Alan Pardew

JH

If this acutally happens it's such a mind-boggling decision.  What is Ashley playing at here?  Ridiculous.

The only way this works is if Pardew comes in and doesn't stop winning.  The first bad run (like the one we're in) and we're threw.

What could the players do in protest if they were even inclined?

The man is coming in under acrimonious circumstances.  This prick Pardew is part of the ouster, particularly if golfmag is right (which I certainly have no reason to believe otherwise now).  He was complicit in the odious treatment of Hughton, and therefore will not get any support from me.  In fact, I hate the pr*ck even more.  Props to Jol for not even considering this job.

Guest ykmkmdd

Much better win percentage as a manager than a certain Steve Bruce (43.75% to 37.36% - from Wiki) in a similar number of games.

Not much to cling to but might shut any mouthy mackems like the twats I have to work with up for 5 minutes.

Guest firetotheworks

Even if Pardew did do well, it would only lead me to believe that Ashley would sack him. It's easier if I just despise him forever.

Even if Pardew did do well, it would only lead me to believe that Ashley would sack him. It's easier if I just despise him forever.

absolutely. we know that Ashley is unstable so it doesnt really matter who comes in because A/ we know they havent been appointed for football reasons and B/ that Ashley will find a way to fuck it up anyway.

Not sure if the question has already been asked but, what if Pardew actually does well? I don't want him here either but feel that if he does a good job then all this will be thrown back in our faces

Not sure if the question has already been asked but, what if Pardew actually does well? I don't want him here either but feel that if he does a good job then all this will be thrown back in our faces

Although I disagree wholeheartedly with all of this I hope he does. The club is far bigger than any of this shit and if its doing well I'll be happy. Can't see it though. Think he is a cunt for going behind Hughtons back n all if thats true.

We would find a way to get Spurs, Arsenal then Man U on the way to the final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.  But Pardew would destroy them all.

Of course he'd destroy them. Those losers have no experience in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. We'd trounce them with the Pardinator.

If he does well, Ashley will sack him, that's the point. The cunt has no class.

No the point is that no doubt the media are going to get hold of the fact that we don't want Pardew but say we finished in the top half, it's going to be a case of us looking more of a laughing stock to them and other clubs' fans than we do now

Although I disagree wholeheartedly with all of this I hope he does. The club is far bigger than any of this shit and if its doing well I'll be happy. Can't see it though. Think he is a cunt for going behind Hughtons back n all if thats true.

Said it elsewhere, but I'll let Pardew off if he pulls it off. I said that if he managed to get Martin Jol, he's landed on his feet, but he's still a classless prick who I will never forgive or trust again. Same will be said if Pardew makes it work. I'll still be waiting for Ashley to send it tits up again, and for that reason alone, I don't think I'm going to truly enjoy and appreciate any possible sucess we might (but probably won't) have whilst he's here.

If he does well, Ashley will sack him, that's the point. The cunt has no class.

No the point is that no doubt the media are going to get hold of the fact that we don't want Pardew but say we finished in the top half, it's going to be a case of us looking more of a laughing stock to them and other clubs' fans than we do now

Probably not, tbh. Everyone seems to be on our side right now, wondering why on earth this has all happened. Just because it very well may work, I don't think they'll jump on us for it too much, only if we still don't accept him even if he does a good job. And if they do get on our backs for it, who cares? The media means fuck all to most NUFC fans due to the shite they spout already, what difference will this make?

Guest firetotheworks

If he does well, Ashley will sack him, that's the point. The c*** has no class.

I do not give one solitary s*** what other clubs and the media think about us any more. Ashley has way more stinging power than anything they can conjure up about us. The point is that if for arguments sake, pardew does well, it won't change my stance on this. The way Ashley has managed our club is disgraceful, no matter what the outcome is. He is not someone I want to even be associated with us, and for us to still be unified in our hatred and condemnation of him through relative success would make me proud to be among the rest of the fans. This is about principles and standards for me, not fickleness in the jaws of possible success.

Said it elsewhere, but I'll let Pardew off if he pulls it off. I said that if he managed to get Martin Jol, he's landed on his feet, but he's still a classless prick who I will never forgive or trust again. Same will be said if Pardew makes it work. I'll still be waiting for Ashley to send it tits up again, and for that reason alone, I don't think I'm going to truly enjoy and appreciate any possible sucess we might (but probably won't) have whilst he's here.

yep, because if it works it will be despite ashley not because of him- for the simple reason that ashley isnt acting for footballing reasons.

same as when Hughton was appointed - it wasnt because Ashley saw a budding Arsene Wenger in the making in this overlooked coach, but because he thought Hughton would be a cheap, low maintenance yes man who would give him no problems.

It turned out Hughton was a pretty decent manager, but once it became clear he was far from a cheap yes man Ashley got rid, because that is something Ashley values far more than actual ability at managing a side.

the exact same situation will play out if Pardew, a year or so down the line, tries to renegotiate his contract, or wants to bring in his own assistant manager, or attempts to exert influence over transfers or club policy. he'll be out the door just like Keegan, Shearer and Hughton before him, because he was never hired in the first place because Ashley values his ability but for other reasons.