Alan Pardew

JH

HTT what the fuck do you want man, we are sat in 5th sprt, looking on course for a champions league chase but you still want more??  :lol: :lol:

WHo would you replace him with given that Ashley and Llambias will not go for a big name.. who would you go for? Who would you want?

You just seem to eb picking faults for no reason...

12 pts is a canny lot in this league.

5th man!  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT what the f*** do you want man, we are sat in 5th sprt, looking on course for a champions league chase but you still want more??  :lol: :lol:

WHo would you replace him with given that Ashley and Llambias will not go for a big name.. who would you go for? Who would you want?

Its about the football for me. Under Pardew we produce poor football on a consistent basis and I just know that will fuck us up sooner rather than later. This season, all though unexpected and pretty good in terms of where we are, I feel we are there by other fortune, that this is a fluke in parts. I look at our players and faceplam when I see such a poor perfomance as against too many sides this season.

I will make a comparision of sorts here. Although we finished 5th under Sir Bobby in his final full season in charge, we all knew we were shit that season and unlikely to porgress much further unless drastic changes were made, perhaps replacing the great man himself. Well I was one of those who advocated that perhaps we needed to replace him. Of course we only went and replaced him with fucking Souness... worst mistake ever, but if we had of replaced him with someone different, someone better (in certain areas), who knows.

For me this season is similar. We are 5th but my the football we have served up has been shit and although Pardew does deserve credit and is obviously doing wonders of some sort, I feel we are 5th in general in spite of him rather than because of him.

Now I get your point about what more do you want. I aknowledge that my points and reasoning seem churlish and extreme but I really believe given our players, the new financial fair play stuff and our scouting and setup that we are perhaps a good tactician and advocate of good football away from something special, not for the now, but long-term.

That's my beief anyway and I stand by it. For me our football or rather lack of speaks huge volumes given the talent we have. We should be putting away sides comfortably as we did under KK back when we first came up in the early 90s or under Sir Bobby. Because we have the players.

I was in London last week and a Chelsea fan couldn't believe just how good a spine we had and how we accunmulated such a spine under the radar.

Krul he said was the best 'keeper in the league on form, Colo one of the best defenders. Tiote and Cabaye a fearsom twosome. Ba the league's deadliest striker and now Cisse, a real goalscorer. Add Ben Arfa, Jonas, Santon, Guthrie, all good footballers, and we have the players yet our football takes us back to Big Sam's day in ways.

Playing Ryan Taylor ahead of Ben Arfa at home to QPR and Villa, much lesser sides. Playing for a narrow 1-0 win at home to QPR with 50 minutes to go. The constant long ball. Brighton in the Cup. Stevenage. Playing Joey Barton wide left. a right footed player.

These may seem minor issues in the grande scheme of things but they are or should act as massive alarm bells ringing away.

Pardew talked about good football, passing football and slick moves, yet we see none of it. We are 5th and well done to all but whenever I watch us play, all bias aside, I look on in wonder just how we are so high in the table when lesser sides outplay us and out perform us. From QPR to Villa most recently.

If we want top 10-8 footy, or mid-table steadyness, Pardew is your man. Foreget this season, its a fluke in the way Everton finishing 4th was, but if you want more, then we seriously need ro consider replacing Pardew in the same way we need to seriously consider replacing Simpson at RB if we are to improve, or to accomodate Ben Arfa etc.

Slight tangent like. But for the first time in recent memory we arent the club the papers enjoy ripping to bits. Partly due to blackburns owners and fans behaviour, but mostly due to our recruitment policy and it's instant success. Oh, and the fact we have a manager whose lasted over a year.

I'm a Pardew convert, btw.

Fair pointe and i'll take them but really, its only our second season back in the prem.

I can understand about wanting to make a change if we had been stood still for a while and the football was getting no better..at times I think we have been really good, we have been ugly but we have been wining.  Winning ugly is something this club has struggled to do for years. 

I would love us to play sweeping football like Swansea but at the moment while we are still rebuilding, i'll take what we've got with both hands.  Ive never really seen us stop so many teams before and win games.

Its working for me and i wouldnt change a thing (new players in the summer of course) at the moment.

Next season depending  where we end up I would like us to move on another step.

Only time will tell.

I get your point tho, I just feel its a little "future sighted" if you know what I mean.

Enjoy the moment HTT enjoy it! :)

This whole Swansea play terrific football lark is utter tosh by the way. They are plucky, play to win, but please don't pretend they play beautiful football.

Also, while we do have a great spine to the team now we also have a lot of really bad squad players. The amount of times we've been able to field our best XI this season is minimal (when you consider Cissé has been here all of 5 minutes, too). It's all right saying we have great footballers, and we do have a few that are very good -  but the squad is padded out with a number who are barely Premier League quality. It's difficult to play passing football from the back for example when you have a fullback who is as poor on the ball as Danny Simpson. Pardew has done a great job squeezing performances and moulding results out of substandard players, I don't think it would have been possible to get those same results playing fantastic flowing football.

It will be interesting to see what happens once Tioté and Cabaye are back and we have the two strikers now. Wolves at home, injuries/suspensions permitting will be the first time this season we'll be able to see our strongest team. If we're still playing disjointed hoofball then, Pardew will deserve a bit more stick.

Im fucking delighted.

He's doing a cracking job, im sure 99% of us would have been happy with being safe at the end of the season.. we have a decent team despite most peoples scepticism that our best players would be sold in January they weren't, my feeling is if we finish in a good position and get into Europe we will hold onto our best players and bring in good replacements for our weaker areas.

We have a good unity and bond in the team (see people like Demba, Perch etc's interviews) and the players seem genuinely excited to play for us which is something we haven't seen for a long time, Pardew has to take a lot of credit for that.

So i'm going to enjoy this season for the huge success it's been and look forward to how we finish because i think and hope we will only get stronger from here.

[Disclaimer] I cannot be held responsible for the Mike or Dereks actions [/Disclaimer] 

Also, while we do have a great spine to the team now we also have a lot of really bad squad players. The amount of times we've been able to field our best XI this season is minimal (when you consider Cissé has been here all of 5 minutes, too). It's all right saying we have great footballers, and we do have a few that are very good -  but the squad is padded out with a number who are barely Premier League quality. It's difficult to play passing football from the back for example when you have a fullback who is as poor on the ball as Danny Simpson. Pardew has done a great job squeezing performances and moulding results out of substandard players, I don't think it would have been possible to get those same results playing fantastic flowing football.

It will be interesting to see what happens once Tioté and Cabaye are back and we have the two strikers now. Wolves at home, injuries/suspensions permitting will be the first time this season we'll be able to see our strongest team. If we're still playing disjointed hoofball then, Pardew will deserve a bit more stick.

Sewelly, your Av is genuinely terrifying.

HTT what the f*** do you want man, we are sat in 5th sprt, looking on course for a champions league chase but you still want more??  :lol: :lol:

Its about the football for me. Under Pardew we produce poor football on a consistent basis and I just know that will f*** us up sooner rather than later. This season, all though unexpected and pretty good in terms of where we are, I feel we are there by other fortune, that this is a fluke in parts. I look at our players and faceplam when I see such a poor perfomance as against too many sides this season.

I will make a comparision of sorts here. Although we finished 5th under Sir Bobby in his final full season in charge, we all knew we were s*** that season and unlikely to porgress much further unless drastic changes were made, perhaps replacing the great man himself. Well I was one of those who advocated that perhaps we needed to replace him. Of course we only went and replaced him with f***ing Souness... worst mistake ever, but if we had of replaced him with someone different, someone better (in certain areas), who knows.

For me this season is similar. We are 5th but my the football we have served up has been s*** and although Pardew does deserve credit and is obviously doing wonders of some sort, I feel we are 5th in general in spite of him rather than because of him.

Now I get your point about what more do you want. I aknowledge that my points and reasoning seem churlish and extreme but I really believe given our players, the new financial fair play stuff and our scouting and setup that we are perhaps a good tactician and advocate of good football away from something special, not for the now, but long-term.

That's my beief anyway and I stand by it. For me our football or rather lack of speaks huge volumes given the talent we have. We should be putting away sides comfortably as we did under KK back when we first came up in the early 90s or under Sir Bobby. Because we have the players.

I was in London last week and a Chelsea fan couldn't believe just how good a spine we had and how we accunmulated such a spine under the radar.

Krul he said was the best 'keeper in the league on form, Colo one of the best defenders. Tiote and Cabaye a fearsom twosome. Ba the league's deadliest striker and now Cisse, a real goalscorer. Add Ben Arfa, Jonas, Santon, Guthrie, all good footballers, and we have the players yet our football takes us back to Big Sam's day in ways.

Playing Ryan Taylor ahead of Ben Arfa at home to QPR and Villa, much lesser sides. Playing for a narrow 1-0 win at home to QPR with 50 minutes to go. The constant long ball. Brighton in the Cup. Stevenage. Playing Joey Barton wide left. a right footed player.

These may seem minor issues in the grande scheme of things but they are or should act as massive alarm bells ringing away.

Pardew talked about good football, passing football and slick moves, yet we see none of it. We are 5th and well done to all but whenever I watch us play, all bias aside, I look on in wonder just how we are so high in the table when lesser sides outplay us and out perform us. From QPR to Villa most recently.

If we want top 10-8 footy, or mid-table steadyness, Pardew is your man. Foreget this season, its a fluke in the way Everton finishing 4th was, but if you want more, then we seriously need ro consider replacing Pardew in the same way we need to seriously consider replacing Simpson at RB if we are to improve, or to accomodate Ben Arfa etc.

You still haven't said who you would replace AP with?..

Its about the football for me. Under Pardew we produce poor football on a consistent basis and I just know that will f*** us up sooner rather than later. This season, all though unexpected and pretty good in terms of where we are, I feel we are there by other fortune, that this is a fluke in parts. I look at our players and faceplam when I see such a poor perfomance as against too many sides this season.

I will make a comparision of sorts here. Although we finished 5th under Sir Bobby in his final full season in charge, we all knew we were s*** that season and unlikely to porgress much further unless drastic changes were made, perhaps replacing the great man himself. Well I was one of those who advocated that perhaps we needed to replace him. Of course we only went and replaced him with f***ing Souness... worst mistake ever, but if we had of replaced him with someone different, someone better (in certain areas), who knows.

For me this season is similar. We are 5th but my the football we have served up has been s*** and although Pardew does deserve credit and is obviously doing wonders of some sort, I feel we are 5th in general in spite of him rather than because of him.

You still haven't said who you would replace AP with?..

hitzfeld, natch!

For all the praise Swansea get, and it's largely justified, they were utterly pathetic when they came up to SJP this season.

Most negative side we've faced at home this season by a fair distance.

Good result for them though......

spot on

Swansea play the way they do because if they didn't, they'd not get half of the results they do. We play the way we do (which isn't half as bad as people make out) because it's proven to get results and is taking us to the brink of Europe.

Yep, given the point Sewelly made as well about our lack of quality in depth I can't argue with the way Pardew's set us up. We're a hard working team who looks to shut down other teams strengths first and tries to supply our very clinical strikers with enough chances to get a couple of goals each week.

It's not the beautiful football we'd all play given the chance but we're certainly not Stoke and it's working a treat.

The only thing I'd like to see the back of is the overly negative performances like we saw at Liverpool but I would hope we should see the back of them next season.