Alan Pardew

JH

Settled back line? It's been a glaring liability since the Saylor injury. All this Ben Arfa talk is a bit of a red herring. Yes I would have liked to have seen him brought on. It wouldn't have changed the outcome dastically if he had started though tbh. The fact that championship players standard players regularly make up 50-75% of our defense shows me where the real worry lies. Pardew mind....

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQS_RDIpOJKP36EFo5ATILo4ca-LTeQMkVAB7B1tR2xaO4GpHO-IQ

...has to be said.

Even the QPR home game, first twenty minutes, they could have been out of sight.

Results have certainly masked performances at times, you've got to give the manager credit for that in Tiote's absence but you've also got to say that something like today has been coming.

I think that's fair. The most important thing for me is how we react in the Wolves game, though. If we're consistently winning games that we 'should' win, then we can afford to lose to the likes of Spurs. I'm not saying for one minute that the performance or result was remotely acceptable today, btw.

I think we should be okay against Wolves, we've shown in other games against poor sides that we can play badly but still come up with the points due to the fact we've got strikers who can win games. It's totally different to playing a side like Spurs who will punish a side that can't pass and hold the ball. Spurs embarrassed us with their fast passing and pace. Against Wolves it will just be two hoofball sides so we'll get the ball back easier when we give it away.

Guest Dontooner

Omg Ryan Taylor...

Please Ashely , hope you witness this game today and scout a better manager at the end of the season, it fairly obviously we lost this game so badly because of the sheer quality difference at the helm. Lol Ryan taylor just confirms "Hoof and Cross Pardew" for me.

Got dicked today but let's no kid ourselves that replacing Obertan with Ben Arfa would have changed the result. We were out of the game after 6 minutes.

Not about to start pissing my knickers because of today either. We got dicked, we move on and look to take 6 points from Wolves and the mackems.

Omg Ryan Taylor...

Please Ashely , hope you witness this game today and scout a better manager at the end of the season, it fairly obviously we lost this game so badly because of the sheer quality difference at the helm. Lol Ryan taylor just confirms "Hoof and Cross Pardew" for me.

We've not been out of the top seven all season. We were a Championship side two years ago. Kindly go and boil your head. :thup:

It was actually quite funny watching us making subs to shore the game up when we were 4-0 down. Do you think Pardew got it backwards? Usually the away side starts off with a cautious selection then brings on attacking subs to try and nick a win or a defender to try and hold a lead. As a tactical masterplan it was like trying to plug the hole in the titanic with a piece of chewing gum :lol:

Omg Ryan Taylor...

:dowiespin:

The criticism over him saying we were missing Ryan Taylor is a bit stupid.

He's played loads of games this season and played a key role. Whether you rate him or not, the point Pardew was making about him being in the team if he was fit is a valid one.

People actually believe this stuff? Look man, we got battered by a team of good footballers playing good football. Putting in another limited player into the team isn't the answer. You just watched the game being played as it should be by the opposition. If a 5-0 hammering isn't a clear endorsement of quality passing football philosophy over long ball stats bullshit I don't know what is.

Guest Dontooner

Omg Ryan Taylor...

We've not been out of the top seven all season. We were a Championship side two years ago. Kindly go and boil your head. :thup:

Move on , we have bought well and have better players than two years ago, and a couple of years before we drop into the Championship , we were in Europe. Football changes and teams improve or fall off. Stop using that as an excuse, how many freaking years must we be out of the Championship before we can claim we can improve and be hoping for better.

Omg Ryan Taylor...

Move on , we have bought well and have better players than two years ago, and a couple of years before we drop into the Championship , we were in Europe. Football changes and teams improve or fall off. Stop using that as an excuse, how many freaking years must we be out of the Championship before we can claim we can improve and be hoping for better.

More than two.

Omg Ryan Taylor...

Unless you're Man City/Chelsea it takes a while to build a squad capable of consistently finishing in the top six. The fact we're even competing a mere year and half follwoing a promotion is a testament to how well Pardew is doing.

Guest Dontooner

Omg Ryan Taylor...

Unless you're Man City/Chelsea it takes a while to build a squad capable of consistently finishing in the top six. The fact we're even competing a mere year and half follwoing a promotion is a testament to how well Pardew is doing.

The season hasn't ended lets see where we finish before the victory laps, i am more focus on how we are performing on the pitch. As i said in another thread is it Ridiculously to congratulate or give credit to Pardew before the end of the season. For now the credit he deserves is keeping us from being relegated and nothing more.

Not impressed with his post match interview tbh.

Was the worst post match interview he has had since joining the club.

We cant go to the top 4 teams and try to defend against them. We have to try and put pressure on them, because if you just back off you will concede no doubt.

Ive likened his tactics to Sven Göran Eriksson and I will do it again. Complete utter fucking tool and inept during matchtime. He cant change a game to save his own ass with substitutions and so on. Embarassing stuff, always takes more than an hour. He has no balls at times.

We have probably this seasons two most important matches if we want to have a go at the 5th or even 4th spot. Wolves, Mackem games are huge. We just have to bag 6 points from these.