Alan Pardew

JH

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Alan-Pardew-will-be-named-Newcastle-boss-on-Thursday-morning-after-the-club-dismissed-a-link-with-Jurgen-Klinsmann-but-faces-a-major-task-in-winning-over-the-clubs-bewildered-supporters-article647667.html

Newcastle ready to unveil new boss Pardew

Published 23:01 08/12/10 By Simon Bird

Alan Pardew will be named Newcastle boss on Thursday morning - but faces a major task in winning over bewildered Geordie supporters.

The ex-Reading, West Ham and Charlton boss flew to Tyneside on Wednesday and spent the night at Slaley Hall, Northumberland ironing out the final details of his task in talks with United MD Derek Llambias.

Some Newcastle supporters are fuming that Pardew is set to replace sacked Chris Hughton, with some talking of protests against owner Mike Ashley at the Liverpool game on Saturday.

But the reality is that Pardew has been handed a long term deal to show he is the man that players and fans can rally behind.

Pardew, who will pen a £700,000-a-year contract that features bonuses for hitting targets including survival in the top flight, is still negotiating with Newcastle over his backroom staff.

Ray Lewington is on his list as a No2 with Andy Woodman, currently League One side Charlton's goalkeeper coach, also wanted, along with other scientific staff. The club are keen for Peter Beardsley to have a senior role, to groom him for the future.

Newcastle ruled out a move for Germany and Spurs legend Jurgen Klinsmann, who was the subject of a betting rally on Wednesday afternoon. Sources described the rumour as "crazy".

Pardew's first job will be to handle an awkward press conference, in which he will have to tackle the question of fan unrest head on, but the club are confident he will be given a fair crack given that the turmoil created by Hughton's sacking was out of his hands.

He only polled less than two per cent of votes in one local newspaper poll asking who should be manager, with Martin O'Neill top on 42 per cent.

The 49-year-old's honeymoon period has ended before he even signed his contract and he has a job on his hands to placate the Geordie fans now that he is Ashley's managerial frontman.

:(

The man is nothing but a puppet for Mike Ashley. He may as well be Ashley himself. Im sure a lot of people will think im a cunt for it, but he isnt getting an ounce of support from me. He will probably be here until Ashley sells as well.

The man is nothing but a puppet for Mike Ashley. He may as well be Ashley himself. Im sure a lot of people will think im a cunt for it, but he isnt getting an ounce of support from me. He will probably be here until Ashley sells as well.

And for what its worth, ive always backed our managers. This whole thing just completely stinks, I simply dont trust the man.

Honestly think Pardew will walk before Easter. He's got no idea of the hostility he's going to be walking into. The fans fucking hate him and he's not even got the job (officially) yet.

He's on a hiding to nothing and the pressure of losing regularly and the fans hating him from Day 1 will finish him. He'll walk, I'm certain of it. 

He will be doing exactly as he's told.

And Im fairly sure one of his first tasks will be to ship out anyone on serious money.

Guest Heneage

I just find this infuriating, Pardew is getting all the trappings Hughton had earned. A good transfer budget a long term deal and extensive staff.

He will be doing exactly as he's told.

And Im fairly sure one of his first tasks will be to ship out anyone on serious money.

Andy Carroll gone in January, if not the summer. Chelsea, Spurs and possibly Man United waiting in the wings. Shifting out the likes of Smith and Barton will be much harder, because who will pay them the wages they are on here?

I just find this infuriating, Pardew is getting all the trappings Hughton had earned. A good transfer budget a long term deal and extensive staff.

Its like when Bobby built a team, and Souness got the £50million to spend, then everyone else following him got fuck all.

Honestly think Pardew will walk before Easter. He's got no idea of the hostility he's going to be walking into. The fans fucking hate him and he's not even got the job (officially) yet.

He's on a hiding to nothing and the pressure of losing regularly and the fans hating him from Day 1 will finish him. He'll walk, I'm certain of it. 

Not the hatred he will get when (as Otter says), he offloads some of our favourite players. Things like Ben Arfa not being bought and Tiote being dropped are inevitable.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Alan-Pardew-will-be-named-Newcastle-boss-on-Thursday-morning-after-the-club-dismissed-a-link-with-Jurgen-Klinsmann-but-faces-a-major-task-in-winning-over-the-clubs-bewildered-supporters-article647667.html

Newcastle ready to unveil new boss Pardew

Pardew's first job will be to handle an awkward press conference, in which he will have to tackle the question of fan unrest head on, but the club are confident he will be given a fair crack given that the turmoil created by Hughton's sacking was out of his hands.

That part of a sentence sums ashley up, No idea and totally out of touch with the fan base.

Don't think pardew will get anything to spend tbh. Another window beckons where we'll make a handsome profit. Who on earth in any event would join the club at the moment.

Guest Heneage

Righto.

I bet he gets a damn sight more than Hughton. It won't be the 'Warchest' promised, more of a combat container. I think he'll get between 5-10m to spend seeing as he's Ashley's mate.