Alan Pardew

JH

Even the QPR home game, first twenty minutes, they could have been out of sight.

Results have certainly masked performances at times, you've got to give the manager credit for that in Tiote's absence but you've also got to say that something like today has been coming.

I think that's fair. The most important thing for me is how we react in the Wolves game, though. If we're consistently winning games that we 'should' win, then we can afford to lose to the likes of Spurs. I'm not saying for one minute that the performance or result was remotely acceptable today, btw.

Here is an idea Alan. Drop Simpson and Obertan and replace them with Santon and Ben Arfa. Put Ferguson in at left-back, a position he has played for most of his life and he is left-footed, and rather than play Perch in the centre, play Abied who has demonstrated he has some modicrum of ability on the f***ing ball. Do that and instruct them to play football, give them some freedom to express themselves and the confidence to do so. Do that tonight and we wouldn't have been absoluteley battered. We might have lost but we would have given them a f***ing game. This was embarrassing tonight. We are much much better than this, we have better players who shouldn't be getting beaten 5-0. I wouldn't mind but these heavy defeats are not unusual under Pardew.

:thup:

Because playing without a defensive central midfielder is a good idea v one of the best playmakers in the league? If Pards messed up anywhere it wasnt on that.

Even the QPR home game, first twenty minutes, they could have been out of sight.

Results have certainly masked performances at times, you've got to give the manager credit for that in Tiote's absence but you've also got to say that something like today has been coming.

I think that's fair. The most important thing for me is how we react in the Wolves game, though. If we're consistently winning games that we 'should' win, then we can afford to lose to the likes of Spurs. I'm not saying for one minute that the performance or result was remotely acceptable today, btw.

I totally agree, that's what has got us where we are, picking up points against "everyone else" even though we've generally looked poor against really good sides, Man Utd at home aside. Perfect game to follow up with really, Wolves are dreadful and we should be putting out the strongest side so far this season - full strength other than Steven Taylor. No excuses.

We should also remember that every side in the top seven other than Man City has also taken a considerable kicking at some point this season from another around them.

We should also remember that every side in the top seven other than Man City has also taken a considerable kicking at some point this season from another around them.

:thup: yep, I think this is something that gets overlooked. Spurs themselves got fucked at home by City.

Here is an idea Alan. Drop Simpson and Obertan and replace them with Santon and Ben Arfa. Put Ferguson in at left-back, a position he has played for most of his life and he is left-footed, and rather than play Perch in the centre, play Abied who has demonstrated he has some modicrum of ability on the f***ing ball. Do that and instruct them to play football, give them some freedom to express themselves and the confidence to do so. Do that tonight and we wouldn't have been absoluteley battered. We might have lost but we would have given them a f***ing game. This was embarrassing tonight. We are much much better than this, we have better players who shouldn't be getting beaten 5-0. I wouldn't mind but these heavy defeats are not unusual under Pardew.

Aye dropping members of settled back line for inexperienced kids who have barely kicked a ball all season and a lad out wide who would of done well to get a touch would of changed the nature of the game.

Have any of the top teams let in 4 or more goals 3 times in the league?

You don't lose extra points in the table for conceding more than 4, unless they introduced that rule and I missed it.

No, but our GD is lots worse than the other teams we're currently competing with. Come the end of the season, the matches where we've not just been beaten but capitulated may cost us.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye dropping members of settled back line for inexperienced kids who have barely kicked a ball all season and a lad out wide who would of done well to get a touch would of changed the nature of the game.

Ben Arfa would have had more joy in this game than in most due to how open the game was in terms of space and in terms of how attacking Spurs were. As for playing kids... if they are good enough they are old enough. Ferguson came on and did more in his cameo spell than Obertan did all game not only in an attacking sense but defensively too. Its a simple game. We are a lopsided side especially on the flanks and that's down to team selection. We actually have the players to give us not only the balance but also the quality.

You don't lose extra points in the table for conceding more than 4, unless they introduced that rule and I missed it.

No, but our GD is lots worse than the other teams we're currently competing with. Come the end of the season, the matches where we've not just been beaten but capitulated may cost us.

And as Wullie pointed out, every team other than Man City has been royally fucked once this season. We've not lost any other games by a margin like this. It's only cause for concern if it happens frequently imo.

The Fulham game, alright. The Chelsea (h) game was incredibly unfortunate (hit woodwork, 2 key injuries, shit refereeing decision) and I'm choosing not to count that. Today. I can't really recall anymore 'tonkings'.

I can't remember anybody saying that you did lose extra points for conceding more than 4, I just remember it being commented on that "every side in the top seven other than Man City has also taken a considerable kicking."  I wondered if any of the others had done it as often as we have, I can only guess they haven't so I don’t see why it should be made to look like its one game in isolation like it probably has been with the other top teams who have mainly been well beaten by Man City or Man U.

Guest Dontooner

Cant see it being any worst, since spurs took their pedal off the gas after 5 goals. Giving some of those kids PL experience seems pretty fair imo. Perch ,Simpson,loven i dont know why we are sticking with them when they are clearly surplus to requirements and likely shipped out soon. Obertan is a headache though..

And as Wullie pointed out, every team other than Man City has been royally fucked once this season. We've not lost any other games by a margin like this. It's only cause for concern if it happens frequently imo.

The Fulham game, alright. The Chelsea (h) game was incredibly unfortunate (hit woodwork, 2 key injuries, shit refereeing decision) and I'm choosing not to count that. Today. I can't really recall anymore 'tonkings'.

Conceding seven goals to Norwich and West Brom (the latter being at home) didn't help. We just seem to collapse at times, our confidence seems brittle.

Conceding seven goals to Norwich and West Brom (the latter being at home) didn't help. We just seem to collapse at times, our confidence seems brittle.

The Norwich game was the morning after the night before re: the Chelsea game. Four full-backs in defence, hands were tied somewhat. Agree about the WBA game though.

"They were very good and we had a problem today. We've got three of our first-choice midfield out and that was just too much."

tiote , cabaye,

who's the other one?  Marveaux?  really pards? 

Ryan Taylor.  :lol: