Alan Pardew

JH

Did he even go to the Blackburn FA Cup game?

Abeid and Ben Arfa were absolutely outstanding and to keep faith in the likes of Obertan and Gosling defies all logic. Yes the squad is weak in places but it doesn't help when players that should be guaranteed starters are sat on the bench - then you're creating the problem yourself.

Obertan over HBA, as far as I'm concerned is Perch over Coloccini, Elliott over Krul, Shola over Ba, that's the gap between the abilities of those two players. It's insanity.

Completely agree with this mind, particularly with Abeid and Ben Arfa vs Blackburn.

Abeid and Ben Arfa were absolutely outstanding and to keep faith in the likes of Obertan and Gosling defies all logic. Yes the squad is weak in places but it doesn't help when players that should be guaranteed starters are sat on the bench - then you're creating the problem yourself.

Obertan over HBA, as far as I'm concerned is Perch over Coloccini, Elliott over Krul, Shola over Ba, that's the gap between the abilities of those two players. It's insanity.

We need players to keep the ball and not give it away so cheaply.

The likes of

Simpson

Perch

Jonas

Willo

Were the biggest culprits today.  You've got no chance if the balls coming back so quickly

Great post.

Guest Howaythetoon

Exactly and its so fucking obvious it is laughable.

Cant and wont blame him for todays result. Typing on a mac, no idea how to get the apostrophes, or whatever theyre called.

You don't have to blame him, he's just said he was to blame for today so saved you from having to do so.

Guest Howaythetoon

And this, this is what I mean with my ramblings about him... the man is clueless. Poor performance after poor performance after poor performance. I hope Ashley looking on witnessed this and had the same thoughts he had about Hughton when we lost to Bolton...

I bet you still think we've got a team full of brilliant footballers, though. Look at some of the s**** out there today, man.

Aye s*** like Obertan... who keeps getting a game ahead of Ben Arfa for example.

Perch actually played well and he's considered our shittest player. We were beaten because we don't have a f***ing clue as to which way to play and that's down to the clueless idiot in the dugout.

I don't think anybody on here can defend Pardew for that abomination, but our squad is jam-packed with Championship players man. We've progressed quicker than expected results wise but are still along way from building a competetive squad.

Bull shit. Lovenkrands, Smith, perhaps Perch, these are Championship type players. In the main we have Premier league quality players. The fact this idiot would rather play Obertan ahead of Ben Arfa, Perch ahead of Abied and still finds room on the bench for Lovenkrands is why we are fucking up not because we have a squad full of Championship players, do we fuck. And even if we did, I look at Norwicha nd Swansea with their squad full of Championship players and see they play football. We do not and that's because our manager doesn't know how to get a side playing football, much less knows how to pick the right players to do so. My patience with him is wearing massively thin. If we start next season with Pardew we'll undo all the good work being done.

I don't blame him for thinking we can go two up front with the Dembas and get away with it. But he really should've consider how likely it was our midfield could play with theirs, getting a draw here was a possibility if we played it safe with three in the center of the park.

All season bar the odd 5 min we've had trouble keeping the ball and have got away with it. Today we came up against a crack side who punish teams who give them the ball back frequently. This is the core of the trouble with the footabll we play. Players missing of course IS THE TIME that keeping the ball is at its most important...But we don't really know how to do it/aren't setup to do it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Here is an idea Alan. Drop Simpson and Obertan and replace them with Santon and Ben Arfa. Put Ferguson in at left-back, a position he has played for most of his life and he is left-footed, and rather than play Perch in the centre, play Abied who has demonstrated he has some modicrum of ability on the fucking ball. Do that and instruct them to play football, give them some freedom to express themselves and the confidence to do so. Do that tonight and we wouldn't have been absoluteley battered. We might have lost but we would have given them a fucking game. This was embarrassing tonight. We are much much better than this, we have better players who shouldn't be getting beaten 5-0. I wouldn't mind but these heavy defeats are not unusual under Pardew.

Fucking joke today. It's been coming though. Signs were obvious since Brighton.

Just sincerely hope this isn't the beginning of a slide. As others have said though, all of the top sides bar City have had a shafting, our turn today.

Guest Howaythetoon

Obertan should never ever play for us again. Atrocious footballer who managed to lance any future complaints about Ben Arfa's lack of defensive nous with his f***ing shambolic display tracking back this evening. Pardew deserves a clip for starting him.

He gave the ball away at one point and just stopped while his man ran upfield 40 yards or so. Simpson was going apeshit with him. To be honest that whole right side is piss poor. Simpson tries but he's simply not good enough as much as I like him. A squad player at best. Obertan? He's one of the most shocking players I've seen in our shirt. So so poor its puzzling how he ever made it. I'm sure many an amateur player would do better.

Just sincerely hope this isn't the beginning of a slide. As others have said though, all of the top sides bar City have had a shafting, our turn today.

"Signs were obvious since Brighton." & "Just sincerely hope this isn't the beginning of a slide."  :idiot2:

Did you forget the two games inbetween in which we scored four, conceded one and secured six points?

Here is an idea Alan. Drop Simpson and Obertan and replace them with Santon and Ben Arfa. Put Ferguson in at left-back, a position he has played for most of his life and he is left-footed, and rather than play Perch in the centre, play Abied who has demonstrated he has some modicrum of ability on the f***ing ball. Do that and instruct them to play football, give them some freedom to express themselves and the confidence to do so. Do that tonight and we wouldn't have been absoluteley battered. We might have lost but we would have given them a f***ing game. This was embarrassing tonight. We are much much better than this, we have better players who shouldn't be getting beaten 5-0. I wouldn't mind but these heavy defeats are not unusual under Pardew.

Don't forget to stick them in a 4-3-1-2 formation, set Guthrie to 'playmaker' and put the pre-match talk to 'We can win this'.

Guest bimpy474

"Signs were obvious since Brighton." & "Just sincerely hope this isn't the beginning of a slide."  :idiot2:

Did you forget the two games inbetween in which we scored four, conceded one and secured six points?

Very lucky against Blackburn, and outplayed first half by Villa, a pattern emerging i think.

Obertan should never ever play for us again. Atrocious footballer who managed to lance any future complaints about Ben Arfa's lack of defensive nous with his f***ing shambolic display tracking back this evening. Pardew deserves a clip for starting him.

He gave the ball away at one point and just stopped while his man ran upfield 40 yards or so. Simpson was going apeshit with him. To be honest that whole right side is piss poor. Simpson tries but he's simply not good enough as much as I like him. A squad player at best. Obertan? He's one of the most shocking players I've seen in our shirt. So so poor its puzzling how he ever made it. I'm sure many an amateur player would do better.

He's an absolute fucking disgrace. He might be all fancy flicks in training but on the pitch he's an absolute shambles. Don't get me wrong I'll support him if he continues to get picked, but he should never play for us again. The fact he has played more games for us than Ben Arfa has, showing no more predilection for defending than Hatem, yet the latter is the one getting shite for not tracking back baffles me.

Very lucky against Blackburn, and outplayed first half by Villa, a pattern emerging i think.

We've played like that most of the season, though. We've had games where we've got spanked as we did today and games where we've rode our luck but still took three points. It's arguable that "the slide" has been coming on since August.

Did you forget the number of shots Blackburn had? Or the way we were outplayed by Villa for the first 45? Results don't tell the whole story.

I like Pardew, and he's done a cracking job so far, but do me a favour - anyone could see we were not playing well for large parts of the games we won. We were just fortunate that Blackburn and Villa were couldn't finish for shit.

Guest Dontooner

How do we identify whether we are playing good football??

Just look at how we attacked today, it was a open game but we chose to put in cross after cross, (except for Jonas final minute chance that went through the middle)

And how we passed it??? Wide for a cross. We have no variation in open attacking because Pardew have not train the team to play attacking in the last third. i cant remember when was the last time we open up a team because we out pass them and found space or put a good convincing through pass to a striker. Toothless really...

This is not a coincidence at spurs. "Hoof and cross Pardew" has been in nearly in every game bar 1st half of fulham. 

Guest bimpy474

We've played like that most of the season, though.

Not like we did in those two games though, personally i think its a squad thing, not having enough quality underneath, also Pardew persisting with poor players doesn't help.

Even the QPR home game, first twenty minutes, they could have been out of sight.

Results have certainly masked performances at times, you've got to give the manager credit for that in Tiote's absence but you've also got to say that something like today has been coming - in fact it already has come because we were embarrassed in the end at Fulham as well.

Here is an idea Alan. Drop Simpson and Obertan and replace them with Santon and Ben Arfa. Put Ferguson in at left-back, a position he has played for most of his life and he is left-footed, and rather than play Perch in the centre, play Abied who has demonstrated he has some modicrum of ability on the fucking ball. Do that and instruct them to play football, give them some freedom to express themselves and the confidence to do so. Do that tonight and we wouldn't have been absoluteley battered. We might have lost but we would have given them a fucking game. This was embarrassing tonight. We are much much better than this, we have better players who shouldn't be getting beaten 5-0. I wouldn't mind but these heavy defeats are not unusual under Pardew.

:thup: