 0-0 draw it would have been a great result.

Better than Pardew. Utter drivel.

Faye was quite good tbf.

He bought a collection of one paced players on the whole. Obviously Enrique was the exception yet Allardyce barely played him.

Jesus. I get that you don't rate Pardew but the players bought, results and performances under Allardyce were dreadful.

He bought Beye, Enrique, Rosenthal, Faye, Smith, Geremi and Viduka. Anyone else? Only the first two were successes.

The wretched home game v Liverpool (whilst we lost 3-0, it was for me far more incompetent than the 1-5 defeat the next season) under Fat Sam was the most clueless NUFC performance I've seen in my 25 years watching the club. Then there was the Portsmouth shambles not to mention gifting the worst PL side of all time, 4 points. A Derby side who were getting cuffed of everyone. We lost 0-1 and Sam reckoned if we'd taken a 0-0 draw it would have been a great result.

Cacapa and Barton come to mind.

Sam was a more popular appointment than AP but both came here with very good reputations within the game. Pardew faced a great deal of prejudice from some because of his origins and previous clubs but his reputaion of working with players was apparent immediately as all our players got straight behind him.

The vast majority of the football world and nowadays the vast majority of NUFC fans rate him highly. A few people just don't like him for some reason, seems like they've made up their minds they never will. Very small minority, no big deal.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Allardyce is a better manager than Pardew whose football philsophies is actually quite similar to that of our former manager, stats based, percentages football, solid defence, direct football. We've put in many a poor performance under Pardew as we did under Allardyce. Pardew is just more slick and more likeable if you like as a personality. Big Sam was welcomed here with open arms by most on his appointment but as soon as we got a billionaire owner fans' attitudes started to change and he become quite the scapegoat. That said, some of the results and performances under him helped to underline fans' attitude towards him which didn't help his cause. I still believe, we'd have stayed up under him and would have went onto become a solid consistent top 8 side at least.... which fast forward to this very days is probably our true level under Pardew.

Absolute bollocks

Your agenda against Pardew is verging on embarrassing. All of the players like him, the owners like him and most of the fans like him.

Wake up man the reason you are in the minority is that you are WRONG!

It may not count for much but I work in the north west and when I speak with football fans they nearly to a man all say "hey, what a great job Pardew's doing."

Ludicrous really that a minority still frown upon him. Makes you wonder what he has to do to get them onside.

Guest Howaythetoon

Allardyce is a better manager than Pardew whose football philsophies is actually quite similar to that of our former manager, stats based, percentages football, solid defence, direct football. We've put in many a poor performance under Pardew as we did under Allardyce. Pardew is just more slick and more likeable if you like as a personality. Big Sam was welcomed here with open arms by most on his appointment but as soon as we got a billionaire owner fans' attitudes started to change and he become quite the scapegoat. That said, some of the results and performances under him helped to underline fans' attitude towards him which didn't help his cause. I still believe, we'd have stayed up under him and would have went onto become a solid consistent top 8 side at least.... which fast forward to this very days is probably our true level under Pardew.

Absolute bollocks

Your agenda against Pardew is verging on embarrassing. All of the players like him, the owners like him and most of the fans like him.

Wake up man the reason you are in the minority is that you are WRONG!

Wrong on what? Tell me what it is that I am actually wrong about?

Guest Howaythetoon

Big Sam's career pisses all over Pardew's to be honest. Of course he is a better manager. Lets not forget it was only a few years back Bolton were where we are now, mighty fucking Bolton, finishing 6th. That's when the league was far stronger too. Just because he was a poor NUFC manager does not make him a shit manager.

Fuckin hell :lol:

f***ing hell what?!

That Big Sam is a better manager than Pardew? Look at their records man :lol:

I know he's hated here but Allardyce is a very good manager who always gets the best out of his sides/clubs. Why Blackburn sacked him I do not know, they would comfortably be sat in mid-table right now.

Allardyce gets results. West Ham will go up under him, guaranteed, and if they keep him, they'll stay up, guaranteed. Pardew is a gamble that is working right now but you just know under him it could go massively wrong, like it seems to have done at all of his previous clubs.

So you don't think it's at all possible that someone like Pardew could have learned from his previous mistakes and has now become a better manager than he was over all, as his previous record suggests? This notion that "previous record" determines your level at present is ridiculous, and it goes for players and managers. It's all about the present.

Bolton were 6th. That to be fair was an achievement.

With us, he was a disaster and at Blackburn they were bloody dreadful. Says a lot that he's ended up rooting around the Championship because Allardyce was sussed out as a charlatan a long time ago.

Guest Howaythetoon

As for most of the fans liking Pardew? Go to any match at St. James' Park (and even away games) and most will bemoan his tactics, our football and his use of subs. He's liked in so far as we are doing well in the league. That's the same as Best being liked because he works hard and scores a goal or two but fans know just well, he's not really up to it long-term. Flash a Cisse in front of their eyes and its 'get Best off'. I think fans respect Pardew but I don't think they really like him, there is certainly no real love there.

As for most of the fans liking Pardew? Go to any match at St. James' Park (and even away games) and most will bemoan his tactics, our football and his use of subs. He's liked in so far as we are doing well in the league. That's the same as Best being liked because he works hard and scores a goal or two but fans know just well, he's not really up to it long-term. Flash a Cisse in front of their eyes and its 'get Best off'. I think fans respect Pardew but I don't think they really like him, there is certainly no real love there.

Every manager is liked as much as his results will allow him. Look at Wenger for example.

Guest Howaythetoon

Bolton were 6th. That to be fair was an achievement.

With us, he was a disaster and at Blackburn they were bloody dreadful. Says a lot that he's ended up rooting around the Championship because Allardyce was sussed out as a charlatan a long time ago.

Howay, to finish 6th with Bolton was huge, an amazing achievement. He is a good manager. Someone who gets reults. They may not be pretty and to everyone's liking but the man delivers. Want guaranteed promotion? He's your man. Want guaranteed survival? He's you rman. Give him 5 years and he'll build your club up to be in a position to compete as he did at Bolton. Yes he was a massive failure here, hugely so and embarrassingly so at times, but the man can manage a football club, and players. Pardew is doing the same and to a very high degree today and long may it continue. But overall, Big Sam has shown he's the better manager and I think when West Ham go up, they'll stay up and become a comfortable mid-table side, the kind of side we will become under Pardew, despite our very good season thus far. I say that because I don't think he has the abilities or skills to achieve more.

If Allardyce is all that, why were West Ham the only club that wanted him? Why despite his boasting, are NUFC the only club of stature to have ever employed him? Why does he have a reputation of playing drab long ball football?

Where's that video from the open day at SJP where the fool was mithering on and on, over the PA system. One of the most uninspiring things I've ever heard. God knows what he would be like in the dressing room.

If Allardyce is all that, why were West Ham the only club that wanted him? Why despite his boasting, are NUFC the only club of stature to have ever employed him? Why does he have a reputation of playing drab long ball football?

Where's that video from the open day at SJP where the fool was mithering on and on, over the PA system. One of the most uninspiring things I've ever heard. God knows what he would be like in the dressing room.

If Pardew gets us into Europe this season by virtue of league position then he will have done that at around the same time in terms of management years as Allardyce did with Bolton. Comparisons are odious but one must consider which is the greater achievement given the differences in the clubs in terms of revenues, ability to attract players and so on.