Alan Pardew

JH

and it´s not like it´s just this game you can name about 10 games were we been a disgrace. and the way I see it. if you have a good manager and a manager that likes to play football the players will play better. today it looked like they never seen a football.

Pardew will take the stick but it's our midfielders who didn't show up.

The whole set-up was wrong. I know we have trouble playing with a very high line but we played VERY deep. The gap between our midfielders and strikers was huge. We played on a defensive tilt unnecessarily and I primarily blame Pardew. Everyone seemed asleep. We needed Pardew to shake things up and come out in the second half firing. We came out worse than before.

and it´s not like it´s just this game you can name about 10 games were we been a disgrace. and the way I see it. if you have a good manager and a manager that likes to play football the players will play better. today it looked like they never seen a football.

Was going to post, but this sums it up. Might be me personally but I truly believe we are yet to see our team click in an attacking sense under Pardew. He wants to be playing like Spurs, thats how he played at Charlton and West Ham, yet to see anything like it here so far.

Are you about 10?

Guest firetotheworks

His tactics have worked, but I hate elements of them like. Knocking the ball long when you have players who can craft openings and stretch oppositions irritates me.

Neither Ba/Cisse were winning the long balls enough. Krul loves them.

Outside of that, he made positive subs really. We just looked completely out of urgency.

Surely Pardew tells Krul to go long? Ridiculous how often he does it.

Probably not telling him to do it. But he could certainly tell him to stop at ANY moment.

Just awful,pardew takes most of the blame in my opinion.we've played bad this season a fair amount and pulled through.today we just played bad.I'm sorry but we've got some superb players.if you can't get tennis to work together pards then you're not good enough.Ben arfa was streaky and poor on the ball but at least he threatenedthem and I'll say one more thing,Simpson should never cross a ball again in his life.I can cross better than him,it's a disgrace

ive read an alarming article a few months ago which included an interview with Carver, that during a week in preparation for a weekend game.

Pardew spends monday to wednesday on defence and on how to nullify the opposition,

on thursday and friday the team is handed over to Carver for plan on Attack.

It's alarming could the blame be put on Carver on why the f*** we always play longball

or on todays aspect,  the blame on Pards on how the f*** we defending so bad and why cant a manager do both , handle attack and defence.

So many of Pardew's faults were on display today.  The conservative flat 4-4-2 with absolutely no attacking outlet from midfield constricted our play and forced a defensive mentality on the players in a game that we should be looking to control. 

Using Ryan Taylor on the ride side of midfield caused similar issues.  He is a defensive option that should not be used in games that we are expected to win.  He offers no outlet from the middle third.  He does not have the capacity to beat a man, hug the touch line or cause any uncertainty in the opponents defense.  All of which are exactly what is needed when you are playing at home against a weak, relegation threatened club, who has gone through a week of turmoil.

Then there were the baffling substitution and formation change combinations.  Did he honestly think that adding Guthrie into a midfield 3 would give us a foothold in possession?  Did he seriously assume that dropping a forward was the best course of action whilst continuing to hump balls into the box.  The main culprit of this being Danny 'loft wedge' Simpson, who I actually pity, spraying comically bad, slow looping balls towards Wolves' defence, who inevitably gobbled them up.

Oh and let's not forget his decision to drop Guthrie from the first team, despite the player having been in the form of his life for the last month and a half.  It just does not good for the player, at all.  How he expected him to come off the bench and not be affected is anyone's guess.  Talk about sticking with your favorites.

So where does he go now?  I don't expect much will change to be honest.  We'll see a flat 4-4-2 with no changes to the personnel for the next game.  We will see a direct game, regardless of opposition.  I actually think it would be beneficial if Aston Villa bossed the first 30 minutes or so.  At least that way would instil a mentality in the players that suites the football they are expected to play.  What we really need to see is this man growing some balls.  Accepting that playing an extra attacking option from midfield may put more pressure on the defence on occasion, but at least we will have the personnel on the pitch capable of stretching teams and making them worry about our players.  At least that way, our players might take a winning mentality onto the pitch, whereby they look to control a game and actually beat an opponent outright as opposed to letting them make the first move and trying to react.  Case in point, see the first 5 minutes of our match today again.

What he is doing is good enough to get us to here.  Now he needs to evolve and take note of the criticisms, because they're going to be, at the very least, partially right.  Good luck Alan, I will be backing you.

Alan Pardhoof: "We was unlucky today I felt, we was in control for most of the game, especially in the middle where our passing was tight, but just couldn't find that bit of luck needed. We was up against tough opposition today, their manager using all his experience and nous to get something out of the game. It was also a shame I was forced in to playing Hatem, who really needs to show more than he's doing if he wants to get in the side. You could say Hatem needs to take his chances and if he did that today we'd have won, as it is, we've dropped two points due to chances not taken"

Pardew will take the stick but it's our midfielders who didn't show up.

The whole set-up was wrong. I know we have trouble playing with a very high line but we played VERY deep. The gap between our midfielders and strikers was huge. We played on a defensive tilt unnecessarily and I primarily blame Pardew. Everyone seemed asleep. We needed Pardew to shake things up and come out in the second half firing. We came out worse than before.

Tiote and Cabaye ALWAYS play REALLY Deep, far too deep to offer anything coming forward, its been the biggest problem facing our attacking play since the start of the season, its not a new proble. It has helped us dominate in midfield, battle and defend at times but we rarely offer anything coming forward. Its a catch 22, Im sure we can let Cabaye roam forward more, because NOTHING positive comes through the centre unless its a Colocinni special.

So many of Pardew's faults were on display today.  The conservative flat 4-4-2 with absolutely no attacking outlet from midfield constricted our play and forced a defensive mentality on the players in a game that we should be looking to control. 

Using Ryan Taylor on the ride side of midfield caused similar issues.  He is a defensive option that should not be used in games that we are expected to win.  He offers no outlet from the middle third.  He does not have the capacity to beat a man, hug the touch line or cause any uncertainty in the opponents defense.  All of which are exactly what is needed when you are playing at home against a weak, relegation threatened club, who has gone through a week of turmoil.

Then there were the baffling substitution and formation change combinations.  Did he honestly think that adding Guthrie into a midfield 3 would give us a foothold in possession?  Did he seriously assume that dropping a forward was the best course of action whilst continuing to hump balls into the box.  The main culprit of this being Danny 'loft wedge' Simpson, who I actually pity, spraying comically bad, slow looping balls towards Wolves' defence, who inevitably gobbled them up.

Oh and let's not forget his decision to drop Guthrie from the first team, despite the player having been in the form of his life for the last month and a half.  It just does not good for the player, at all.  How he expected him to come off the bench and not be affected is anyone's guess.  Talk about sticking with your favorites.

So where does he go now?  I don't expect much will change to be honest.  We'll see a flat 4-4-2 with no changes to the personnel for the next game.  We will see a direct game, regardless of opposition.  I actually think it would be beneficial if Aston Villa bossed the first 30 minutes or so.  At least that way would instil a mentality in the players that suites the football they are expected to play.  What we really need to see is this man growing some balls.  Accepting that playing an extra attacking option from midfield may put more pressure on the defence on occasion, but at least we will have the personnel on the pitch capable of stretching teams and making them worry about our players.  At least that way, our players might take a winning mentality onto the pitch, whereby they look to control a game and actually beat an opponent outright as opposed to letting them make the first move and trying to react.  Case in point, see the first 5 minutes of our match today again.

What he is doing is good enough to get us to here.  Now he needs to evolve and take note of the criticisms, because they're going to be, at the very least, partially right.  Good luck Alan, I will be backing you.

Good post.

Lacks faith in his team.

Very clearly.

Has espoused a philosophy that he himself is unwilling to deploy even against a bottom 3 managerless team when we're at home.  That alone tells you how little he believes in his "A" team's ability to play his allegedly preferred brand of football.  Mind you, with Williamson as a central defender, I'd be scared too.  Should have bought someone else.

lots of good accessment there son.

playing long ball to a man that nods onto nobody.  no movement from midfield to help the attack , vice versa no movement from attack to help the midfield when we got over-ran.  so much was wrong, 

and i prefer to call him Danny 'longball' simpson,  the man that cant pass the ball longer than ten yards on the ground.

Surely he must believe that the likes of Colo, Cabaye, Tiote, Santon, Jonas, HBA, Cisse and Ba can play good football? They've proven they have bags of ability.

I really don't understand his conservative approach to games like this. Ryan Taylor as a RM is insane.

Pardew's not been in this position before, and fuck me it shows. Needs to learn how to build on a lead and kill teams off, especially if he harbours ambitions of gettig into Europe. Far too tolerant of the shit served up week in week out by Simpson an'all. Either tell him to pack in the long ball bollocks or drop him.